Author Topic: Generic NPCs  (Read 139798 times)

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Generic NPCs
« Reply #450 on: May 12, 2011, 12:40:03 AM »
Cool. A few suggestions:

1. Perhaps his Leadership stunt could move the Leadership trapping to Intimidation. It would be stronger and it would provide an interesting perspective on Ridley's style.
2. Intimidating Dragon strikes me as the weak link among his aspects. The others are pretty awesome, so this mediocore (in my opinion) one stands out.
3. I think that Natural Reflexive Armour could be modeled with Human Form.

Offline Katarn

• Posty McPostington
  • Morgan- Best Warden ever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: May 12, 2011, 01:05:08 AM »
*Good point on Intimidation and Human Form stunt/power.
*Yea I ran out of ideas when I got to I.D.- changing to Competent Tactician.

Ridley

High Concept: Space Pirate General
Trouble: Mortal Foe of Samus Aran
Other Aspects: Cunning God of Death, Federation's Most Wanted, Heartless Monster, Competent Tactician , Battle Pleases Me
Skills:
Superb: Weapons, Fists
Great: Endurance, Intimidation
Good: Athletics, Resources
Fair: Might, Alertness
Average: Presence, Stealth
Stunts:
*Leadership through Fear- Ridley is a General of the Space Pirates, and an effective one at that- his abilities are primarily in intimidation.
Powers:
[-6]Mythic Recovery- Ridley shrugs off consequences like they're nothing.  He has also brushed shoulders with death, but comes back from feasting upon corpses.  He does not tire in battle.
[-2]Hulking Size- Ridley is big, scary, and intimidating.
[-1]Wings- Ridley can fly.
[-2]Breath Weapon- He can breathe fire.
[-1]Claws- Ridley will get close and personal if need be.
[-1]Echoes of the Beast (Dragon)- despite being the only known member of his kind (by the Federation at least), he knows his heritage well.
[+1]Natural Reflexive Armor- after Ridley takes a decent beating, his skin hardens, upgrading abilities (costs covered under individual abilities labeled NRA.  based on Human Form from the standard powers.
[-2]Inhuman Speed (NRA)- Ridley can move quick, when need be.
[-4]Inhuman Strength- Supernatural Strength (NRA)
[-6]Supernatural Toughness- Mythic Toughness (NRA)- Ridley can take a lot of hits, especially after his skin hardens in response to beam attacks from the Arm Cannon.
[+2]The Catch: Ridley is vulnerable when attacked in the throat and certain points on his chest.
Equipment: None.
Refresh Cost: -24
Total Refresh: 5

Offline Katarn

• Posty McPostington
  • Morgan- Best Warden ever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: May 12, 2011, 11:09:18 PM »
I challenge the good people of the Resource Board to stat up Samus Aran.  For comparison, Ridley has -24 refresh cost, so Samus should be around there, or slightly more.

Offline Silverblaze

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: May 13, 2011, 02:22:46 PM »
I challenge the good people of the Resource Board to stat up Samus Aran.  For comparison, Ridley has -24 refresh cost, so Samus should be around there, or slightly more.

From which game/sequel?  Or just with standard operating gear? I'll just try it out and take criticisms as I go.

Offline Silverblaze

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: May 13, 2011, 02:56:17 PM »
Samus Aran
High Concept:Intergalactic Bounty Hunter
Trouble:My Equipment Never Lasts Forever
Other: Ridley, My Foe; Best Bounty Hunter in the Galaxy; A Tool for Every Job; taking suggestions...one involving Metroids would be nice

Skills:
Superb: Guns, Athletics
Great: Endurance, Burglary? (she handles lots of security systems)
Good: Alertness, Resources
Fair: Might, Conviction
Average: Discipline, Rapport, Drive
(I tried to keep her skill points similar to Ridley's though she'd likely have more)

Stunts:
Impossible Leaps
Power Suit Operation (allows use of breath weapons (which are mounted weapons… from suit and mounted weapons with guns roll)
Chozo technology guru +1 to rolls using their technology, (weapons, fixing things, security etc)
No pain, No gain
Shot on the Run (can move while shooting at no penalty)
Dual Weapon training (represents the ability to combine missles with Breath weapons for extra damage) should let her toss around weapon 6-8's
Just Shoot the Panel: (sometimes shooting the lock really does work...allow guns to compliment burglary)

