Author Topic: Generic NPCs  (Read 139798 times)

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Generic NPCs
« Reply #465 on: May 22, 2011, 02:37:27 AM »
Storm Elemental (Feet In The Water)

High Concept: Living Thunderstorm
Other Aspects: Force Of Nature, Nothing Personal
Skills:  
Great: Fists
Good: Endurance, Athletics
Fair: Might, Alertness, Lore
Average: Presence, Intimidation, Conviction, Survival
Powers:
Wings [-1]
Hulking Size [-2]
Vast Extra-Dangerous Aura [-5]
Amorphous Form [-1]
No Internal Anatomy [-1]
Long-Range Potent Natural Weaponry (Lightning Bolts) [-4]
Supernatural Toughness [-4]
Inhuman Recovery [-2]
The Catch (Salt) [+3]
Total Refresh Cost:
Refresh Total:

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: May 22, 2011, 03:00:29 AM »
Ant-Man (Snorkelling)

High Concept: Size-Shifting Superhero Scientist
Other Aspects: Member Of The Avengers, Creator Of Ultron, Self-Esteem Issures, My Wife The Wasp
Skills:
Superb: Fists, Scholarship
Great: Might, Endurance, Weapons
Good: Alertness, Survival, Athletics
Fair: Intimidation, Stealth, Investigation
Average: Presence, Discipline, Rapport
Stunts:
Superscientist (Scholarship): +2 to Scholarship concerning superscience.
Gadgeteer (Scholarship): Use Scholarship to make objects of superscience.
Powers:
Echoes Of The Beast (Ants And Other Insects) [-1]
Item Of Power (Pym Particles) [+1] granting:
Human Form [+1] affecting:
Diminutive Size [-1]
Human Form [+0] affecting:
Hulking Size [-2]
Inhuman Strength [-2]
Inhuman Toughness [-2]
The Catch (heavy weaponry) [+3]
Human Form [+0] affecting:
Titanic Size [-2]
Long Reach [-1]
Supernatural Strength [-2]
Supernatural Toughness [-2]
Total Refresh Cost:
Refresh Total:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 11:48:27 PM by Sanctaphrax »

Offline Silverblaze

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: May 22, 2011, 03:09:36 AM »
alternate on growing:

IoP or potions: Pym Particles!:  grant up to titanic size or diminuitive size.

Is there a way to stat animal control in this system?  Would help for his ant control helm and...well many concpets that involve animal summoning/control.

Offline zaczane

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: May 22, 2011, 01:56:52 PM »
i think you should change his echoes of the beast to bugs in general because he does use ants most of the time but he does you a lot of other bugs to.
hey hey hey I'm not a Bad guy!!!  i just love to watch the world F%#KING burn now is that so wrong?

Offline finnmckool

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: May 22, 2011, 05:58:24 PM »
Storm Elemental (Feet In The Water)

High Concept: Living Thunderstorm
Other Aspects: Force Of Nature, Nothing Personal
Skills:  
Great: Fists
Good: Endurance, Athletics
Fair: Might, Alertness, Lore
Average: Presence, Intimidation, Conviction, Survival
Powers:
Wings [-1]
Hulking Size [-2]
Vast Extra-Dangerous Aura [-5]
Amorphous Form [-1]
No Internal Anatomy [-1]
Long-Range Potent Natural Weaponry (Lightning Bolts) [-4]
Supernatural Toughness [-4]
Inhuman Recovery [-2]
The Catch (Salt) [+3]
Total Refresh Cost:
Refresh Total:

Super bad! One thing...what's vast extra dangerous aura? don't know that one.

Offline finnmckool

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: May 22, 2011, 06:07:10 PM »
The Crow (Eric Draven)

HC: Spirit returned to the land of the living to set wrong things right

Trouble: "Living" on borrowed time

Other aspects: My Crow, My Link to the World and My Power; It Can't Rain All The Time; Quote the Raven, Nevermore; Nothing is Trivial; My Memories of Life Drive Me

Skills:
Superb: Fists, Endurance, Guns
Great: Intimidation, Stealth, Weaponry
Good: Performance, Conviction, Athletics, Alertness
Fair: Empathy, Rapport, Discipline, Presence
Average: Drive, Lore, Burglary, Scholarship

Stunts:
Killer Blow
Fleet of Foot
Footwork
Was That Supposed to Hurt?
Two Weapon Training
Impossible leaps
No Pain, No Gain
Scary as F%^&!

Powers:

Inhuman Speed-2
Inhuman Strength-2
Inhuman Toughness-2
Mythic Recovery-6
The Catch + 3 ( his raven is harmed )
Incite, Very Potent, Lasting, Despair - 4
Psychometry-1
Cloak of Shadows-1
Supernatural Senses -2 Can track those he came back to kill; can see  through his ravens eyes

+? most powers are contingent on bird being healthy, incite emotion only usable against those who The Crow returned to kill

Not sure what power level to set him at

Ddddddddope! One problem...where's the super hard as hell semi-magic? By which I mean, "Mother is name for God on the lips and hearts of children. Heroin is bad for you." There's some sort of medium consequence (the cut scenes implied he expended a lot of power doing that) for that sort of mojo.

