Author Topic: Werebear for 7 refresh game?  (Read 3829 times)

Offline CMEast

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Werebear for 7 refresh game?
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2010, 03:48:39 PM »
Give the dragon-ogre (now that'd be cool) the high ground or some body-guards or something. Have the fight be the pinnacle of a desperate struggle rather than them walk in to the fight fresh and ready.

Offline The Codex

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2010, 04:06:47 PM »
Hi Guys,

I also have a werebear type character they are awesome.

However i didn't really like silver as a catch (as most were-creatures are not loup garo types), in the end we had a couple of options, with a Norse feal we and anywhere cold we had fire, as it also something that bears fear... For a demonic grizzly we had holy objects. But for the final version we had a Native American type background and feel for where the power came from and the resulting catch was Obsidian, a substence that was made for only the best weapons due to the fact it is razor sharp (can be made sharper than steel) and still used for surgical blades today.......

Also as a feet wet character, the initial character did not have echos of the beast or beast change, reflecting he did not know how to use his power or his new form, after a few milestones he has begun to expand and use his powers and new form more readily...

Anyway hopefully this may help someone else....

Offline Saedar

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2010, 04:22:53 PM »
Thanks for the heads up.

Though now I'm starting to wonder... I had originally imagined setting up the Dragon(trope, not literal dragon) for these guys as a full on Ogre for them to eventually fight, but with a werewolf, a half ogre and a focused specilist in tow as well... I don't know if that would be enough.  I just don't want it to be a cakewalk, since I'm sure my players can figure out the bane for fey... though I do plan on having lots of social complications from him being a big bear in the city...

Sounds like some good stuff! The other night my wife threw our group again a flock (horde?) of shen demons and their ability to toss flaming poo across zone borders had my character running between zones trying to catch them. Keep your players moving if you can, that -1 to rolls from supplemental actions can be a real pain. Also, as for social issues of being a bear... My character had chased a BBEG across a few city blocks and when we finally finished with the fight I had no clothes.... Kinda sucked....

Offline ashern

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2010, 04:48:01 PM »
Lol, sounds like a fun and challenging combat.  I'll keep mobility in mind, though from some basic calculations, most barriers won't stop a bear...  Though that's a good thing, since I'm planning on compelling an "I'm frickin' HUGE" aspect for all sorts of fun and consequences for the player.