Author Topic: Generic NPCs  (Read 139793 times)

Offline Katarn

• Posty McPostington
  • Morgan- Best Warden ever.
    • View Profile
Re: Generic NPCs
« Reply #480 on: May 25, 2011, 01:17:18 PM »
Ok thanks I'll update them.  I'll try to get Heimdall and maybe the Warriors Three up today as well.

Offline Silverblaze

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: May 26, 2011, 12:47:44 AM »
Volstagg "The Enormous" is what you were looking for, I think.

Offline Katarn

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: May 28, 2011, 12:37:07 AM »
*Balder (the Brave) Odinson, Asgardian of Light and former Monarch  [X]
*Sif, Female Warrior  [X]
*Heimdall, Guardian of the Rainbow Bridge  [X]
Warriors Three
*Fandral (the Dashing)  [  ]
*Hogun (the Grim)  [  ]
*Volstagg (the Enormous)  [  ]

Heimdall
High Concept: Sentry of Asgard
Trouble: Duty above Family or Love
Other Aspects: Trusted Confidant of Odin, Sister Sif, Former pawn of Loki, Seeker of Lost Asgardians, Power with Restraint
Skills:
Legendary: Alertness
Epic: Discipline, Conviction
Fantastic: Might, Weapons
Superb: Athletics, Fists
Great: Resources, Presence
Good:  All other skills default to Good or higher.
Stunts:
Powers:
[+0]Wizard's Constitution- Heimdall ages very slowly, as most of the Asgardians do.
[-4]Supernatural Strength- Heimdall can lift 50 tons (191x his weight)
[-2]Inhuman Speed- Heimdall is quicker than any mortal athlete.
[-2]Channeling (Pyromancy)- Heimdall can conjure powerful blue fire, capable of downing Thor.
[-4]Refinement
[+1]The Catch- Sonic booms disable him, and his weak points are his eyes, that slowly heal (if at all).
[-3]Extreme Senses- Heimdall can detect beings hundreds of miles away.  He can focus these senses intensely and block out other information.
[-4]Supernatural Recovery- Heimdall heals from wounds quickly
[-6]Mythic Toughness- Heimdall can take all kinds of punishment and not go down.
Equipment: his steed Gulltopp, Gjallerhorn, Hofund.
Refresh Cost: -24
Total Refresh: 4

Open to suggestions.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 12:46:32 AM by Katarn »

Offline Richard_Chilton

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: May 28, 2011, 12:48:26 AM »
Just a quick note:

When I think generic NPC I think beat cop, dog catcher, mall rat, the foster parent of a group home, and maybe, just maybe, the cult leader who disguises himself as the foster parent of the group home while he teaches the children to summon That Which Must Not Be (aka the Pink Fluffy Bunny from Beyond the Outer Gates).

In short, generic NPCs that can be used in any game.  I generally don't think superheroes because, well, superheroes aren't generic.  They belong in superhero worlds, not generic worlds.

Which is a long way of saying that maybe this thread should split.  That there should be a generic NPC thread (with the mail man, telemarketer, and random cultist) and a second thread for superheroes... Or maybe a thread that encompasses all the fictional heroes from outside the DV.

Just a suggestion

Richard

Offline Katarn

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: May 28, 2011, 01:00:27 AM »

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: May 28, 2011, 01:07:29 AM »
I dunno about this. We have too many character threads as it is.

I'm not exactly happy with how much this thread has drifted from my original intent, but I've learned to deal with it.

I considered changing the title, but I've gotten so used to this one.

Ideally, we'd dissolve all the character threads and start new ones with better-drawn dividing lines. But that'd be so much work...

Offline Richard_Chilton

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: May 28, 2011, 02:37:30 AM »
Shrug.

I'm most of the way through recreating another fictional character - Mack Bolan.  I'm just a bit hung up on the skills.  Alas, the system doesn't seem to allow for someone to have every skill at legendary so that's a bit of a stumbling block.  No, seriously, he needs skills at legendary.  At least Raport (seduction) because he gets more tail than Hugh Hefner can dream of - which is more than most Korean War vets can claim.

