Author Topic: Some homebrewed templates  (Read 6081 times)

Offline Attercap

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • Attercap.Net
Re: Some homebrewed templates
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2010, 01:16:52 PM »
Why do Nephilim need to be the children of Fallen? In the Bible, the Nephilim were brought about under God's orders, and became the greatest heroes and champions of old.
There are a few different interpretations of Nephilim--even within Judeo-Christian mythology (no offense intended to anyone of faith). Popular culture usage, however, generally names the Nephilim as either the product of a Fallen Angel and human mating or a Grigori and human mating. I think the former is the most used, though, given its use through movies, TV and RPGs.

That said, I think Belial's template for Nephilim could also fit the "Sons of God" type of Nephilim just as well with only minor text changes, and, perhaps, changing the Catch.
Attercap.Net | New comic every M-F
Liber Attercap | An In Nomine reference
Unholy Preyer | Non-Dresdenverse RPG using the Dresden Files RPG rules

Offline MWKilduff

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2010, 03:39:23 PM »
I wanted to throw out my thanks for these templates.  They lead me to all kinds of ideas.  Please if you have any more to post please post them.
A wink, a smile, and a whole lot more!

Offline Belial666

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2010, 11:41:36 PM »
Hunter is up. I am not sure I am happy with how it turned out but I don't know how to make it better either. Ideas?

Offline MWKilduff

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2010, 03:28:27 AM »
Hunter is up. I am not sure I am happy with how it turned out but I don't know how to make it better either. Ideas?
I guess that the trick with a supernatural hunter is that you need to be able to be prepared for the unexpected.  So, how about some stunts that allow the character to have a swiss army knife of answers.

My little black bag of tricks: allows the character to have the tool for the job once a scene
Roll my run like a b*tch dice: allows the hunter to find an escape route out of a situation that turns against the player
My grandpappy's gun can bring the pain:  once a scene you have a clip of ammo that will resolve the catch of supernatural toughness

Offline Mal_Luck

• Posty McPostington
  • The Trope Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2010, 04:35:51 AM »
My grandpappy's gun can bring the pain:  once a scene you have a clip of ammo that will resolve the catch of supernatural toughness
I think this falls under the Know Weakness stunt.

My comment to the hunter, should the Defy/Hunt/Slay stunts be +1 to the general category and +2 to the specific Occultist choice? (i.e. +1 dodge/hit/damage to all vampires, but +2 dodge/hit/damage to Red Court)

Does Know Weakness stack with rolls from Occultist?
DV Mal_Luck v1.2 YR3 FR1 BK++++ RP++++ JB TH(+++) WG(-) CL SW(+) BC(++) MC(--) SH [Molly+++ Murphy++]

Offline Belial666

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2010, 07:03:55 PM »
Yeah, Know Weakness is for satisfying catches. Make your roll and bring out the cold ion/silver/blessed/incendiary/rock salt ammunition.

In theory, it would stack with Occultist but practically it doesn't; Occultist needs research so it is used out of combat while Know Weakness doesn't so it is used within combat.

The Defy/Hunt/Slay stunts are situational +2, how situational depending on how many occultist stunts you have. Making them only +1/+2 would be too weak. On he other hand, I could add a "Nemesis" stunt that gives a further +1 to attack and defense only against the specific fields of knowledge.

Offline CBIrish

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2010, 11:37:22 PM »
These are some really outstanding templates.  I hope you don't mind, but I have one I've been tinkering with and thought I'd post it here.  I've never designed a template for Dresden, so (constructive) comments, suggestions and critiques are welcome.  I'll use the OP's format (with his kind indulgence).

The Blooded
Maybe you're the great-great-great grandchild of a changeling.  Maybe a dragon had it's way with one of your distant ancestors or a Red Court Infected had kids before turning.  However it happened, a touch of the Weird has made it's way in your bloodline, and it's here to play.
Musts - At character creation, the player and GM must agree on the type of being whose blood grants the character their abilities.  They must also plan out in advance the powers the character will have available through progression.  Also, a high concept or trouble reflecting their heritage (Dragon Blooded Arson Investigator or For Most People 'Hag' Isn't Factually True).
Common abilities to most Blooded:
[-0] Sensing the Weird (grants the character the ability to recognize [on some level] when they are in the presence of the supernatural-whatever form it may take)
[-1] The Sight
[+0] Ancestral Constitution
[-variable] Inhuman level (max) physical Powers (the Catch for Toughness/Recovery powers depends on the Ancestor)
[-1] Supernatural Senses
[-1] Echoes of the Beast
More character-specific powers may include:
[-1] Spider Walking
[-1] Claws/Wings
[-2] Breath Weapon
[-1] Beast Change
[+1] Human Form (for players with inhuman appearances)
[-Varies] Sponsored Magic (Channeling/Ritual) - GM Note - the player should have a very good reason for putting this on the list.
Advancement: Though the plot device/mechanism for this will vary wildly from player to player, the character's powers grow as they come to more fully embrace their inhuman heritage.  In some cases this may involve long hours of meditation, complex rituals meant to bring more of their inhuman blood to the fore, or even excessive use of their existing abilities.  GMs are encouraged to play up any facets of the ancestor's personality that may be appropriate, for good or ill, especially as the character's power grows.
Some people call me morally bankrupt.  I like think of myself as free-spirited . . . and morally bankrupt.

Offline CBIrish

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2010, 12:46:33 AM »
Really? Nothing? Should I take that as a good sign, a bad sign, or a bleh sign?
Some people call me morally bankrupt.  I like think of myself as free-spirited . . . and morally bankrupt.

Offline MWKilduff

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2010, 01:24:08 AM »
Really? Nothing? Should I take that as a good sign, a bad sign, or a bleh sign?

Fine as far as rules go...

Bleh for unique and exciting.  Now, I have seen your creative side before and I only answer publicly  to throw out the challenge for something unique and boundary pushing.