Author Topic: Miami; the Makeshift Mermaid and other Yarns  (Read 72809 times)

Offline Ren

• Seriously?
  • AKA: Renmonster The Horgymeister
    • View Profile
    • The Forbidden Dojo 3-D Art
Re: Miami; the Makeshift Mermaid and other Yarns
« Reply #480 on: February 08, 2011, 12:46:14 AM »
Updated the OP Board with Images and a new character. Will be adding some other characters as soon as I can find pictures.
"Brain Makes My Math Hurt" - me

"Eeyore is my Totem Animal" - me

"Pants are overrated!" - me

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: February 08, 2011, 12:03:07 PM »
I just thought of a new title for a movie.

"Lobstrosities on a plane."
Myself: If I were in her(Murphy's) position, I would have studied my ass off on the supernatural and rigged up special weapons to deal with them.  Murphy on the other hand just plans to overpower bad guys with the angst of her short woman's syndrome and blame all resulting failures on Harry.

Offline Ren

• Seriously?
  • AKA: Renmonster The Horgymeister
    • View Profile
    • The Forbidden Dojo 3-D Art
« Reply #482 on: February 08, 2011, 04:03:51 PM »
As a note I can't access Gmail from work so I can't use the new mailing list while I'm here so I will continue to post here or on the OP page.
So if anyone needs to reach me Post here. PM me here or mail me on the OP board.
"Brain Makes My Math Hurt" - me

"Eeyore is my Totem Animal" - me

"Pants are overrated!" - me

Offline Malkyne

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: February 08, 2011, 09:21:36 PM »
As a note I can't access Gmail from work so I can't use the new mailing list while I'm here so I will continue to post here or on the OP page.
So if anyone needs to reach me Post here. PM me here or mail me on the OP board.

I set up both an OOC and IC forum for us to use.  However, the information is all in a mail I sent to the mailing list that you can't get to.  D'oh!  I'll send you a copy on the OP board.

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: February 08, 2011, 09:38:30 PM »
I still need to register for all that good stuff.

I find it highly convenient that we have so many computer-savvy people in our little group.

In fact, we're probably a pretty good cross section of geek culture for our general age group.  Weird.
Myself: If I were in her(Murphy's) position, I would have studied my ass off on the supernatural and rigged up special weapons to deal with them.  Murphy on the other hand just plans to overpower bad guys with the angst of her short woman's syndrome and blame all resulting failures on Harry.

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: February 08, 2011, 10:07:46 PM »
I still need to register for all that good stuff.

I find it highly convenient that we have so many computer-savvy people in our little group.

In fact, we're probably a pretty good cross section of geek culture for our general age group.  Weird.

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: February 08, 2011, 10:13:23 PM »
I PITY THE FOO WHO TRIES TO TAKE MY MELON!

::while eating a lobster::

Offline Funge

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: February 09, 2011, 05:22:01 AM »

Things I learned today:

1)  Mr. T shits diamonds.

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: February 09, 2011, 05:27:02 AM »
Things I learned today:

1)  Mr. T shits diamonds.
When I was growing up, my family was so poor we couldn't afford to pay attention.- Mr T

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: February 09, 2011, 05:44:14 AM »
I sent an email out, but why not here too.
So with the Milestone thing, we should take a second and see what we are short on
As Bumbling bear has said, we should be tagging aspects on things like crazy, it just makes them die faster.
We can also tag aspects on each other for good or bad

I think I've used 3 fate chips, total ever. Lets start throwing those suckers around like dice at a craps table. I just dont know how per say?
Like do we say, oh well I'll spend a fate point and say that their was a chandelier in the room, I shot it (Roll Dice) and it fell on lobster.

Alertness could be raised for everyone I guess
We can set ambushes (Gator Revenge time!)
Wizards can craft spells, that we can use, supposedly?
Do we need driving skills if Limo Lady is a bad ass at it?
Could Ian spend a Fate Point to get an Airstrike from the National Guard?

