Author Topic: Generic NPCs  (Read 139792 times)

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Generic NPCs
« Reply #315 on: April 22, 2011, 04:25:25 AM »
Another D&D class for y'all.

Monk (Chest Deep)

High Concept: Kung-Fu Monk
Other Aspects: Purity Of Mind And Body, Ki Strike
Skills: 
Superb: Fists, Discipline
Great: Athletics, Alertness
Good: Conviction, Endurance
Fair: Investigation, Empathy
Average: Stealth, Lore
Stunts:
Improved Grapple (Fists): May grapple with Fists.
AC Bonus (Athletics): +2 to Athletics defense rolls while unarmed and unarmoured.
Slow Fall (Athletics): Each shift on an Athletics roll counts as 1 armour against falling damage as long as a wall is within arm's reach.
Powers:
Improved Unarmed Strike [-1] (Reflavoured Claws)
Inhuman Speed [-2]
Ki Strike [-1] (Unarmed attacks satisfy catches of magic, adamantine, and law)
Total Refresh Cost:
Refresh Total:

Offline zaczane

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 22, 2011, 06:48:00 AM »
sorry it  took me so long to reply but i was gaming from 6 to 12 today for another game anyway yes i like him so fare especially what you did with breath weapon.   i'm confused with the vast hyper dangerous aura. he is tough agains everything but fire. he is immune to cold.  and the random recovery is good but that sounds like a -2 at least and i think it should be called IceCold recovery. other than that all i have to say is well done i'm impressed. ill keep u posted if theres anything i want to addd o duh keep you posted its a message board wow sometimes the stupid things that come out of my mouth o well.
hey hey hey I'm not a Bad guy!!!  i just love to watch the world F%#KING burn now is that so wrong?

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 23, 2011, 03:30:53 AM »
Alright. Editing to include that.

So, how about skills?

What is King Blizzard meant to be good at, other than combat?

EDIT: Vast Hyper-Dangerous Aura acts like an environmental hazard. It makes an attack against Endurance with accuracy 6 and weapon rating 2 against everyone within three zones every turn. I gave it to King Blizzard so that people who aren't being attacked by him would still feel as though they are part of the fight.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 03:34:24 AM by Sanctaphrax »

Offline zaczane

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 23, 2011, 06:16:09 PM »
ok i understand now.  he's a good at leading people, just more as a tyrant than a monarchy even though his wife has lots of power. so he'd be really good at battle tactics and coordinating  attacks. other than that he's pretty average at the rest cause the frost family works like this

Grandfather Glacier-Mental attacks are his thing(he will f#@k up your ming easily)
King Blizzard- good at tactics and fighting in general(good fighter but he's a real cocky a@#hole)
Mother Sleet-good at social conflicts and fighting with evocation and thaugmatergy(she will pretend to be your friend even if you are her enemy and then com back and kill you when your not expecting it
Narrvanna(AKA Jack Frost)-he his the most balanced in the family. he love to send people on wild goose chases.  while he goes and does what he wants.(kind of like a supernatural version of the joker now that i think of it.  except his colors are light blue and white rather than green and purple like the joker.)
Barrakan (AKA Jack Frost's Brother)-only one who uses fire.(lets just say that he knows how to control hellfire, soulfire, regular fire along with other pyromancer magic)
hey hey hey I'm not a Bad guy!!!  i just love to watch the world F%#KING burn now is that so wrong?

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 24, 2011, 02:05:44 AM »
Thanks. That helps a lot.

Anyway, King Blizzard is done. I'm quite happy with him. I think he's got a real World of Warcraft-style "raid boss" feel to him. I haven't actually played WoW, though, so I could be completely off base.

