Author Topic: Witchblade  (Read 2615 times)

Offline Bloodwork

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Witchblade
« on: August 02, 2010, 12:21:38 AM »
I'm thinking of making a character with a magical gauntlet like in Witchblade. It wouldn't necessarily have to be exactly the same, I just need a good base to start from.

I'd say Emmisary of Power with an Item of Power (It's a Gauntlet; Unbreakable; Has Own Agenda; Inhuman Strength)
I'd like it to have a directional shield effect as well, kind of like Harry's shield bracelet but I think that is a focus for his magic. Not sure how to do it, maybe Toughness with the Catch being it's directional?

Anyways, any suggestions are appreciated.

Offline Belial666

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Witchblade
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 01:44:18 AM »
Witchblade:
 * Indestructible
 * One-time Discount
 * It is an always sharp, perfectly balanced sword: weapon 3
 * It is a small but indestructible shield: armor 3, but only if the attacker matches your defense or beats it by just 1
 * Guardian: you can use the weapon skill to defend against any non-social attacks, not just weapons and fists [-1]
 * True Strike [-1]
 * Lethal Blade: +2 weapon damage [-1]
 * Inhuman Strength [-2]
 * Inhuman Speed [-2]

For a total of [-5] refresh.

Offline CMEast

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 08:06:45 AM »
Witchblade:
 * Indestructible
  * It is what it is, both shield and weapon (can be used for defense, or attack at weapon:3)
[+1] One-time Discount (if it can shrink down to something unnoticeable, +2 if it's always gauntlet size)
[-1] Marked by Power
[-9] Modular abilities including:
- Strength
- Toughness
- Recovery
- True Strike
- Wings
- Spider Climb
- Psychometry (including memories of it's own use)

Offline Belial666

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 10:54:25 AM »
Huh. I never even considered modular abilities even though I'm playing a character with modular abilities.

Since Sarah is human when not using it, shouldn't she have human form +1 ?

Offline CMEast

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 11:48:27 AM »
Yeah totally, I hadn't thought about human form. Though psychometry could be used in human form I imagine, that would be at the GM's discretion though.

Offline Remy Sinclair

• Participant
  • I am the calm then I am the storm!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2010, 03:02:20 PM »
I'm thinking of making a character with a magical gauntlet like in Witchblade. It wouldn't necessarily have to be exactly the same, I just need a good base to start from.

I'd say Emmisary of Power with an Item of Power (It's a Gauntlet; Unbreakable; Has Own Agenda; Inhuman Strength)
I'd like it to have a directional shield effect as well, kind of like Harry's shield bracelet but I think that is a focus for his magic. Not sure how to do it, maybe Toughness with the Catch being it's directional?

Anyways, any suggestions are appreciated.

The comic book or TV Version or Anime?

One thing about the comic book and Anime version the Witchblade takes over the host because it is a symbiote and burns out the wearer usually killing them as well as trying to take them over.
The TV version did not touch much on this.

It is both a curse and power. This is not in my opinion reflected in the builds so far mentioned and I am at work so I do not have my book to toss in my build might type it up when I get home.

And if you are talking the Witchblade might not be a bad idea to toss in the Darkness too.

Offline CMEast

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 03:17:54 PM »
One thing about the comic book and Anime version the Witchblade takes over the host because it is a symbiote and burns out the wearer usually killing them as well as trying to take them over.

Add in Demonic Co-pilot? As you use it, it deals you mental stress which will eventually cause consequences, potentially leading to extreme consequences which changes aspects in line with the Witchblade's agenda until eventually you're a tool for the Witchblade, instead of the other way around.

Offline Belial666

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 05:53:04 PM »
Or until you die. Having your mind eaten from the inside-out is every bit as bad as having done the same to your body. Moreso in some ways; armor and toughness powers don't work on mental attacks.

Offline Bloodwork

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2010, 07:35:25 PM »
Thanks for the replies. They gave me the idea to start with an Item of Power using the TV show as inspiration and then (if my GM allows it) have it fully manifest into the shapeshift form from the comics.

Offline JustinS

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2010, 02:48:04 AM »
Given it will actively defend as a bracelet, it is a human guise item, not a human form...

Also, Witchblade was something I've been thinking about importing into the system for a while.