Here's what I have so far:
Name: Mack Bolan
Template: Pure Mortal (or Scion of the god of Ass Kicking - actually him having Wizard Constitution Almost Makes Sense)
High Concept Aspect: The Sniper Who Was Called The Executioner and Sargent Mercy at the Same Time
Trouble Aspect: I Have a Past (tag a random killer shows ups - then dies)
Background:
Mack Bolan was born of regular folk; his family were salt of the earth types.  Dad worked construction, mom stayed home and raised the family, Mack joined the army at 18.   He served a tour in Korea, so when Vietnam rolled around Mack knew what to expect.  He served two tours of duty in Nam, where he was nicked named both The Executioner (for his sniping skills) and Sargent Mercy (because he rescued countless kids).
Background Aspect: I Know What I'm Getting Into

Rising Conflict:
Mack Bolan was about 30 when he was pulled of the line and given some grim news.  His parents, Sam and Elsa Bolan, were dead, as was his kid sister Cynthia (aka Cindy).  His baby brother, Johnny, was critically wounded.  Mack was given hardship leave to go back to the states to deal with what was left of his family.  He was only weeks (well, maybe months) from needing to re-up, so if he didn't want to return to Vietnam he could easily take a discharge.
When he arrived home he had a private conversation with little Johnny (who was 14) and discovered what happened.  It seemed that Sam Bolan had had a heart attack.  He had recovered, but he couldn't work construction for a few months and had needed a loan.  With other loan companies turning him down, Sam had gone to the Triangle Loan Company, not knowing that it was a MAFIA front.  He had paid on the loan, once he was healthy, but Sam was always falling behind (note: he paid back two or three times what he borrowed).  After a couple of toughs leaned on him and his family feared that he might have another heart attack, Cindy Bolan (then 17) went to the loan company and begged them to let up on her dad.   They pointed out that someone had to pay the loan and pointed her to Leo ("The Pussy") Turrin who introduced her to a life of prostitution - the money she earned on her back going to pay down her father's debt.  Johnny (suspecting that something was wrong with Cindy) followed her on a "date" and discovered that his big sister was turning tricks in a "rent by the hour" motel.
Johnny went home and told his father that Cindy was turning tricks.  Sam hauled off and punched Johnny, giving him a bloody lip.  Then Cindy ran in and said that it didn't matter, that she would do anything to help her Daddy.  Then Elsa Bolan came in and, seeing her son with a bloody lip, went to him.  The two women were fussing over Johnny, trying to tell him that it would be all right, when Sam Bolan snapped.  He went from Family Man to Family Destroyer.  He walked out of the room and when he came back he had his gun.  He shot his daughter so that Cindy wouldn't have to whore to pay his debts, then he shot his wife Elsa so she would never know that their daughter had sold her cherry (and then some) to pay his debts, then shot Johnny so he wouldn't have to live without a mother.  After apologising to Johnny ("I shouldn't have busted your lip") Sam Bolan left the room and shot himself - never suspecting that his son was merely critically injured (the bullet had to pass through one of the other bodies to get to him).
Johnny didn't tell the cops (because it might make his sister look bad) but told his Big Brother.
(Hey, wait a minute - there's 13 years between Mack and Cindy? That doesn't make sense.  Oh well, I'm sure the rest of the story will.)
Once Mack Bolan heard this story he knew what aspect he would take from this phrase:
Aspect Phrase: "I Will Kill Them All"

The Story: The Rise Of the Execution
Mack broke into a lightly guarded armoury and a gun shop.  The gun shop owner hesitated to report the break in - enough money had been left to more than cover the cost of the missing guns.  As he told police, he considered this an unauthorised midnight sale and didn't want to press charges.  (Hey, this was the sixties, before gun laws as we know them.)  Mack sighted in a sniper scope on a bolt action rifle, practising three shots at a certain distance, then (and this is an amazing co-incidence) the three main officers of the loan company were gunned down by a sniper firing at just that distance.   Wait, um, look at the aspect phase above.  Yeah, I don't think it was a co-incidence.  Anyway, the killer (call him Mack) stole a bunch of money from the loan company and torched their records (and they didn't have any backups-honest!) so the loan sharks were out of business.
Then Mack Bolan offered his services to the MAFIA, working for Leo ("The Pussy") Turrin (hey, didn't he know Mack's sister?) as he wormed his way into the Family's confidence (because one of the major MAFIA families in the US - the Frenchi family - was based out of Pittsfield).  Leo, by the way, had the first computerised prostitution service in the world.   Truly the man was a forward thinking one.
But back to Mack.  He worked for the MAFIA for a while, then a corrupt cop mentioned that Mack Bolan was looking good for the Triangle Loan Company killings and the MAFIA went 'hard'.  As usual (hey, the MAFIA has a SOP manual - yes they do!) they gathered all the made men in one location so they could plot Mack Bolan's destruction.  Leo thought he saw movement in the hills and took a horse out (of course all MAFIA HQs have stables) to check it out.  While he was gone, Mack introduced the MAFIA to the items he had stolen from that armoury - mortars, rocket launchers, a BAR - all good stuff.  Leo rode up to Mack just as Mack was using his sniper rifle on the stragglers and - before Mack could kill him - revealed Leo's Big Secret.  Leo was a federal agent working to subvert the MAFIA from the inside.  Now for an aspect... Um, Kill Them All was already taken, so...
Phase Aspect: The Federal Government is My Bitch