Offline Silverblaze

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: May 22, 2011, 06:23:10 PM »
Ddddddddope! One problem...where's the super hard as hell semi-magic? By which I mean, "Mother is name for God on the lips and hearts of children. Heroin is bad for you." There's some sort of medium consequence (the cut scenes implied he expended a lot of power doing that) for that sort of mojo.

Sort of fixed...maybe healing touch would work better.  Not sure how to simulate it properly.

Offline finnmckool

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: May 22, 2011, 06:26:19 PM »
hmmm...maybe a custom power...or something like the swords where status effects, for lack of a better term are erased...

Offline citadel97501

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: May 22, 2011, 10:54:14 PM »
In regards to the Crow,

Perhaps giving him the Incite Emotion power, with "Regret" as the emotion, but make him take mental stress or something when he uses it?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 12:47:50 AM by citadel97501 »

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: May 22, 2011, 11:47:26 PM »
Vast Extra-Dangerous Aura can be found in the custom power thread or the custom power master list. It makes a Great attack against the Endurance of everyone within 3 zones every action.

Ant-Man has been revised, mostly because I just remembered that I wanted to give him Long Reach.

Animal control can be simulated using Echoes Of The Beast and social skills.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 11:49:09 PM by Sanctaphrax »

Offline Katarn

• Posty McPostington
  • Morgan- Best Warden ever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: May 24, 2011, 04:18:51 AM »
I happen to be on a Thor kick after seeing the new movie (twice).  I know there's been some debate on how to build Thor, so for now I'm going to avoid him, Loki, and Odin, and work on the following (based on MARVEL's interpretation, not Norse mythology directly):

*Balder (the Brave) Odinson, Asgardian of Light and former Monarch  [X]
*Sif, Female Warrior  [X]
*Heimdall, Guardian of the Rainbow Bridge  [  ]
Warriors Three
*Fandral (the Dashing)  [  ]
*Hogun (the Grim)  [  ]
*Volstagg  [  ]

Balder (the Brave) Odinson
High Concept: Asgardian God of Light and Prophecy
Trouble:  Key to Ragnarok
Other Aspects: (Former) Monarch of Asgard, Widower, Swordsman Warrior, Staunch Ally of Thor, Love-Hate for Karnilla
Skills:
Legendary: Weapons, Endurance
Epic: Lore, Athletics, Conviction
Fantastic: Might, Discipline
Superb: Resources, Alertness, Survival
Great: Contacts, Intimidation, Presence
Good:  All other skills default to Good or higher.
Stunts:
Powers:
[+0]Wizard's Constitution- Balder ages very slowly, as most of the Asgardians do.
[-4]Supernatural Strength- Balder can lift 35 tons (50 tons in role as Monarch)
[-4]Great Glamours- Balder can shield himself (and Odin's steed) from mortal eyesight.
[-2]Channeling (Pyromancy)- Balder can generate heat and light, but it is weaker than is contemporaries of other pantheons.
[-4]Supernatural Speed
[+1]The Catch- Mistletoe is Balder's one true weakness (although Odin's powers presumably apply as well), affecting the following:
[-4]Supernatural Recovery- Balder heals much faster than any mortal, and can perform at peak capacity for a full 24 hours.
[-8]Physical Immunity- Balder cannot be killed by mortal weapon.
[+1]Additional Catch- In addition to the mistletoe, the Immunity only applies to Balder when he is in the Asgardian dimension.
Equipment: Norn Stones (occasionally), Asgardian mounts, interdimensional portals, a pair of swords, occasionally Sword of Frey (not included in this write-up)
Refresh Cost: -24
Total Refresh: 4

Sif
High Concept: Female Asgardian Warrior
Trouble: Eyes only for Thor
Other Aspects: Affection for the Worthy, Understand the Mortals, Unrequited Love from Balder, Cold Weapon Mastery, the late Mrs. Chambers
Skills:
Epic: Weapons, Fists
Fantastic: Endurance, Conviction
Superb: Lore, Might
Great: Discipline, Alertness
Good: Survival, Presence
Fair: All other skills default to Fair or higher.
Stunts:
Powers:
[+0]Wizard's Constitution- Sif ages very slowly, as most of the Asgardians do.
[-4]Supernatural Strength- Sif can lift 30 tons.
[-4]Supernatural Speed
[+1]The Catch- Sif's power is potent primarily in Asgard, affecting the following:
[-2]Inhuman Recovery- Sif heals faster than any mortal.
[-6]Mythic Toughness- Sif can take all kinds of damage and still not go down.
Equipment: Dimension-traversing Sword from Odin
Refresh Cost: -15
Total Refresh: 5

