Author Topic: Question on how catch's work (in ref to Toughness)  (Read 1610 times)

Offline Abhoth

• Participant
    • View Profile
Question on how catch's work (in ref to Toughness)
« on: August 08, 2010, 08:42:22 AM »
Ok just a quick question on how catch's work for supernatural powers. Lets start with the Toughness group, lets say I have +4 Catch (its somthing everyone can get and its easy to find out about it) Silver bypass's my recovery/tougness. Lets say I buy Supernatural Recovery (-4) and Inhuman Toughness (-2). Now does the Catch appy to each power seperately or to the total cost of the powers section for toughness? Ie the +4 Catch reduces the Supernatural Recovery to -1 and Tougness to -1? For a total of -2?

How does this work for other power categories that may have catch's like say Faerie does the catch apply to the whole category or individually (so in the above case the +4 Catch is over kill as it would reduce the Recovery to 0 and the toughness to +2, which is not allowed as the min cost is -1).

Is my question clear is the abyssal mud of dead R'lyeh?

Offline JosephKell

• Conversationalist
  • Total Refresh Cost: +2 (Pure Mortal)
    • View Profile
Re: Question on how catch's work (in ref to Toughness)
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 08:54:24 AM »
Carefully read The Catch.  It clearly says "This will give you a discount on the total cost of any and all Toughness category powers that you take..."

Recovery powers are under the Toughness Category.
If you have to ask, it probably breaks a Law of Magic.  You're just trying to get the Doom of Damocles.

Offline Abhoth

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 09:58:58 AM »
Carefully read The Catch.  It clearly says "This will give you a discount on the total cost of any and all Toughness category powers that you take..."

Recovery powers are under the Toughness Category.

So if I wanted to apply this to other power categories where catch's are not normally used like either spell casting or faeire powers would it work the same way?

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 10:02:24 AM »
So if I wanted to apply this to other power categories where catch's are not normally used like either spell casting or faeire powers would it work the same way?

No, it would not. Though it wouldn't necessarily be unbalancing to make it do so, it's still very definitely a House Rule.