Guest Star:
Mack went to LA where he put together a Death Squad made up of ten Messed Up Nam Vets.  After all but a couple of his best friends in the whole world fell fighting the MAFIA Mack got another old friend to give him a face job.  Because that doctor (a former army surgeon who was now into plastic surgery) gave Mack a new face, some MAFIA soldiers spent 18 hours torturing him to death.  He cracked after the first few minutes, but they wanted to make an example of out him.  From this series of adventures, Mack picked up the aspect of "I Don't Look Like Me, I Look Like Him" which can be tagged for an epic success whenever he wants to infiltrate somewhere (pretending to be a Black Ace or a Talifero or a Terrorist or a Senator or anyone he wants to be).  As for his last aspect, that seems to have been changed by Milestones.  Initially it was "I Single Handily Destroyed The MAFIA, Killing the Boss of Bosses and Most of the Made Guys" and shifted to "I've Destroyed Countless Terrorists Groups", before ending up as "I Am The Executioner and Everyone Else Has to Die!!!!!!" (which is tagable in every possible situation).

----
As I said, I'm now stuck at the skills.  That pyramid means that they all can't be a legendary...

Oh, and if he ever entered the DV.... After sleeping with Murphy and Molly (maybe at the same time) and possibly seducing Charity (but only if they can bone without Mack noticing that she's married - doesn't chase married women, they chase him), Mack would get Harry to stop chasing monsters and set him after the USA's Enemies.  Then he would blow away the Red King, the White King, the Black King, the Jade King, and the Merlin (just to be safe) after that Mack would head after a new target...

Richard

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: May 28, 2011, 03:29:20 AM »
Well, I just googled that guy. Sounds pretty Marty-Stuish, both from your take and from Wikipedia.

But that doesn't mean he has to be impossible to stat. High skills across the board, a bunch of stunts, and a pile of FP can make a Pure Mortal next to unstoppable* in this game. I'd expect Guns and Contacts to be areas of focus. High Rapport, Stealth, Burglary, Deceit, and Presence would also be good. Plus, you need to cover the basic combat suite (Alertness, Fists, Weapons, Athletics, Endurance).

So yeah. That's a lot of skills, but I think that if you keep in mind that Good + a stunt is pro level you can manage it.

*For a given value of unstoppable.

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: May 31, 2011, 10:45:48 AM »
Has anyone done a xenomorph from the Aliens franchise yet?
Myself: If I were in her(Murphy's) position, I would have studied my ass off on the supernatural and rigged up special weapons to deal with them.  Murphy on the other hand just plans to overpower bad guys with the angst of her short woman's syndrome and blame all resulting failures on Harry.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: June 02, 2011, 01:48:34 AM »
I don't think so.

I'm willing to take a shot at it, but I've only seen one of the movies and it was a while ago. So I'd need a refresher on their capabilities.

PS: I think I have a pretty good Cthulhu build more or less worked out. I'll put it up soon. Probably on Katarn's new(ish) thread, because it's hard to get less generic than Cthulhu.

Offline Taer

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: July 06, 2011, 04:18:51 PM »
Edit note: Changed to be more focused and more scary based on Belial666's comments. Given that I emphasized their spawning capabilities, I think it might now be obvious as to why each one of those guys would be a fair match for a nation. They're still not quite as optimized as they might be, as I tried to retain some vampire flavor in each one of them. They're still a bit of a WIP, so expect some more edits to them(and there might be some minor mistakes, I'll correct those later).

