Author Topic: Setting up a DFRPG group in Vancouver / GVRD area  (Read 2171 times)

Offline Arcteryx

• Conversationalist
  • "I comb my hair with a hand grenade."
    • View Profile
Setting up a DFRPG group in Vancouver / GVRD area
« on: July 02, 2010, 05:06:00 AM »
Trying to gauge interest in forming a group to take on the DFRPG in Vancouver / GVRD / Lower Mainland (That's Vancouver BC, not Vancouver WA!)

I'm in the Tri-cities area but have car and can travel. Personally, my schedule is once every two weeks preferably on Sat night or Sun afternoon - but think it would be really neat if we filled in play in between with an online component.

I'm not a FATE expert but the DFRPG has convinced me to make the leap. Happy to GM/volunteer as long as the group is patient, but that's probably a bridge we'll cross when and if we get to it. Age disclaimer: I'm a "mature" gamer (mid 30's) but am young at heart :)

Looking forward to connecting with some local fans and Dresdenauts!

Offline Arcteryx

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Setting up a DFRPG group in Vancouver / GVRD area
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 03:18:56 PM »
There's now a small group formed to play and we're in the City Creation phase; if you're local to the Vancouver area and would like to join, let me know.

Offline Biff Dyskolos

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 11:06:13 PM »
There's now a small group formed to play and we're in the City Creation phase; if you're local to the Vancouver area and would like to join, let me know.

I am in North Vancouver and I am interested. I might know two others that are interested as well.

Offline Arcteryx

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 12:19:07 AM »
Would be happy to have you on-board; we're bantering back & forth now about which city to play in, and need to sort out a couple more details ahead of getting together for our first get-together. I've PM'd you the specifics about where to join the conversation.

Cheers!

Offline Lanodantheon

• Conversationalist
  • A Wizard is as a Wizard does...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 02:41:19 AM »
I still think it would be hilarious to run Vancouver using the Vancouver Method.
www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/the-emerald-city  (Nov 2012 Campaign of The Month)

fate-accelerated-star-wars-the-infinite-empire.obsidianportal.com/
(June 2016 Campaign of The Month)

My name is Lanodantheon Thul, Conjure that by your own risk....But first, you have be able to spell it...

Offline firerez

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 05:32:48 AM »
I'm also in North Van, and I may be interested as well depending on the location and times? Shoot me a pm please? :)

Offline Arcteryx

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2010, 08:14:45 PM »
I still think it would be hilarious to run Vancouver using the Vancouver Method.

Well, I'm from Vancouver so I think its funny they named the method after my hometown, but true enough, I work for an gov't org and appreciate the impact is has on our visibility & economy. Always fun to point out the local landmarks in the background!

I'm also in North Van, and I may be interested as well depending on the location and times? Shoot me a pm please? :)

No location set yet, we're kind of hoping to keep things central, and its tentatively scheduled for Sunday afternoons, once every two weeks.

We're currently hoping for a GM to step up; if no one does I will, but I'd need some time to learn the rules better.

Offline TheeGravedigger

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 09:22:25 AM »
Well, a few months back, we had half a game planned out, and then it burst into flames. Personally, I blame Palmer. (This is a joke, Palmer is a good friend of mine, and the circumstances were entirely out of his control.)
And now we're attempting it again, apparently.

For North Van, there's at least 1 GM I know in the area, normally runs Rifts, but was interested in Dresden, I'll poke him, see if he's up for running a game out that way.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 06:42:45 PM by TheeGravedigger »