Author Topic: Milwaukee and Unseelie Incursion of 1994  (Read 3495 times)

Offline Ozymandeus

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Milwaukee and Unseelie Incursion of 1994
« on: July 04, 2010, 12:54:32 PM »
Greetings!

I'm starting up a group that will be based in the city of Milwaukee (where I live), and one of the big events that is referred to is the Unseelie Incursion of 1994.  It seems like there isn't much information regarding the incursion.  I found one quote from Storm Front:

"...the entire city of Milwaukee had simply vanished for two hours. Gone. Government satellite photos showed the river valley covered with trees and empty of life or human habitation. All communications ceased. Then, a few hours later, there it was, back again, and no one in the city itself the wiser."

I was curious if anyone knew of any additional info on the Incursion that I could incorporate (or any other possible interesting ideas for Milwaukee.)

I was actually planning to heavily incorporate the Fae Courts before I even remembered about the Incursion; I was going with the idea that the Summerfest grounds are a Summer Court Nexus of sorts, where the Summer Court draws power from the huge masses of celebrating mortals, and even abducts musicians to play eternally for them in the Nevernever, and that the Winter Court would constantly be trying to assault Milwaukee to disrupt a major stronghold of Summer.

Thanks!

Offline theDwarf

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Milwaukee and Unseelie Incursion of 1994
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 01:27:13 PM »
and even abducts musicians to play eternally for them in the Nevernever

Actually, they would be more likely to replace them with Changelings, at least for a while, and may explain why bands often come out with nothing new for a while then suddenly get inspired again and reinvigorate their careers.   ;)

I would also include that the Fae would be one reason that if you are up in any large building outside of downtown virtually all you see is trees with a random top of a building sticking out here or there.  Same applies to Racine, but more so (from the lighthouse you can see maybe 6 buildings including those downtown.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 01:29:41 PM by theDwarf »
-D.M.Zwerg
Mathematician

Offline Ozymandeus

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 08:17:52 PM »
I've actually been trying to think up a way to make Summer Court an antagonist...to the casual observer Winter seems like the bad guys and Summer the good...I wasn't sure the best way to go about showing that having a high-degree of Summer court influence in a city is a bad thing...if it even *is* a bad thing... I like trees :)

Offline Nyarlathotep5150

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 08:32:04 PM »
"...the entire city of Milwaukee had simply vanished for two hours. Gone. Government satellite photos showed the river valley covered with trees and empty of life or human habitation. All communications ceased. Then, a few hours later, there it was, back again, and no one in the city itself the wiser."

I was curious if anyone knew of any additional info on the Incursion that I could incorporate (or any other possible interesting ideas for Milwaukee.)

As far as I know, that quote from Storm Front is the extent of the information given on the subject. So I guess its yours to flesh out however you want... GO NUTS!
  As far as making summer court the badguys. Keep in mind that summer is also the season of War, Fire, Heatstroke, passion... All sorts of stories could be based around the Seelie feas notorious "Bad Temper".
   The trick is keeping in mind that the Summer court isn't any less evil than the winter. They are simply the warmth to their cold. The Passion to counter their calculating Malice.