Author Topic: Changing high concept?  (Read 1318 times)

Offline BigMrE

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Changing high concept?
« on: July 05, 2010, 05:24:52 PM »
Was just wondering if others thought it might be appropriate as characters grow in power.  Example, you start with a focused practitioner, who grows and becomes a full wizard.  Is it allowable (although, as GM I would probably say yes), to allow the high concept to change from say "Fire Slinging Wanna-Be" to "Hot Headed Pyro-Wizard" (or something like that, just off the top of my head)?

Offline luminos

• Posty McPostington
  • Um... Hello?
    • View Profile
Re: Changing high concept?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 05:28:37 PM »
Pretty much, yeah.  As long as the evolution of the high concept makes sense from a natural growth perspective.  The high concept is the essential nature of the character, so it shouldn't change in most circumstances, it can be given small alterations to reflect somewhat inevitable changes. 
Lawful Chaotic

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 06:09:02 PM »
Both Harry and Murphy have explicit changes in their High Concepts suggested, so yeah, I'd say that's kosher.

Offline Chris M

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 10:17:40 PM »
Yeah, one of my players has gone from being a pure mortal pizza delivery boy to the Winter Knight. He'll be getting a High Concept change.

Offline TheMouse

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 11:30:24 PM »
Another vote for yes, so long as it makes sense.

If enough about a character changes that some bit of the High Concept Aspect doesn't make sense, or it doesn't make sense that something isn't included, the thing should be edited. The High Concept Aspect should sum up the central thing about a character. If it doesn't, it needs to be changed.