Author Topic: Targeting a death curse  (Read 1575 times)

Offline Tush Hog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Targeting a death curse
« on: July 25, 2010, 04:46:58 AM »
Let's say we have a wizard who has taken a mild and a serious consequence in a fight. He is going to out with a bang. He tags his two consequences for a total +4. He inflicts a moderate and extreme upon himself for another +12. His Lore is Good +3. Total shifts are 19. He is going to lay down a 17 shift attack on an entire zone. What would be the targeting roll? I don't recall it being spelled out, but I'm tempted to treat the same as a ward landmine. Which is to say the targeting roll equals the power of the evocation (17 or 19?).

Thoughts? Have I missed something?

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Targeting a death curse
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 08:30:43 AM »
No, that's how it works. Though he should be able to Tag his newly self-inflicted Moderate and Extreme Consequences as well, at least, IMO.

Offline CableRouter

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Targeting a death curse
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 11:48:12 PM »
No, that's how it works. Though he should be able to Tag his newly self-inflicted Moderate and Extreme Consequences as well, at least, IMO.

Don't short yourself either, you get one fate point per consequence you have when you're taken out of a fight, so toss in four fate points worth of invokes on appropriate aspects for another +8.  Death curses are serious business.