Author Topic: Accountability, author's timecard, word count written, feeling lonely out there?  (Read 43701 times)

Offline prophet224

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Matt's Main Page (Under Construction)
Reil, gotcha!  That does clarify things a bit! :) 

As for everyone else... wow, what output!  Any secrets?  Other than just sitting down and doing it?  Do you find there is a certain good time of day or anything like that?
*NEW* DragonCon Writer's Track Notes:
Middle of page at: http://www.novusimperia.net/

Local but online Writer's Group:
http://writing.novusimperia.net/

Hypertext SotC SRD:
http://www.novusimperia.net/FATE_SRD/Fate3SRD.php

Offline the neurovore of Zur-En-Aargh

• O. M. G.
  • Riding eternal, shiny and Firefox
    • View Profile
As for everyone else... wow, what output!  Any secrets? 

I don't own a TV.

Also, I do my in-person social life in brief intense bursts.
Mildly OCD. Please do not troll.

"What do you mean, Lawful Silly isn't a valid alignment?"

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

Offline Reil

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Holy crap!  My head feels like it's about to fall off.  After adding 1200 words to my opening scene, and tweaking the rest of the scene (probably about 300-500 words total) I saw an e-mail from a couple friends in my writing group.  They'd sensed I was frustrated and suggested I just try explaining the story to them, that perhaps just writing an overview for another person might help things.  4000 words and several aneurism's later, I think they were right.  My head literally feels tired, rubbery, like a muscle that's been heavily exercised.  I haven't written that much since I was unemployed.  Oh right... I do have a job... and I was supposed to be working today... not writing stories about wargs... yeaaaaah.

Still, I feel flippin fantastic.

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
Holy crap!  My head feels like it's about to fall off.  After adding 1200 words to my opening scene, and tweaking the rest of the scene (probably about 300-500 words total) I saw an e-mail from a couple friends in my writing group.  They'd sensed I was frustrated and suggested I just try explaining the story to them, that perhaps just writing an overview for another person might help things.  4000 words and several aneurism's later, I think they were right.  My head literally feels tired, rubbery, like a muscle that's been heavily exercised.  I haven't written that much since I was unemployed.  Oh right... I do have a job... and I rwas supposed to be working today... not writing stories about wargs... yeaaaaah.

Still, I feel flippin fantastic.
way to go. Congrats.
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess

Offline Jaeh

• Posty McPostington
  • Lol AWOL
    • View Profile
    • Everything's Platonic
grabbed a friend for soundboarding, grabbed a new software for writing. both did wonders - my head's clear now, and I'm psyched to write.

One problem: it's 12 am already, and I have classes tomorrow, and an exam to boot. Urgh, college isn't helping right now.
DV Jaeh v1.0 YR0.83 FR0.75 BK+ JB TH++ WG+++ CL++ SW BC- ?MC RP FF++- SH[Murphy+++++ Molly-]
I'm a classic narcissist - there's just nothing to be narcissistic about.

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
I just kicked three chapters into one at the end of the Thing I Am Actually Supposed To Be Working On.

Which is not right, yet; tbh it lumbers like Boris Karloff.  But it's getting there.

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
5 hours this AM and back rolling again. I love when it rocks well!
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell

Offline KevinEvans

• Conversationalist
  • The Butterfly did it, Alt History
    • View Profile
    • My personal Author page
Just got the historical accuracy comments from "The Historian".

Now I have to get the re-written draft done by Nasfic.

Regards,
Kevin
Are Tech articles written for a nonexistent town in an alternate universe, Fiction?

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
That isn't "the historian" the book I take it?  Yuck yuck. Yeah its late and I'm loonie.  Keep us posted on nasfic. Best wishes to you and wife!

Offline KevinEvans

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Grin,
Not the book, just an incredibly competent expert on the culture. For ex, I had to change all the military unit designators, as the unit class I wanted to use was in degenerate rebellion. (Corruption was so wide spread that any military function had almost ceased to exist)

Anyway, the revision is done, except for, one “find and replace” spelling change....

Regards,
Kevin
Are Tech articles written for a nonexistent town in an alternate universe, Fiction?

Offline Starbeam

• Posty McPostington
  • Twitter: @stellamortis
    • View Profile
    • Stella Mortis
I have so far revised about 7-8 rough draft pages--printed at 14pt, so would actually be fewer pages if it had printed normally--which is around 10 handwritten pages.  Planning on typing it up later tonight, probably after dinner, to see what word count ends up being.

*Edit* And the word count comes out to around 2300.  Not bad for about 5 hours of actual writing.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 02:17:48 AM by Starbeam »
"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." Ray Bradbury

Offline KevinEvans

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Tonight is the last work day (Mid shift) before we leave for Nasfic. Our first panel is Thurs at 3 pm, Steam in the 17th cent. Any one who is going, should come by the 1632 track room (Marriott State Ballroom C,D) and we can go kill a bier or something.

We are land cruising, taking the train from New Mexico to North Carolina. we leave from ABQ on Sunday....

Regards,
Kevin

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
Reworked the ending to current thing I am supposed to be working on again. I think it now works, and will give it one more through pass.

Home internet is dead, though I am assured it will be fixed Any Day Now.

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
I just finished up two weeks of classes at the Univ of Ia writer's festival and anxious to get back in revision, but I spent tonight reading some YA sci fi's to keep current.  It feels like I'm revving the engine but can't get out of the starter's block.  Yeah, I mixed metaphors, I'm sure... Shoot me.

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
Reworked the ending to current thing I am supposed to be working on again. I think it now works, and will give it one more through pass.

...annnd I got this done in the past 25 hours.  133 kwords polished and continuity-checked and shiny. So I get to go back and work on Thing I Actually Want To Work On for a bit, I think.