Black Court Ancients. This is mostly based on Jim's comments that old Black Court vampires were /terrifying/, to the point where a relatively small union of them is a fair match for /Mab/ or other characters of true heavyweight status. Thus, the following stats are to the tune of 50-60ish Refresh. They're meant to represent the millenia-old monsters, capable of standing up to demon lords and such.

High Concept: Ancient Black Court Vampire
Aspects: Cruelty Beyond Imagination, Older Than Most Countries, Ruthless Pragmatism, All Others Are Mere Cattle, Drawing Attention To Oneself Is Pure Stupidity
Skills:
Epic: Athletics, Fists
Fantastic: Intimidation, Stealth, Lore
Superb: Alertness, Endurance, Conviction, Might
Great: Discipline, Presence, Resources, Contacts
Most other skills default to Good or Fair.

Base Powers:
Claws [–1]
Echoes of the Beast [–1]
Living Dead [–1]
Mythic Toughness [–6]
The Catch [+1 to +3] is Bram Stoker style weaknesses. However, the truly ancient Black Court Elders tend to become less susceptible to the traditional weaknesses of their kind and usually have a less susceptible Catch. The specific way in which a given Black Court Ancient is less affected by the usual Catches of their kind is best determined by the GM based on the needs of their story.
Blood Drinker [–1]
Feeding Dependency [+1] affecting the following powers:
Beast Change [–1]
Cloak of Shadows [–1]
Mythic Strength [–6]
Supernatural Speed [–4]
Domination (Master Dominator, Possession) [–7]
Gaseous Form [–3]
Base Template Refresh: 29(Assuming +2 Catch)

Spawning other vampires does not have a defined power. However, it deserves a note. In the usual case, a Master Black Court vampire can spawn rank-and-file vampires who then may spawn feral vampires incapable of creating their own spawn. The might of true Elders is far vaster. It takes many generations before their 'descendants' are feral and unable to spawn their own children. Thus, if an Elder wishes to attract attention and create an army(which is very unlikely, but it can happen) he could have thousands of new vampires under his command in a very short period of time.

Thus, remember that an ancient BCV is never without his servants. A typical scourge of of an ancient will have(besides himself, of course) up to a dozen "master" BCV and however many rank-and-file BCVs and Renfields as they're comfortable with having around. Despite their tremendous power, most BCVs are uncomfortable with confrontation. In most cases, they'll use their mundane resources to see if they can get rid of whoever is their enemy. If that doesn't work out, they'll send one or two master BCVs along with several Renfields and rank-and-file to fight their enemies(alternatively, they will choose another proxy to fight in their stead - such as summoned demons or other entities for the Spellcaster flavour of BCVs). If the enemies prove too formidable, they'll simply withdraw from the field. If directly confronted, most of them will simply choose to escape. Only truly spectacular circumstances will force an ancient BCV to fight to the death.

Black Court Vampires develop in a lot of different ways. The above template can be considered a complete package for most elder Black Court Vampires. For a true ancient, one that has seen thousands of years, add one of the following templates to the above:
Shapeshifter:
Delete Claws, Beast Change, Mythic Toughness, Mythic Strength, Supernatural Speed and Gaseous Form from the above and add the following. I'm unsure on the pricing of Flowing Form and Semi-Intellectus. If you think they deserve a higher Refresh cost, just decrease his number of Modular Abilities.
Powers:
True Shapeshifting [-4]
Flowing Form[-2]: Improves True Shapeshifting, so that the vampire can shift into any form possible as a free action.
Semi-Intellectus[-4]: The vampire does not become an Intellectus, but he comes close. True Shapeshifting now allows for re-allocating social and mental skills when changing shape. In the case of skills such as Resources or Contacts, this is usually simply the vampire gaining the knowledge of what shape he has to take in order to access such resources and how to behave(ie. by shapeshifting into a millionaire and using his bank accounts or changing shape into a money launderer to get Contacts within a mafia).
There are limits to this kind of shapeshifting. The skills the vampire gains usually only represent generic knowledge. For example, he might be able to shapeshift into a millionaire and gain his Resources score - but he would be unable to shift into a member of a security company to gain knowledge of their passwords. In other words, this is a rationalization for his access to particular Skills, not nigh-omniscience.
He may also spend his Modular Abilities on Stunts and non-physical powers as well, so long as those abilities are more instinctive rather than learned. That is, he could assume Psychometry or Incite Emotion but he would be unable to use Evocation or Thaumaturgy and and he would certainly be unable to gain any kind of Sponsored Magic.
Modular Abilities [-40]: Gives 38 Refresh to distribute among appropriate abilities. As a clarification, the vampire is capable of assuming Social and Mental equivalents of Toughness powers and a great number of other exotic abilities thanks to Semi-Intellectus.
Catch[+1 to +3]: No matter what kind of Toughness abilities the vampire gets, he always retains his usual Catch.
Stress:
Mental: OOOO to OOOO (OOOOOO)*, 1+ extra minor*
Physical: OOOO to OOOO (OOOOOO)*, 1+ extra minor*
Social: OOOO to OOOO (OOOOOO)*, 1+ extra minor*
Shapeshifter BCV Refresh: -58
*Depends on currently adapted form. In most cases, assume Mythic Toughness or outright Immunity to currently attacked track, 2 extra minor from skill and 1-2 extra minor from a stunt.

