Author Topic: Winter Knight/ Necromancer char.  (Read 1234 times)

Offline ralexs1991

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Winter Knight/ Necromancer char.
« on: October 20, 2010, 03:49:01 AM »
One of the players in my game wanted me to help him make a char. for him so far here's what we came up with

High Concept: Winter Knight Necromancer
Trouble: magic can't cure everything

basically this guy lost his family and took up necromancy to try and bring them back to life this didn't turn out so well (almost like the second brother from harry potter and the deathly hallows where he tried to bring his wife back to life but ended up offing himself) he tries to bring them back they come back as mockeries of their former selves driving him to alcoholism and then to top it off the white council gets wind off what he's been doing and tries to go french revolution on him so he runs away to the winter court and becomes the winter knight in return for sanctuary from the WCoW
Oh, hi, Mr. Warden!  How are you this fine day?  My, what a shiny sword you have there...

Offline MijRai

• Posty McPostington
  • "For my next trick, anvils."
    • View Profile
Re: Winter Knight/ Necromancer char.
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 04:08:25 AM »
well, minimum Refresh costs for it would be:
-1 Marked By Power (Winter Court)
-3 Thaumaturgy
-3 Unseelie Magic

Have High Conviction, Lore, and Discipline skills, athletics and weapons/guns beneath, etc.

Now, he couldn't get Kemmlerian Necromancy without Evocation, which would cost 4 more Refresh total (-3 Evo, -2 Kemm, +1 Evo Rebate on Unseelie), but he probably isn't bringing up the dead on the fly.

I was thinking about a necromancer earlier, and I have a good Aspect for it. "Honey, I Brought Back the Kids!"
Don't make me drop a turkey on you...

DV MijRai v1.2 YR 1 FR 1 BK+++ JB+ TH++ !WG CL SW BC+ RP++++ MC+++ SHMolly++;Murphy+

Offline ralexs1991

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 04:23:37 AM »
omg i love that aspect  :D
Oh, hi, Mr. Warden!  How are you this fine day?  My, what a shiny sword you have there...

Offline sinker

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 04:30:33 AM »
Of note the thaumaturgy isn't necessary, it just makes more sense thematically.

Offline MijRai

• Posty McPostington
  • "For my next trick, anvils."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 05:14:14 AM »
Thaumaturgy or Ritual is necessary. They both cost the same however (-2 Ritual, or -3+1 Thaumaturgy with the Sponsored Bonus from your own magic), and Unseelie gives you access to other types of Thaumaturgy, so I went with the whole shebang.

And yes, that Aspect is awesome. :D
Don't make me drop a turkey on you...

DV MijRai v1.2 YR 1 FR 1 BK+++ JB+ TH++ !WG CL SW BC+ RP++++ MC+++ SHMolly++;Murphy+