Author Topic: Invoking(Compelling) Stunts?  (Read 1376 times)

Offline aardvark

• Participant
    • View Profile
Invoking(Compelling) Stunts?
« on: November 01, 2010, 08:47:10 AM »
So, we can Invoke someone aspect if we know it. Can we go further and invoke someone stunt if we know it? Or maybe even Compell it?
Example: C has an Subtle Menace Stunt, we know it and "wannabecreative": "Yuck! No offence man, you scare me a lot!" and get +2 for invoking Subtle Menace on Empathy roll?

Thoughts anyone?

Offline Papa Gruff

• Conversationalist
  • in omnia paratus!
    • View Profile
Re: Invoking(Compelling) Stunts?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 10:23:21 AM »
You can't compel stunts. However, it is fairly likely that C has an other aspect that is somehow linked to the stunt. That aspect you may compel.

Can you clear up your example a bit please? It doesn't make much sense to me. Perhaps it a question of understanding. Generally you definitely can't compel stunts, since they are linked to skills and not like many powers linked to aspects.

EDIT: cleared up a typo.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 11:08:07 AM by Papa Gruff »
in omnia peratus! ... wait a minute! ... to give anybody a rucksack? ... DAMN CORRESPONDENCE COURSE!

Offline aardvark

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Invoking(Compelling) Stunts?
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 09:12:34 AM »
You can't compel stunts. However, it is fairly likely that C has an other aspect that is somehow linked to the stunt. That aspect you may compel.

Can you clear up your example a bit please? It doesn't make much sense to me. Perhaps it a question of understanding. Generally you definitely can't compel stunts, since they are linked to skills and not like many powers linked to aspects.

EDIT: cleared up a typo.
It was just a thought. Some very weird one. Now its gone. To good.