With enough Modular Abilities and points that they might run out of non-custom powers before they fill them all, at least +7(or +8 if their cap is Legendary) to every single Skill(but probably 8-9 due to stunts or more if supernatural powers are involved) check due to free action shapeshifting and insane flexibility, shapeshifter vampires are very tough. They can easily become the next best thing to invulnerable(in all their stress tracks) and have access to an astonishing number of potential powers and stunts.

Do they want cash? They can shapeshift, gain Resources 7, a stunt that grants them a +1 or +2 to that. Do they want an army at their side? Contacts 7, +1 or +2 from a stunt. Research an enemy? Once again, Lore or Scholarship at 8-9. Combat? At any time in defense, they're probably going to have the stress track you're attacking immune or otherwise toughened up, their defensive skill somewhere in the 10 range plus an array of extra consequences. On the offensive, they'll have Weapon: 8 attacks, quite probably with(again) 8-9 in the skill and Mythic Strength or something along those lines.

They are not as focused as the rest, but their sheer flexibility alone is absolutely staggering. There's very little they can't do.

Spellcaster:
Swap Discipline with Intimidation and Conviction with Stealth. Delete Domination and Cloak of Shadows. Mythic Strength becomes Supernatural Strength.
Add the following:
Stunts:
Focused Power: Adds 2 minor mental consequences that may absorb spellcasting stress.
Powers:
Evocation[-3]
Thaumaturgy[-3]
The Sight[-1]: Does not possess Soulgaze, as there is no soul to be gazed.
Black Court Magic[-3]: Black Court Vampires this invested in spellcasting eventually learn to tap into the nature of their own curse to fuel their spells. This relentless supply of dark energy effectively acts as a source of Sponsored Magic, allowing for the vampire to use all Thaumaturgy at the speed of Evocation. It also adds +1 to control or complexity of all malevolent magic.
Well of Power[-4]: The vampire may spend up to 4 points of sponsor debt per scene without actually accumulating debt.
Refinement[-27]:
Evocation(Air Control +2 Power +1, Earth, Fire, Spirit Control +6 Power +5, Water Control +4 Power +3)
Thaumaturgy(Divination Control +1, Entropomancy Control +3, Necromancy Control +2, Psychomancy Control +6 Complexity +5, Summoning and Binding Control +4)
Foci: Rune-incribed Chainmail(Offensive/Defensive Spirit Control +3) Staff(Offensive/Defensive Spirit Power +3)
Stress:
Mental: OOOO, 1 extra minor, 2 extra minor for spellcasting only
Physical: OOOO (OOOOOO), 1 extra minor, Armor: 3 from an exquisitely crafted chainmail against a wide variety of attacks
Social: OOOO
Spellcaster BCV Refresh: -61

The revised version is even more impressive, capable of 15-shift offensive Evocations with 14 Power. This makes them very nearly capable of one-shotting people even if they have Mythic Toughness and Speed. Given that their focus is Spirit, they can also go for the mental stress track, which makes them most likely capable of one-shotting a couple of zones. Control 15/Power 14 defensive Evocations, Epic Athletics and Mythic Toughness and Supernatural Speed for passive defenses. Capable of tapping into their Sponsored Magic freely 4 times per scene and with 2 additional mental consequences - they have a vast endurance for fights. Insane flexibility with a Soulfire-alike.

