Author Topic: Quick Adventure Ideas  (Read 1524 times)

Offline wolff96

• Participant
    • View Profile
Quick Adventure Ideas
« on: October 01, 2010, 05:41:56 PM »
Thought I might throw out a thread where we could pop our ideas.  Dresden Files games are as individual as their characters/cities, but general ideas can usually be adapted to fit anything.

Please contribute your own ideas!  (That way I have something to steal as well...  ;))

---------------------------

An art theft gets more than the theives bargained for when they accidentally get an important item (or Item of Power) mixed into the theft.  Allows for detective work and research on the items, potential struggle with the theives, and one or more supernatural groups trying to recover/obtain the item. 

Good fits:  Campaigns with organized crime, virtually any supernatural threat.

Supernatural predator that is feeding off the victim's subconscious mind.  Violence on the host will merely force it to find a new victim -- to stop it, they must exorcise the creature or face it within the victim's dream-scape. 

Good fits:  Pretty much any campaign as a 'filler' arc or as part of a larger conspiracy.

Displaced predators are now being forced into the city (or at least, out of the shadows) as they're moved by a larger power in their old turf.  Offers a good chance to combat the immediate threat as well as seeking clues as to what upset the status quo. 

Good fits:  Works well with most of the supernatural predators, especially ghouls and vampires.

Offline PhoenixCustodis

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Adventure Ideas
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 05:46:52 PM »
Right now I've got my group running through a maze because they got captured by the Erlking Labyrinth style. All I do is have random encounters and planned encounters against goblins and other Fae on a maze I pulled off of Google images.

Good fits: games involving the Fae or if you want to get the Fae involved

Offline FangGrip

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 12:24:35 PM »
Well so far in my chronicle I have run two scenarios.  The third is just starting up, so I don't want to give anything away to my players.  Keep in mind, these are just the adventure seeds I used.  A full explanation would be too long and frankly less interesting for those not involved.  Kinda like the whole "lemme tell you about my character..."

During a massive heat wave, a group of Thirst Spirits called Kavir arrive in town from the NeverNever.  They start off slow, dehydrating people but begin sucking the populace drier and drier leading to deaths.

---

A group of bikers stage a daring train robbery for a bible transported by a courier.  The bible is an evil artifact that only reveals its true nature when viewed with the sight.  The bikers are lead by an evil priest of an outsider who wishes the bible for his own nefarious ends.  To make matters more complicated, one of his lieutenants wants revenge on a local judge who put him away for assault several years ago.

Offline noclue

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 01:30:39 AM »
Your mentor turned traitor and sold you out to the Red Court, who have swarmed the city. All local white council wizards are presumed dead, except a group of wardens who think you're to blame.

Offline deathwombat

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 05:21:00 PM »
A no accoutn re;ative shows up unexpectedly. With all kinds of baggage.
Bad typists untie!!!!

Offline Bubba Amon Hotep

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 12:50:19 PM »
I open up a monster manual, or creature collection.  Flip to a random monster in the book.

Then ask myself a question.  What would happen if 1 of these crossed over from the never never.  What about 2?