Author Topic: Blood Magic - Repercussions?  (Read 13703 times)

Offline MyNinjaH8sU

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Blood Magic - Repercussions?
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2010, 02:39:44 PM »
What kind of thing do you want statted, exactly?

Offline Kaldra

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2010, 02:47:02 PM »
it seems like there is the potential for not quite a sponsored magic, not quite a lawbreaker, and also not quite full blown casting sort of power here, something akin to blood magic from dragon age origins perhaps. of course one could just wrap it all up in cosmetics, much like voodoo but it seems like this has a potential for being a bit more. meh might just be the lack of sleep again, i tend to lurk forums while suffering from insomnia.

Offline Belial666

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2010, 05:29:54 PM »
[-1] Blood Sorcery; the character has Mythic Recovery vs magic. They could potentially recover swiftly from being beaten badly in a magical fight but the real use of this ability is that they can sacrifice their blood and even small body parts to power their spells - and recover rapidly for it.

Basically, you take the "recovery-powered magic" suggestion and take it to the extreme, having the character's recovery be cheaper but ONLY work for such uses. It is kind of rules-lawyery and some GMs might argue against it. Having actually used this power in a campaign and having made it look awesome, I can also say that it could drastically improve your character's flavor. You just have to make sure you don't abuse it. (i.e. intentionally limit yourself for flavor purposes)