Author Topic: Storm Front and the Soul  (Read 2064 times)

Offline Mindflayer94

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Storm Front and the Soul
« on: July 05, 2010, 10:43:45 PM »
I've been re-reading Storm Front recently, and I noticed an interesting passage (Harry speaking of his soul):

I did't know what they saw when I looked in there-it wasn't a place I poked around much myself (Page 35)

Does that mean that a wizard can see into their own soul? If so how would a spell that does so work in DFRPG.

I would rule that it does work, using a thaumatgury (making the impossible possible), using a complexity 12 divination spell (Due to the multiple facts you can gain ex. how others wizards judge your soul, based on how dark it is).
DV Mindflayer94 v1.2 YR3 FR2 BK+++ RP++++ JB TH++++ WG+ CL--- SW BC++ !MC SH[Murphy+++]

Offline pulsedrive

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Storm Front and the Soul
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 12:24:19 AM »
I have a feeling it was more of a tongue in cheek way of saying he doesn't do much introspection.

Offline Mal_Luck

• Posty McPostington
  • The Trope Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 12:47:16 AM »
I have a feeling it was more of a tongue in cheek way of saying he doesn't do much introspection.
Seconded.
DV Mal_Luck v1.2 YR3 FR1 BK++++ RP++++ JB TH(+++) WG(-) CL SW(+) BC(++) MC(--) SH [Molly+++ Murphy++]

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 01:10:15 AM »
Thirded.

Offline evilnerf

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 03:01:52 AM »
Course, then again, we are talking about guy who has regular chats with his subconscious...

Offline Mal_Luck

• Posty McPostington
  • The Trope Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 03:28:40 AM »
Course, then again, we are talking about guy who has regular chats with his subconscious...
To be fair he hadn't done that until the next book  ;)
DV Mal_Luck v1.2 YR3 FR1 BK++++ RP++++ JB TH(+++) WG(-) CL SW(+) BC(++) MC(--) SH [Molly+++ Murphy++]

Offline CMEast

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2010, 09:20:01 AM »
I've got a feeling that if you did find a way to soulgaze yourself in game you'd be in trouble; like looking in to a reflection of a reflection of a reflection, true mental regression - it's you all the way down.

Still, an insane wizard is a fun wizard. Extreme mental consequence: 'Malkovich Malkovich Malkovich'