Special Thanks to Belial for strength calculation.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 01:19:22 PM by Katarn »

Offline Belial666

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: May 24, 2011, 08:34:54 AM »
A point more in lifting goes from +50 to +100% weight (except for the artificial gap between +3 and +7 because humans are not supposed to lift cars with just a good roll). Following this progression, Supernatural strength increases your lifting capacity by 25-30 times as a rough estimate. Mythic strength increases your lifting capacity by 600-900 times. So, given a Might of Epic and Mythic Strength, you should be able to lift 200-400 tons without even rolling. Given a Might of Fantastic and Mythic Strength, you should be able to lift 120-240 tons or so. But that is for a casual lift without effort put into it. Rolling (or spending a FP or tagging an aspect from declaration/maneuver) allows you to lift at bonus+2, or at least twice as much.

My point is that you shouldn't go around giving Mythics and Epic/Legendary skills to everyone. Mythic Strength without any might skill allows you to break vault doors without a roll and lift 8 tons. Mythic Toughness means you can take several artillery shells. Mythic Strength and Epic Might fit the Hulk or Superman (along with hulking size and/or mighty thews) and maybe Thor, not the vast majority of other people.

Offline zaczane

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: May 24, 2011, 09:44:10 PM »
just as a note for the NPC master list i would like you guys to put an approximate power level, it makes it easier for me thanks
hey hey hey I'm not a Bad guy!!!  i just love to watch the world F%#KING burn now is that so wrong?

Offline Katarn

• Posty McPostington
  • Morgan- Best Warden ever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: May 24, 2011, 11:01:51 PM »
A point more in lifting goes from +50 to +100% weight (except for the artificial gap between +3 and +7 because humans are not supposed to lift cars with just a good roll). Following this progression, Supernatural strength increases your lifting capacity by 25-30 times as a rough estimate. Mythic strength increases your lifting capacity by 600-900 times. So, given a Might of Epic and Mythic Strength, you should be able to lift 200-400 tons without even rolling. Given a Might of Fantastic and Mythic Strength, you should be able to lift 120-240 tons or so. But that is for a casual lift without effort put into it. Rolling (or spending a FP or tagging an aspect from declaration/maneuver) allows you to lift at bonus+2, or at least twice as much.

My point is that you shouldn't go around giving Mythics and Epic/Legendary skills to everyone. Mythic Strength without any might skill allows you to break vault doors without a roll and lift 8 tons. Mythic Toughness means you can take several artillery shells. Mythic Strength and Epic Might fit the Hulk or Superman (along with hulking size and/or mighty thews) and maybe Thor, not the vast majority of other people.

Alright, I wasn't sure how to address this.  So if Balder (720 lbs) is trying to lift 50 tons/100000 lbs (139x his weight), how would you stat this?  Same question for Sif (425 lbs) lifting 30 tons/60000 lbs (142x her weight).
After some thought, I agree that Balder should have Supernatural Strength (since Hulk and maybe Thor would by mythic). Sif would have either Supernatural or Inhuman.

Offline Belial666

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: May 25, 2011, 09:11:58 AM »
Both should have Supernatural Strength. If what you gave is about their upper limit for lifting, Balder should have +6 might and Sif +5 might.

This means Balder can lift 8.5 tons without effort  (i.e. without rolls or aspects or FPs) and Sif can lift 5. If they have a moment to focus/prepare/get their stance right/brace themselves (navel-gazing for a taggable aspect) or if they put in a good effort (roll of +2) they could lift 25 and 15 tons respectively. If they put in the best possible effort (a +4 roll), or if they brace themselves and put in a good effort (navel-gazing aspect plus +2 roll), or if they bracethemselves and the fates aid them (navel-gazing aspect plus a FP), Balder could lift 70 tons and Sif could lift 40.
Both of them can break the exterior walls of buildings without rolling. Balder can break vault doors without rolling and Sif only has to roll a +1.

Thor should have a +7 might, Mythic Strength and Mighty Thews. He can lift about a thousand tons without rolling and about 8 thousand tons on his best effort.

The Hulk should have +7, maybe +8 might, Mythic Strength, Mighty Thews, Bend and Break, Hulking Size, and a rage power giving +2 to strength-related rolls (but -2 to several other skills) while really raging. That's a +26 bonus to both lifting and breaking. He is at 14 points over breaking vault doors and lifting heavy trucks. For comparison purposes, the strongest humans in the world are only 9 points over lifting a backpack or breaking window glass. It's as much easier for the Hulk to break vault doors when really raging than the strongest men breaking window glass, as it is easier for someone to lift a backpack than lift a 500-pound man. HULK SMASH!  ;D

(the hulk comparison is entirely with the book's numbers. I didn't bother making any estimations as to how much he can actually lift in tons with -11 refresh in strength powers and stunts. Once you can throw around battleships, number crunching becomes kinda pointless.)