Author Topic: Homebrew Stunts  (Read 50664 times)

Offline admiralducksauce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Homebrew Stunts
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2010, 10:52:35 AM »
Once again, admiralducksauce, may I please add your stunts to the master list in the first post?

Oh, sorry, yeah.  Go right ahead, please use them and edit however you like.

Offline HobbitGuy1420

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2010, 03:02:11 PM »
Feel free to use mine, if you like.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2010, 08:48:32 PM »
Thank you very much. As it happens, I have a few stunts of my own to add.

Conviction:

Sanction: Your faith in your boss, be it the archangel Uriel or Colonel Carrington, is absolute. Pick a being. Add one to your Conviction skill when acting on behalf of that being.
Fire And Brimstone: Threatening someone's body isn't really your style. You prefer to threaten the soul. You may use Conviction instead of Intimidation when threatening someone on a spiritual level.

Deceit:

One Big Lie: Tell a lie long enough and you begin to believe it. Pick a statement that isn't true. You get +2 to any roll made to convince someone that that statement is true.

Driving:

One Hand On The Wheel: Multitasking behind the wheel is second nature to you. Treat your Driving skill as Fantastic whenever it would complement, modify, or restrict another skill.

Intimidation:

Bad Cop: Cruelty is more effective when given a basis for comparison. When working together with someone who has the Good Cop stunt, add two to your Intimidation skill.

Performance:

Spellsinger: Music is magic, at least for you. You may use your Performance skill for spellcasting control.
Song Of Emotion: Your art has a real impact on the emotions of those who hear it. You may use your Performance skill for the Incite Emotion power.

Rapport:

Good Cop: Kindness is more effective when given a basis for comparison. When working together with someone who has the Bad Cop stunt, add two to your Rapport skill.

Offline HobbitGuy1420

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2010, 08:53:50 PM »
Control is its own power (Discipline): You may not be a mighty spellcaster, but you've got so much finesse you don't need to be.  Your Discipline compliments your Conviction when determining how much power you can summon on an Evocation without taking mental stress.

Offline admiralducksauce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2010, 08:54:26 PM »
Totally stealing Good Cop/Bad Cop.  That's awesome, with one cop maneuvering with Rapport, setting up tags for the bad cop's Intimidate, who sets up tags for the good cop, etc.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2010, 09:17:35 PM »
Wow, you guys reply quickly. I haven't even edited the first post yet.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2010, 09:40:51 PM »
All right, I tried to edit the first post to include the new stunts. Unfortunately, the full list exceeds the limit of 20 000 characters per post. Any ideas about how to handle this?

Offline admiralducksauce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2010, 09:51:05 PM »
Edit the second post?  :)

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2010, 09:56:29 PM »
The second post isn't by me. I would like to keep the list together if at all possible.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2010, 02:54:23 AM »
Well, I'm still not sure what to do about the broken master list. blankshield suggested providing a link to a complete list elsewhere. Does anybody know where elsewhere could be? I'm really not the most web-savvy.

Conviction:

Stubborn Faith:  You cling to your beliefs with amazing determination. You may take two additional minor consequences against attempts to make you act against your faith.

Guns:

Way Of The Gun: Guns are your area of expertise. You may use your Guns skill to build and repair firearms, and your familiarity with such weapons offers a +1 bonus to the stress
inflicted by each attack you make with a gun.

Intimidation:

And Your Little Dog Too: People who shrug off the most brutal threats against themselves will often fold when their loved ones are threatened. When threatening someone by threatening other people, add two to your Intimidation skill.
Rorschach-Style Information Gathering: You don't ask nicely when there's stuff you need to know. You may use Intimidation for the Gathering Information trapping of Contacts.

Scholarship:

Master Of Factoids: You know a lot of little things that have an odd way of coming in handy. Add two to your Scholarship skill when using it to Declare Minor Details.

Offline ralexs1991

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2010, 07:29:19 PM »
there needs to be a mcgyver skill made!!!  ;D
Oh, hi, Mr. Warden!  How are you this fine day?  My, what a shiny sword you have there...

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2010, 09:13:03 PM »
I'm not really sure what you mean, ralexs1991. If by McGyver skill you mean a stunt that will let you imitate the actions of McGyver, than you can find a couple of good examples on the DFRPG Fan Resources page. Just google "DFRPG" and scroll down to "DFRPG Fan Resources." The stunts you want are called "Ball-Point Pen, Stick Of Gum, And A Paper Clip" and "I Can Build Anything I Need." Both are Craftsmanship stunts.

Offline HobbitGuy1420

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2010, 09:56:26 PM »
For "Way of the Gun," I'd say you need a much narrower focus - "way of the pistol," "way of the revolver," "way of the shotgun," etc.  "gun" is *way* too broad for a stunt.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2010, 10:10:59 PM »
You're probably right. I made it as a copy of Way Of The Bow from Your Story, and didn't think about the comparative merits of guns and bows. Do you think it would be fair if the +1 stress bonus was restricted but the Craftsmanship effect wasn't? I was thinking that maybe the +1 stress bonus should only apply to guns made or modified by the character.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 10:13:06 PM by Sanctaphrax »

Offline Drashna

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2010, 01:20:36 AM »
there needs to be a mcgyver skill made!!!  ;D
Lots of Craftsmanship, and the jurry-rigger stunt. Done.
[qoute='piotr1600']Sure true love will conquer all... You sponsored an instant vision of a tentacled Cthuluoid monstrosity following Elaine around, meeping piteously and making puppy dog eyes at her while she sighs loudly and gently kisses those tentacles...[/qoute]