Author Topic: Character concepts  (Read 8548 times)

Offline deathwombat

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Character concepts
« on: October 21, 2010, 01:26:15 AM »
I'm really liking some of the character concepts I am seeing on here
Scion of Coyote Spirit Celtic goddess blend
Wow!
Bad typists untie!!!!

Offline Drashna

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Character concepts
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 01:41:15 AM »
Indeed. WereDragon, and other such things.

I've got a player that's a variation of changeling. Instead of slowing becoming more and more fae, he's dual natured in that he shifts back and forth between "pure human" and "pure fae". And the more he uses the fae side, the harder it is to switch back to human. :)  And the fae side is a minotuar, and considering a lot of bull "dieties" and spirits tend to be closely aligned with Summer, its not really a stretch to consider a minotuar a summer fae. :)
[qoute='piotr1600']Sure true love will conquer all... You sponsored an instant vision of a tentacled Cthuluoid monstrosity following Elaine around, meeping piteously and making puppy dog eyes at her while she sighs loudly and gently kisses those tentacles...[/qoute]

Offline miketh

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 03:07:01 AM »
Having access to the books, I'm having fun assembling a few characters for personal use... those being an American Irish kinetomancer, Southern-raised, necromancer-hating cowboy cop, and maybe a few others :)

Offline aardvark

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 10:12:50 AM »
I have one concept codenamed WereGremlin.
It includes Feeding Dependency (Food) and Involantary Change (Eat after sunset). Can be a fun.

Offline babel2uk

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 10:30:16 AM »
I have one concept codenamed WereGremlin.
It includes Feeding Dependency (Food) and Involantary Change (Eat after sunset). Can be a fun.

I don't think I'd bother with the Feeding Dependancy. They don't need food except in the same way that humans need food. It's just that the ones that are spawned from Gizmo actively want to change, so pursue the opportunity to do so. But it has been some time since I saw the films, so I'll admit my memories of them are a little hazy.

Offline Dumbledresden

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 01:10:59 PM »
I am still looking forward to play my Geek Wizard.
Lots and lots of focus items made from TV, comic and movie stuff, conjuring in klingon-language..i think that may be fun.

A few other ideas for characters include:
- Half-dead occult investigator
- Changeling changeling-headhunter, (a Changeling Headhunter, that hunts other changelings for the courts)
- White Court Ghost-train owner (feeding on fear and making money with it..)
- Disco Wizard (beeing stuck in the disco era..)

"Mad? He's a genius! Best wizard in the world! But he is a bit mad, yes."

Offline ralexs1991

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 07:07:20 PM »
Half-dead occult investigator

how can he be half dead lol
Oh, hi, Mr. Warden!  How are you this fine day?  My, what a shiny sword you have there...

Offline Haru

• Posty McPostington
  • Mentally unstable like a fox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 08:22:37 PM »
At the moment I am rereading the entire series (for the oomphth time now...) and I get new character ideas about every 3-4 pages (and forget about most of them about half a page after that). One idea stuck with me though, when I read about organ donation in one book:
A guy, born with a weak heart muscle and no magical power, doctors had not much hope for him living too long. However, around his 12th birthday he finally receives a donor heart, from a white council wizard (though nobody knows it at the time). From that point on his recovery is miraculous, thanks to all the perks his heart brought with it (Wizards Constitution and the rest of the wizard kit).
To be honest, I don't have much more beyond that point about the character yet, but I really liked the idea of someone getting his powers from a donor organ, and I thought the heart was most fitting.
“Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Offline Kodiakc

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2010, 08:48:13 PM »
  There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive.  ;D
"My Faith Protects Me, My Kevlar, Helps"

Offline Becq

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2010, 10:17:32 PM »
I'm just getting started with my character whose high concept is "White Council's Greatest Smallest Wizard".  He's a midget spellflinger, with "Judge me by my size, do you?" as his Trouble...

Offline sinker

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2010, 06:41:40 AM »
I really liked the Taoist true immortal (think champion of god, except the universe instead of god) I came up with mostly cause the concept involved the jade court. Of course there was also the blind daughter of a three-eye junkie who was traded to the winter court and isolated so that Maeve was her "only friend".

Offline Dumbledresden

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2010, 09:00:22 AM »
  There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive.  ;D

Exactly!  ;D
"Mad? He's a genius! Best wizard in the world! But he is a bit mad, yes."

Offline ralexs1991

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2010, 05:05:43 PM »

haha touche
Oh, hi, Mr. Warden!  How are you this fine day?  My, what a shiny sword you have there...

Offline Blackblade

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2010, 01:41:48 AM »
I'm working on a White Court Grifter character who feeds on Greed.

Offline ralexs1991

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2010, 02:12:38 AM »
the past couple days i've been thinking about a wamp that feeds off of anger/ rage