Powers (represents her power suit etc.)
IoP: Chozo Varia Suit – 19 added up
It is What it is: a very thick powered armor used for bounty hunting Armor 4
Indestructible
One Time Discount: + 2
Innate Mechanical(magic) Ability:Weapon: 4 (by charging the weapon; supplemental action; the cannon can become weapon 5 for one round, weapon 6 for two) -2
Inhuman Strength-2
Inhuman Recoverty-2 (representing energy tanks etc)
Supernatural Toughness –4
Catch (unknown) +0
Beast Change: Ball Form (second skill list not being added atm) -1
Wall Walking –1 (ball form only)
Diminutive Size –1 (Ball form only)
Breath Weapon –1,(fire), additional element (ice)-1, potent-1 (maybe not, since ridley doesn't have this) (weapon 4)
Demonic Co-Pilot –1 Chozo targeting systems
Energy Lash –1 (ranged grapples)
Hyperspace Arsenal –2,-1 secure (generates a way for the armor to hold a flame projector, cryobeam projector, missle launcher, ball form bombs, and main arm cannon)

Assume all weapons are weapon 4, simply used to satisfy catches and open elementally locked doors

Used 24 refresh

I just woke up when I tried this it will need some work.
However, I think being able to roll guns at epic (+7) and using a weapon 4-8 should keep her relevant vs Ridley
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 03:12:04 PM by Silverblaze »

Offline ways and means

• Posty McPostington
  • What Lies in the Truth, what truth in the Lies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: May 13, 2011, 04:07:27 PM »
Expert Ninja Assassin (Submerged)
High Concept: Ninja Assasin
Trouble: My duty is death
Other: Silence is golden; Allways look on the brightside of death; Escape Artist; Master of ninjutsu, For my Master

Skills
Superb: Stealth, Fists
Great: Athletics, Conviction  
Good: Endurance, Discipline
Fair: Weapons, Scholarship, Survival
Average:Contacts, Peformance,Deceit, Lore, Resources

+2 Pure Mortal Bonus

Stunts:
Armed Arts: Ninja Weapons, Shuriken, Katanas and flash bangs/ smoke grenades
Night Assassin: +2 to Stealth rolls in the Cover of Darkness whilst wearing appropriate attire
Ninjutsu Master: +1 to fists with Ninja Weapons
Katanagatari: +2 damage when Wielding a Katana
Poison Expert: +2 to Scholarship rolls when brewing poison
Silent Running: Reduce the Penalties of being stealthy whilst running by -2
Fleet of Foot: +2 to Athletics when Sprinting

Refresh Modifier -4

Total Refresh 5

« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 04:26:30 PM by ways and means »
Every night has its day.
Even forever must come to an end....
I think.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: May 13, 2011, 08:18:06 PM »
I dunno, I always saw Samus as relying on FP and skills rather than powers.

Not sure about the powers of the suit. Demonic Co-Pilot seems wrong and Human Form is missing. Also, the custom stuff looks slightly sketchy.

Is making poison actually part of Scholarship? Apart from that, the ninja looks good.

Revised Ridley looks great.

Offline Silverblaze

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: May 14, 2011, 04:14:20 PM »
I dunno, I always saw Samus as relying on FP and skills rather than powers.

Not sure about the powers of the suit. Demonic Co-Pilot seems wrong and Human Form is missing. Also, the custom stuff looks slightly sketchy.

Is making poison actually part of Scholarship? Apart from that, the ninja looks good.

Revised Ridley looks great.

Didn't know how else to show how her armor worked.  I figured human form would be when she takes off the armor.

I'll change  it as people see fit thoug.

Offline zaczane

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: May 19, 2011, 10:07:51 PM »
to sanctaphrax
i know this doesn't have to do with this the threads conversation but please reply to my messages.
even though i asked if i can do but now i just gonna do it anyway cause i started and by the time you reply ill probably be close to if not done
what i told him is that im gonna make a master list of all his and who ever else has made an NPC.
message me the name of the NPC and your name so i can give you the credit you deserve for it will be a tread that only i will post on unless a moderator needs to, plus if you don't tell me u made it then the credit goes to Sanctaphrax and him only.
im doing this cause i'm getting sick and tired look through the whole thread for 1 or 2 NPCs
i'm planing on organizing them by Power level lowest to highest
then with in each power level by Alphabetical order
the rest of the information will be posted as the first post of the thread when i make it.
P.S you can message me or reply here if you like the Idea or other suggestions.
hey hey hey I'm not a Bad guy!!!  i just love to watch the world F%#KING burn now is that so wrong?

