Author Topic: Live Chat?  (Read 18005 times)

Offline Velvett

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Live Chat?
« on: June 07, 2006, 11:09:44 PM »
I am prob two steps behind, as usual.  Came back from a week away from the computer and here we all are on the web!  :) 

But seriously, has anyone given any thought to a live chat?  That might be fun when bored out of one's gourd, to be able to log on and chat to other fans. 

I know Jim is busy as all get out, but maybe he or Shannon would want to stop by once a month or something as a special deal?

Just a suggestion :)

Jackie
Velvett@comcast.net

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
Re: Live Chat?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 11:15:09 PM »
We don't have any plans for live chat as yet, but thanks for putting it in the suggestion box. :)
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline neminem

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 09:00:58 PM »
I imagine it would probably be easy enough to set up an IRC channel somewhere, wouldn't it? Now whether Jim or Shannon would ever show there, that's a different story, but it could at least be a place for bored fans to hang out.

That and Wolfe seems to have far more free time to hang out with the fans, at the moment ;).

Offline TMW

• Participant
  • The Fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 08:31:38 PM »
Well, it wouldn't be too hard to make one, as I dabble in IRC occasionally.

Would there be any problem with me just making an "Official Jim Butcher IRC room" or something to that effect?
Jesus Saves!  Everyone else roll for damage.

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2006, 02:48:40 AM »

Would there be any problem with me just making an "Official Jim Butcher IRC room" or something to that effect?

Might want to avoid putting, say, 'Official' at the front of it unless Jim's endorsed it, eh?
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline Phil Boswell

• Conversationalist
  • I for one welcome my new Feline Overlords…
    • View Profile
    • User:Phil Boswell @ Wikipedia
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 08:52:42 AM »

Might want to avoid putting, say, 'Official' at the front of it unless Jim's endorsed it, eh?
Well, I'm on Freenode right now, and usually am during the working week (actually logged-in but idle overnight too) so if anybody would like to drop me a memo, my handle is "Phil_Boswell".

HTH HAND
Phil

Offline BigMama

• Posty McPostington
  • Bemused and Beguiled
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 04:07:07 AM »
Just had my first experience with live chat on a book club we just established. It was a hoot!
Words in the heart cannot be taken. Dorfl

Offline James

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2006, 08:38:49 AM »
Sounds like it could be a good idea. I am a moderator on a small irc network some people I know setup. I have mirc running 24/7 with 4 chat rooms I talk in and run one of them.
Text arriving soon...

Offline BigMama

• Posty McPostington
  • Bemused and Beguiled
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2006, 02:30:14 PM »
We had planned to discuss the assigned chapters for one hour--we ended up going over three! We finally had to end it because the east coast folks were falling out--it was after midnight.  :) Several of us were first time chatters, and we had a great time. It was a free for all! The conversation moved so quickly, you had to be a speed reader to keep up, but it was really fun. I'm hooked!
Words in the heart cannot be taken. Dorfl

Offline James

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2006, 07:06:44 PM »
Text arriving soon...