Author Topic: Generic NPCs  (Read 139808 times)

Offline KnightOrbis

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Generic NPCs
« Reply #645 on: April 27, 2012, 02:42:53 AM »
Yeah they work, I'm doing a games offhand now and I wanna make a Denarian partnered with his Fallen but opposed to Nicodemus' way of doing things. How do you think Magog from Small Favour would stat? And what ability did you use for Truads spear conjuring in Enduring The Apocalypse, Breath Weapon?

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: April 28, 2012, 06:48:01 AM »
You can find a good attempt at stats for Magog here

Breath Weapon was used for Truad's spears, though Natural Weaponry would have been much better.

Making a Denarian who's a partner with his human is more work than this, I should note. You need to make a skill list and stunts/powers for the human too.

If you need help statting up your own Denarian, I'd be glad to help.

And I've been meaning to write up more Denarians for EtA, if you want I can send them to you when I do.

Offline KnightOrbis

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: April 29, 2012, 09:00:16 PM »
yeah if you finish them I'f like to see them thanks.

Offline KnightOrbis

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: May 16, 2012, 04:53:34 AM »
Hey Sancta could you stat up a master martial artist, like one who has mastered his body and mind and achieved complete control and with his/her body could physically beat even supernaturally strong/fast threats. (Maybe he him/her self would have achieved a higher level of physical condition, like Inhuman Strength or Speed.) Whatever you think best. Reason I ask is cause am playing DFRPG in person with a few friends and I want to make a kind of enlightened/perfected vigilante.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: May 16, 2012, 05:36:37 AM »
There are a few ways to go about that. Stunts work, as do physical powers, as does Modular Abilities.

I've got a couple of stunt-based ones here:

http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,24725.msg1065726.html#msg1065726
http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,27081.msg1155675.html#msg1155675

but if those don't work for you I can try something else. I'm leaning towards Submerged level, with a bunch of physical powers and a few stunts.

Offline KnightOrbis

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: May 16, 2012, 11:50:05 PM »
Yeah submerged seemed the best possible route for me.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: May 17, 2012, 07:35:17 PM »
How does this look?

Shi Wu Li (Submerged)

High Concept: Supernatural Shaolin Monk
Trouble Aspect: Stranger In A Strange Land
Other Aspects: Almost Enlightened, No Speak English, Frequently Forced To Resort To Violence
Skills:
Superb: Fists
Great: Might, Discipline
Good: Endurance, Alertness, Conviction
Fair: Athletics, Lore, Survival, Intimidation
Average: Presence, Scholarship, Investigation, Rapport, Empathy
Stunts:
Catch Bullets (Fists): Use Fists to defend against everything.
Martial Artist (Fists): Use Fists +1 for maneuvers and declarations related to combat.
Martial Scholar (Fists): +2 to Fists defence against anyone whose combat style has been successfully Assessed.
Powers:
Wizard's Constitution [-0]
Potent Natural Weaponry [-2] (Weapon 4 hands and feet.)
Inhuman Strength [-2]
Inhuman Toughness [-2]
The Catch (unknown) [+0]
Total Refresh Cost:
Refresh Total:

Basic character concept of this guy is that he's a superhuman martial artist who was meditating and seeking enlightenment in some remote monastery when by whatever convoluted chain of events he ended up in America. Now he's trying to do good in a place where he doesn't really belong, where everyone assumes he's dumb because he can't talk. He ends up beating bad guys up a lot, which he regrets.

I doubt you want to use this guy without making some modifications of your own, so here are my suggestions for mechanical changes:

-The Natural Weaponry could be dialed down to weapon 2.
-Another stunt of some kind could be added. Maybe a meditation-based one.
-He could get a Catch, maybe related to inner peace or weaponry or the lack thereof. Toughness could be pushed up to Supernatural as a result, or Recovery could be added.
-The Superhuman Acrobatics custom power could be added.
-You could go for a less tanky, faster build. This would probably involve raising Athletics, removing the defence stunts, and getting Inhuman Speed.

Offline KnightOrbis

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: May 17, 2012, 11:17:24 PM »
Sweet thank you just what I was looking for. I've been playing Diablo 3 lately as monk and wanted to play something like that in DFRPG.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: May 18, 2012, 04:17:54 AM »
You're very welcome.

Offline KnightOrbis

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: May 18, 2012, 03:05:35 PM »
I'm probably gonna add a catch and add Inhuman Speed or maybe upgrade something else.

Offline KnightOrbis

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: June 13, 2012, 03:55:07 AM »
I was wondering if anyone has done done a write-up of a Tyrannosaurus Rex. Funnily enough I'm probably gonna need one for a game my play-group is doing, I don't GM but my shapeshifter finally has enough extra refresh to revamp his powerset and i'll finally have my chance to become a T-rex.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: June 13, 2012, 06:43:19 AM »
I don't think there are any T-Rex stats out there. I do have a T-Rex-a-thrope, though.

If you just want a list of Powers for your shapeshifter, I recommend:

Hulking Size, Claws, Supernatural Strength, Supernatural Toughness, a Catch of sufficiently large weaponry or weak spots.

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #657 on: June 13, 2012, 03:36:43 PM »
I was wondering if anyone has done done a write-up of a Tyrannosaurus Rex. Funnily enough I'm probably gonna need one for a game my play-group is doing, I don't GM but my shapeshifter finally has enough extra refresh to revamp his powerset and i'll finally have my chance to become a T-rex.
Well, the game has a stat block for Sue. Take out the zombie-centric powers, maybe tone down one or two of the Supernatural Powers, and I'd say that's a good start.
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline KnightOrbis

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: June 27, 2012, 07:14:45 PM »
Could you do a Xenomorph (alien) or yautja (predator). These would mainly be for fetches.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: June 28, 2012, 04:41:48 AM »
Honestly, I don't know what either species is capable of. What exactly can an Alien or a Predator do?