I dont know, just spit balling. Bear has a good grasp on the game, as does Z (but he's off playing Captain America  8) ) Ren has a character he wants to play I guess, and he knows "Da Rules"  so that should be cool.

i ramble, I'll stop,  discuss amongst yourselves

Offline zegion

• Conversationalist
  • *Taps* -Bugle Call
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: February 09, 2011, 06:27:00 AM »
Fanta, i think a bit of scholarship for your charter does makes sense, after all hes actually taken the time to read the constitution, develop a hate for federal law enforcement and actually read the crap that comes out of congress. Maybe you should save a skill rank in the subject. The rest goes to alertness/athletics, after all what else to hill-billy-gun-toting-dam-destroying-gun runners do in their spare time besides be paranoid?

As for playing captain america....i dont play...playing is for kids, what i do is for real. ;D
-They fought for their lives But most of them died

-The angels were crying, As they carried his brothers away. With the fire raining down And the Hell all around
There were few men left standing that day.

Big & Rich 8th of November.

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: February 09, 2011, 06:33:46 AM »
As for playing captain america....i dont play...playing is for kids, what i do is for real. ;D
I meant it with all due Respect of course

There was a part where Captain America is fighting some guy, and getting beat the shit out of. The bad guy says "Just surrender and I'll let you live"
to which Cap says

It says "Surrender, what do you think this A stands for FRANCE?!" he then cuts the dude in half with his shield. Bad ass.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 06:36:02 AM by fantazero »

Offline Malkyne

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: February 09, 2011, 07:16:40 AM »

Damn straight.

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: February 09, 2011, 07:20:08 AM »
I sent an email out, but why not here too.
So with the Milestone thing, we should take a second and see what we are short on
As Bumbling bear has said, we should be tagging aspects on things like crazy, it just makes them die faster.
We can also tag aspects on each other for good or bad

I think I've used 3 fate chips, total ever. Lets start throwing those suckers around like dice at a craps table. I just dont know how per say?
Like do we say, oh well I'll spend a fate point and say that their was a chandelier in the room, I shot it (Roll Dice) and it fell on lobster.

Alertness could be raised for everyone I guess
We can set ambushes (Gator Revenge time!)
Wizards can craft spells, that we can use, supposedly?
Do we need driving skills if Limo Lady is a bad ass at it?
Could Ian spend a Fate Point to get an Airstrike from the National Guard?

I dont know, just spit balling. Bear has a good grasp on the game, as does Z (but he's off playing Captain America  8) ) Ren has a character he wants to play I guess, and he knows "Da Rules"  so that should be cool.

i ramble, I'll stop,  discuss amongst yourselves

I'm waiting until I get a few more milestones to raise my alertness.  I already know exactly how my character's will go for the next year or so.

We won't have to raise our alertness if people used maneuvers more.

Like how I tend to use self maneuvers for future combat, anyone could create a maneuver like "very cautious" for a +2 tag on their alertness rolls.

We aren't using maneuvers and such to their full potential right now.

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: February 09, 2011, 09:55:03 AM »
Soooo... after much discussion, Melon has decided where she is going to take her character.

She's decided that Melon is going to learn martial arts and be a photographer ninja.  Seriously.

I cannot wait. :)

BTW, while Melon was out and not helping us much this last session, she was starting to receive intense martial training off screen.

Her encounter with the lobstrosities scarred her and made her vow to never be useless in a fight ever again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, I'm working on some story ideas so whenever Ren wants to take a break for a session or two, I'd like to run a story where certain character meet certain.... other characters and get a chance to take up or turn down power. :)

It's kind of a theme in the books that the possibility of power presents itself, and even if a character refuses, they have the option of taking it up later.

We have several PCs in our campaign who could be prime candidates of that. :)

I think it'd be fun for the people who don't know where they want to take their characters to get possibilities to choose from in-game.

What do you all think?