King Blizzard (Deep One)

High Concept: Father Of The Frost Family
Other Aspects: Cocky A@#hole, War Leader Of The Frost Family, I Am A Tyrant
Skills:
Epic: Weapons
Fantastic: Contacts, Presence
Superb: Endurance, Conviction, Might
Great: Intimidation, Fists, Resources
Good: Athletics, Alertness, Lore
Fair: Discipline, Survival, Empathy
Average: Scholarship, Investigation, Deceit, Rapport
Stunts:
Excellent Leader (Presence): +1 to lead, leadership is one time increment faster.
Strategist (Presence): May use Presence +1 for assessments and declarations related to battle strategy.
I Am A Tyrant (Contacts): May use Contacts to find minions.
Followers (Contacts): +2 to Contacts when using it to find minions.
The King Still Stands (Endurance): 2 extra mild consequences usable only when fighting multiple opponents.
Breath Control (Weapons): +1 to attack with Breath Weapon.
Deadly Breath (Weapons): Breath Weapon is weapon 4.
Long-Range Breath (Weapons): Breath Weapon has 3 zones of range.
Superior Breath Spray (Weapons): When making a spray attack with Breath Weapon, +1 to each individual attack.
Wide Breath (Weapons): May take -2 penalty to hit an entire zone with Breath Weapon.
Powers:
Marked By Power (Frost Family) [-1]
Sponsored Magic (Frost Family) [-4]
Breath Weapon [-2]
True Aim [-1]
Mythic Strength [-6]
Inhuman Speed [-2]
Mythic Toughness [-6]
Supernatural Recovery [-4]
The Catch (fire) [+3]
Physical Immunity [-8]
The Catch (not cold) [+6]
Human Form [+1] affecting:
Hulking Size [-2]
Custom Powers:
Ice-Cold Recovery [-2?] When King Blizzard is exposed to fire, flip two coins. If both are heads, then prevent all damage and give King Blizzard the benefits of a scene of recovery.
Vast Hyper-Dangerous Aura [-7] Makes a Fantastic attack at weapon 2 against Endurance against everyone within three zones each turn.
Total Refresh Cost:
Refresh Total:
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 06:05:59 AM by Sanctaphrax »

Offline zaczane

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 24, 2011, 09:18:34 PM »
what are the advantages of making his breathe weapon a weapons 4

Offline zaczane

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 24, 2011, 09:21:06 PM »
o i forgot to ask how the true aim would work in this situation, and physical immunities catch is not cold but the mythic toughness and supernatural recover's catch is fire right

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 24, 2011, 10:08:02 PM »
what are the advantages of making his breathe weapon a weapons 4

In layman's terms hit hits like a .50 bmg round instead of a 9mm round.
Myself: If I were in her(Murphy's) position, I would have studied my ass off on the supernatural and rigged up special weapons to deal with them.  Murphy on the other hand just plans to overpower bad guys with the angst of her short woman's syndrome and blame all resulting failures on Harry.

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 24, 2011, 10:08:36 PM »
Another D&D class for y'all.

Monk (Chest Deep)

High Concept: Kung-Fu Monk
Other Aspects: Purity Of Mind And Body, Ki Strike
Skills: 
Superb: Fists, Discipline
Great: Athletics, Alertness
Good: Conviction, Endurance
Fair: Investigation, Empathy
Average: Stealth, Lore
Stunts:
Improved Grapple (Fists): May grapple with Fists.
AC Bonus (Athletics): +2 to Athletics defense rolls while unarmed and unarmoured.
Slow Fall (Athletics): Each shift on an Athletics roll counts as 1 armour against falling damage as long as a wall is within arm's reach.
Powers:
Improved Unarmed Strike [-1] (Reflavoured Claws)
Inhuman Speed [-2]
Ki Strike [-1] (Unarmed attacks satisfy catches of magic, adamantine, and law)
Total Refresh Cost:
Refresh Total:

I really like this one.  For 7 refresh, this guy is pretty nasty.
Myself: If I were in her(Murphy's) position, I would have studied my ass off on the supernatural and rigged up special weapons to deal with them.  Murphy on the other hand just plans to overpower bad guys with the angst of her short woman's syndrome and blame all resulting failures on Harry.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 24, 2011, 11:48:02 PM »
@BumblingBear: Thank you.

