Author Topic: Grrr Hates Math, Grrr Smash Template!  (Read 1778 times)

Offline adgramaine

• Conversationalist
  • Me n' Harry, we got a few things in common!
    • View Profile
    • Haphazard Projects Forum
Grrr Hates Math, Grrr Smash Template!
« on: November 02, 2010, 03:03:18 AM »
Please for the love of all that is holy, can someone answer this real quick:

How do you figure the costs of having Evocation, Thaumaturgy, and Sponsored Magic (Soulfire), and if it's possible to break down how Sponsored Magic effects the cost of one or the other and then both? And if you can break it down in Captain Dummy terms, I'd be greatly appreciative.   :-\
Faith is seeing the light when all about is dark.

It's a Living!

Tbora

Re: Grrr Hates Math, Grrr Smash Template!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 03:05:18 AM »
thats easy ;)

-3 Evocation
-3 Thaumaturgy
-5 Sponsored Magic: Soulfire
+2 Evocation & Thaumaturgy Rebate

Grand Total: -9

Offline adgramaine

• Conversationalist
  • Me n' Harry, we got a few things in common!
    • View Profile
    • Haphazard Projects Forum
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 03:16:08 AM »
Many thanks, from both me and the heavily erased character sheet   ;D
Faith is seeing the light when all about is dark.

It's a Living!

Offline Becq

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 12:00:06 AM »
By the way, the cost reduction isn't really a cost reduction, depending on how you look at it.  Basically, each spellcasting power you get includes what is basically a free level of refinement worth of focus slots for each half of the spellcasting spectrum.  So Evocation and Thaumaturgy each cover half of the spectrum, and each include one free refinement worth of focus slots (ie, 2).  Sponsored Magic, on its own, covers the whole spectrum, and includes two refinement worth of slots (four).  If you get Sponsored magic and Evocation, you have an overlap, so you refund one of those levels of refinement (but don't get the extra free focus slots, either).

At least, it makes sense to me that way, but it might be even more confusing to others.

Offline ralexs1991

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 02:10:58 AM »
By the way, the cost reduction isn't really a cost reduction, depending on how you look at it.  Basically, each spellcasting power you get includes what is basically a free level of refinement worth of focus slots for each half of the spellcasting spectrum.  So Evocation and Thaumaturgy each cover half of the spectrum, and each include one free refinement worth of focus slots (ie, 2).  Sponsored Magic, on its own, covers the whole spectrum, and includes two refinement worth of slots (four).  If you get Sponsored magic and Evocation, you have an overlap, so you refund one of those levels of refinement (but don't get the extra free focus slots, either).

At least, it makes sense to me that way, but it might be even more confusing to others.

i think i get it it's like getting paid back for buying evocation and thaum twice once each for when you got the powers on their own and then again when you bought sponsored magic
Oh, hi, Mr. Warden!  How are you this fine day?  My, what a shiny sword you have there...