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: May 20, 2011, 02:23:22 AM »
Patience, please.

I just got your message today, and I don't always reply instantly.

Anyway, I love the idea. I've been meaning to do something similar on the wiki for ages. But I never got around to it.

So, how are going to do this? Just a list of names? Links to this thread? Copy/paste everything?

Offline zaczane

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: May 20, 2011, 03:27:56 AM »
yes copy and paste is your friend sadly you can't just plug your computer into your mind and have the computer do what you want it to according to what your thinking
anyway there is all the hydrophobic level NPC now but im gonna go to bed its late were i live so ill add tomarrow cause its the weekend
night
hey hey hey I'm not a Bad guy!!!  i just love to watch the world F%#KING burn now is that so wrong?

Offline zaczane

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: May 20, 2011, 04:40:23 PM »
never mind have to think this out more
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 01:52:38 PM by zaczane »

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: May 22, 2011, 01:27:37 AM »
Looks like a Loup-Garou variant.

I'd like to finish up the Frost Family for good this weekend, and for that I need two things. The first is more social supernatural senses for Jack. The second is an explanation of what you meant those custom powers for Mother Sleet to do.

Can anyone help with those?

Anyway, I'll be making some characters that use custom powers from the master list in the meantime.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: May 22, 2011, 02:18:29 AM »
Asura Scion (Submerged)

High Concept: Asura Scion
Other Aspects: Violent Instincts, Multi-Tasker
Skills: 
Superb: Weapons
Great: Fists, Athletics
Good: Endurance, Alertness, Might
Fair: Intimidation, Survival, Burglary, Discipline
Average: Presence, Empathy, Conviction, Investigation, Lore
Powers:
Inhuman Strength [-2]
Inhuman Speed [-2]
Inhuman Toughness [-2]
The Catch (Hindu Holy Stuff) [+1]
Human Form [+1]
Extra Appendages [-2]
Flurry Of Blows [-1]
Excellent Coordination x2 [-2]
Total Refresh Cost:
Refresh Total:

Offline Belial666

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: May 22, 2011, 02:34:31 AM »
Superman (Kal-El)

High Concept: Kryptonian Champion of Humanity
Other Aspects:  Last Son of a Dead World, Honor and Justice come before Everything, Secret Identity, Enemies in High (and Low) Places
Skills:
+7 Endurance, Might
+6 Fists, Weapons, Alertness
+5 Conviction, Discipline, Athletics
+4 Presence, Rapport, Investigation
+3 Empathy, Survival, Driving
other skills default to fair.
Powers/Stunts:
[-8] Titanic Strength (+8 attack stress, +4 grapple, +6 grapple stress, +20 lifting/breaking)
[-1] Tremendous Blows - superman's fists are weapon 2.
[-1] Man of Steel - superman may use endurance for all physical defense. This power is subjected to his catch.
[-1] Swing for the Fences
[-2] Breath Weapon - eyebeams and breath attacks. They function as weapon 0 thrown weapons.
[-2] Increased Range - superman's breath weapon has a range of "line of sight"
[-2] Multiattack - superman can hit a whole zone without penalties. He must still use spray attack rules to discriminate between friend and foe.
       For every -2 penalty to his attack roll, he can hit an additional zone.
[-6] Mythic Toughness
[+3] The Catch: Kryptonite and True Magic (+2 for knowledge, +1 for availability)
[-8] Physical Immunity
[+1] Stacked catch: extra toughness. Superman has 8 more stress boxes and 4 more armor rather than true immunity. His normal catch works on those normally.
[-4] Supernatural Speed
[-1] Flight
[-4] Superspeed 4x - by setting aside the normal bonuses of supernatural speed, Superman can move 8 zones and still act normally.
      When sprinting, he can keep up with the fastest craft in the medium he's in and still perform actions but he rolls actions at average.
[+0] Solar Powered - superman has a mild feeding dependency on sunlight; he can lose a maximum of 1 point of powers per scene.
       For every full scene he spends in broad sunlight, he gets a recovery period. Stronger than normal sunlight may have additional effects.
[-3] Senses - heat vision, x-ray vision, telescopic vision, parabolic hearing. Note that some of those are as powerful as 3-4 normal extra senses.
[-1] Listening
[-1] Discriminatory Senses - reduce time required to search a given area by 2 steps.