@zaczane: You are correct about the catches. Making Breath Weapon weapon 4 instead of weapon 2 means that each of his attacks with it inflict 2 additional stress. True Aim adds 1 to his Weapons skill as long as he remains true to his nature, and as a supernatural being with negative refresh he will always do that.

Offline zaczane

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: April 25, 2011, 04:21:24 AM »
gotcha for a minute there i thought it was a true believer/ knight of the cross type of thing but now o well.  i showed the finally copy of him to some of my fellow friends who aren't in my game. they told me to tell who ever made this that he's really f#$&ing powerful. then i said well you want to either be on his good side or go in guns uh blazing with lots and lots of back up. then i told them he would be a major mile stone if you were to fight him directly. then they all agreed that he is still powerful but then its not really a major milestone if its not a challenge. so they say thank you as well as i do

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 25, 2011, 05:30:49 AM »
Well, it's one of the abilities of the Swords Of The Cross. That's where it comes from. But I don't see why not to give it to non-Knight Of The Cross character.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that the King's going over well. I hope to hear about how he works out in play.

Going to take a try at Barrakan next.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 25, 2011, 06:31:25 AM »
I chose to reverse the catches on Barrakan, to reflect the distance between him and the rest of the family.

Barrakan Frost (Deep One)

High Concept: Black Sheep Of The Frost Family
Other Aspects: Master Pyromancer, Fiercely Independant, Fires Of Heaven And Hell
Skills:
Epic: Conviction
Fantastic: Discipline, Lore
Superb: Presence, Endurance, Athletics
Great: Alertness, Investigation, Intimidation
Good: Empathy, Fists, Might
Fair: Performance, Rapport, Stealth
Average: Deceit, Survival, Burglary, Scholarship
Stunts:
Limitless Power (Conviction): 2 extra mild mental consequences, usable only for spellcasting.
I Do What I Want (Presence): Armour 1 against attempts to order him around.
Applied Knowledge (Lore): Make Declarations at +1 with Lore regarding magic and magical things.
Powers:
Evocation [-3]
Thaumaturgy [-3]
The Sight [-1]
Refinement [-16]
Sponsored Magic (Hellfire) [-2]
Sponsored Magic (Soulfire) [-3]
Inhuman Speed [-2]
Supernatural Toughness [-4]
Inhuman Recovery [-2]
The Catch (cold) [+2]
Physical Immunity [-8]
The Catch (not fire) [+6]
Custom Power:
Red-Hot Recovery [-2?] When Barrakan is exposed to cold, flip two coins. If both are heads, then prevent all damage and give Barrakan the benefits of a scene of recovery.
Magic:
Evocation (Air, Fire, Earth, Spirit): +1 spirit power, +2 spirit control, +3 fire power, +4 fire control
Thaumaturgy: +1 crafting frequency, +2 crafting power, +3 pyromancy complexity
Foci: Left-Hand Blasting Rod (+4 offensive fire power), Right-Hand Blasting Rod (+4 offensive fire control), Bracers (+1 defensive fire power and control), Hammer (+2 crafting frequency), Anvil (+2 crafting power), Notes (+1 pyromancy complexity)
Enchanted Items (all have four uses): Robes (10 shift block against attack), Protective Amulet (10 shift block against attack), Underclothes (Armour 5), Protective Belt (Armour 5), Ring Of Chains (10-shift grapple attempt, one target within line of sight), Ring Of Blasting (weapon 10, aim with Discipline), Boosts Of Escape (10-shift sprint action), Bottle Of Living Flame (10-shift summoning spell, creates a fire elemental), 4 potion slots (strength 10)
Total Refresh Cost:
Refresh Total:

Offline zaczane

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: April 26, 2011, 01:36:50 AM »
good job with Barrakan i kinda confused about some the stuff under magic

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: April 26, 2011, 03:25:40 AM »
What do you find confusing?