In the regular Thaumaturgy department, they're capable of creating up to 20-shift complexity spells with no real loss of resources(up to 25 for Psychomancy). Due to their awesome Psychomancy powers, if they really want to, they can easily mind control several humans into acting as their sacrifices, thus catapulting their possible rituals into city-flattening department. While they lack the ability to create Renfields, they can still very easily turn people into vampires(like other Ancients, this can get into thousands within a short period of time), who will also have their own consequence slots to contribute. With a Fantastic Discipline, they'll never fail a Thaumaturgy control roll unless they're in a hurry.

Mindbender:
The Mind-bender variant of Black Court deals in and improves their psychic attacks into attacks of such brutality that they can crush and rewrite personalities within moments.
Swap Discipline with Stealth and Might with Deceit.
Greater Glamour[-4]: This is not the Fae ability. However, Elder Black Court vampires are able to create illusions in the minds of others as easily as the Sidhe.
Domination(At Range, Communication, Fields of Dead Eyes, Master Dominator, Minds Are My Playthings, Quick Domination, Quick Renfield, Psychic Assault, Possession) [-23]:
At Range[-1]: As per the similar Incite Emotion Upgrade. Requires Quick Renfield and Quick Domination.
Communication[-1]: The vampire may telepathically communicate with and issue commands to anyone he has under his sway.
Fields of Dead Eyes[-3]: The vampire mind-bender can attack up to Conviction zones simultaneously with his Domination ability.
Minds Are My Playthings[-2]: The vampire is initiated into the more subtle and less destructive methods of swaying minds. He may use this ability as a maneuver(at a +2 to the roll), creating temporary Aspects reflecting his control over the victim's mind. There is a more dreaded side to this ability, however. If the vampire deals Consequences to his target, it is he who defines their nature, not his victim. His "Renfields" can still be the horribly maimed individuals, but he has another option now - of putting others under his sway completely, while still making them functional people, rather than raging madmen. In other words, such individuals get all the benefits of being a Renfield with none of the apparent side effects(they are still under the vampire's complete control, naturally).
Psychic Assault[-2]: Upgrades Master Dominator. Attacks are now treated as Weapon:4.
Quick Domination[-2]: The mind-bender does not require a helpless victim to use his Domination ability. He may use Domination if he's able to touch his target.
Quick Renfield[-5]: The mind-bender's Create Renfield ability works in an instant. As soon as the target is Taken Out, he can become a Renfield.
Stress:
Mental: OOOO, 1 extra minor
Physical: OOOO (OOOOOO), 1 extra minor
Mind-bender BCV Refresh: -56

Not as offensively powerful as the spellcaster vampire, the mindbender still packs a punch. Capable of reprogramming a couple of zones at once into his willing super-powered slaves automatically, the mind-bender is a scary individual who can convert a city into his willing slaves in a few days. His Renfields do not lose their creativity, will or imagination either - nor they do not die automatically after a year or two. Think regular Renfields are bad? What do you think happens when a vampire has Renfields of every supernatural template imaginable?

Not as flexible or outright powerful as the others, but the mind-bender is the one template of BCVs I've statted here that is almost guaranteed to survive the usual torches-and-pitchforks approach.

Quintessential Vampire:
This type of vampire does not focus on any one part of his vampirism or learn outside tricks - rather, he just becomes stronger and stronger over time, delving deeper into the curse of vampirism.

