Author Topic: Potions on contact  (Read 4610 times)

Offline CMEast

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Potions on contact
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2010, 06:46:17 PM »
Heh yeah I liked it too, though I think I may play around with the bad luckomancer as the idea has stuck with me :)

On the name side, I haven't come up with anything new, but my GF suggested 'tokens' (which I quite like, and yes I asked her as it was bugging me).

Offline Rel Fexive

• Conversationalist
  • Shadow Sorcerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2010, 07:20:45 PM »
Token's good.  So far I've added the following possibilities to the list: jinx, whammy (informal usage), cantrap/cantrip, telesm ("A kind of amulet or magical charm"), binding, cipher.
THE DOCTOR: I'll do a thing.
RIVER SONG: What thing?
THE DOCTOR: I don't know. It's a thing in progress. Respect the thing!

Offline Todjaeger

• Conversationalist
  • Dresden Files Alpha Burn Playtester
    • View Profile
    • Butchered New Haven campaign site
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2010, 05:09:35 AM »
Token's good.  So far I've added the following possibilities to the list: jinx, whammy (informal usage), cantrap/cantrip, telesm ("A kind of amulet or magical charm"), binding, cipher.

Another possibility for name (depending on theme) would be Runestone.  As an interesting aside, I just finished reading Even Hand, and Gard apparently had some form of runic powers temporarily imbued into her battleaxe.  That suggests the possibility that normal, reusable items or weapons could be temporarily "charged" with different effects.  Imagine the impact of a rune scribed just inside a threshold, that is keyed to release a blast of lightning (like in a locker found at a certain train station...) while not as effective as a full Ward, it will certainly be more effective than just a Threshold at stopping some of the supernatural.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 03:51:34 PM by Todjaeger »
Kill the Child, Doom the World...  Or is it, Kill the Child, Save the World?

Dresden Files Purity test: http://knnn.x10.mx/purity2/purity.html

My results: http://knnn.x10.mx/purity2/purity-result.html?55:70:18:23:6:6:17:26:11:27:11:37:14:41:20:28:3:5:

Offline Rel Fexive

• Conversationalist
  • Shadow Sorcerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2010, 10:00:15 AM »
Yes, a runestone or a rune inscribed on a surface (Explosive Rune, anyone?) would be appropriate names for that kind of theme.

I'm leaning more towards 'telsem' or 'cipher' myself.
THE DOCTOR: I'll do a thing.
RIVER SONG: What thing?
THE DOCTOR: I don't know. It's a thing in progress. Respect the thing!