Refresh costs below represent the difference between the base template and upgrades, rather than being an absolute cost(ie. Mythic Speed is marked as -2, as the base template already has Supernatural Speed).
Add the following:
Demonic Co-Pilot[-1]
Demon Self[-2]: The Black Court Vampire has reached such attunement to the curse that it assists him in all of his efforts. This upgrades Demonic Co-Pilot - it adds to /all/ rolls and has no negative qualities. It is only available to negative Refresh characters who are entirely in tune with their selfish desires.
Entropic Claws[-1]: The Claws of such a vampire are imbued with the entropic qualities of the curse. They count as Weapon: 4. Requires Claws.
Curse Transmittance[-4]: The Claws of a Black Court Vampire transmit the entropic nature of the curse. This power effectively functions like Venomous Claws, except the Aspect is ‘Cursed With Death’.
However, there’s a scarier part. If a target is Taken Out from the damage of the curse, they rise an Exchange later as a Black Court Vampire, fully under the control of the Elder. Requires Entropic Claws.
Physical Immunity[-2]
Physical Immunity Catch[Same as base Template]: Usual ancient BCV weaknesses. Quintessential vampires are even more likely than other BCV elders to have vastly tougher to satisfy Catches.
Entropic Shield[-12]: No mental, social or physical attack may deal more than 1 point of stress to the vampire. Note that this reduction is applied after all other reductions - ie. if he was wearing Armor:3 a 7-shift physical attack would at first be reduced by his armor to a 4-shift attack and afterwards would be reduced to 1-shift(instead of the other way around). This ability has no Catch.
Weather Control[-3] Vampires of this degree learn to affect the weather with the power of their curse alone. This effectively means that the vampire is capable of using maneuvers to place weather-related Aspects. This is a Conviction roll, affecting up to Conviction zones automatically. Conditions range from fog(difficulty 2-3) to strong winds and rains(4-5) to hurricanes(difficulty 7-8).*
Following powers are affected by Feeding Dependancy:
Greater Cloak of Shadows[-1]: Upgrades the Stealth bonus by an additional +2. Requires Cloak of Shadows.
Mythic Speed[-2]
Human Guise[-0]: Unlike all other types of Black Court Vampires, the quintessential vampire delved into his nature deeply enough to master it. They no longer appear as rotting corpses but are instead able to pass for human.

*Note that, outside of combat time, a quintessential vampire should be able to conjure hurricanes and storms that can cover entire cities. As a general guideline assume that covering a city with a particular brand of weather increases the difficulty(or the time spent using the ability, as per time increment table; though gathering this much power over long periods of time is very noticeable) somewhere between 10 and 14 shifts.
Stress:
Mental: OOOO, 1 extra minor
Physical: OOOO (OOOOOO), 1 extra minor, Physical Immunity
Quintessential Vampire Refresh: 57

Say hello to Weapon: 10 venomous attacks that turn your allies into his allies upon their death, combined with Physical Immunity(and a custom toughness power that protects all of his tracks) and a full array of physical and funky vampire powers, we have one nasty son of a bitch here. The Quintessential Vampire is the King of creating entire armies of BCV servants. By my rough estimates(very conservative), if a vampire like this goes full-out with converting, he could have an army of a hundred thousand in a week. His weather control powers are capable of wiping off cities of the map if he really wants to.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 04:23:21 PM by Taer »
v1.2 YR:3 BK++ RP++ JB TH++ WG CL++ BC++ MC--- SH[Mab+++++ Lara++ Molly++ Murphy++]

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: July 08, 2011, 05:25:48 AM »
Hm.

This deserves more attention then I can reasonably give it here without a derailment. I'd want to discuss the custom powers, the areas of focus, and the power level.

Would you be willing to make a new thread for this?

Offline Taer

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: July 08, 2011, 11:20:43 AM »
Hm.

This deserves more attention then I can reasonably give it here without a derailment. I'd want to discuss the custom powers, the areas of focus, and the power level.

Would you be willing to make a new thread for this?

Sure.

Link.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 04:00:23 PM by Taer »
v1.2 YR:3 BK++ RP++ JB TH++ WG CL++ BC++ MC--- SH[Mab+++++ Lara++ Molly++ Murphy++]

Offline finnmckool

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: July 16, 2011, 04:18:42 PM »
I thought the nationally affiliated street gang member should be slightly different from the conventional organized crime gang member.

Gang Member (Hydrophobe)

High Concept: Random Gang Member
Other Aspects: Tough Guy Act, I Got a Posse Nation Wide
Skills:
Good: Weapons
Fair: Intimidation, Athletics
Average: Endurance, Alertness, Stealth
Stunts:
A Piece Means Peace (Intimidation): +2 to Intimidation while holding a weapon.
Strapped Always (Weapons): +1 to Weapons (Guns) and Knowledge (Guns) checks
I’m In (Contacts): +2 to Contacts on goods or info from his gang
Total Refresh Cost:
0 (Pure Mortal)
Refresh Total:

Oh, and I TOTALLY modded Sanctophax's Street Thug for this guy. I wanted someone slightly more gun toting, and slightly connected, but still rank and file fodder.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: July 16, 2011, 10:17:37 PM »
Nitpick 1: Weapons should be Guns. Stunt should be modified to reflect this.
Nitpick 2: 3 stunts means -1 refresh cost and 1 refresh left.