Author Topic: The Dragonknight  (Read 2804 times)

Offline Tush Hog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
The Dragonknight
« on: June 15, 2010, 12:51:16 AM »
I'm looking for suggestions and help with creating a major NPC for my group. The idea is he is an Emissary of Power for a dragon. He is extremely wealthy and doesn't necessarily have to be evil.

I'm open to a a range of refresh and power levels. Whatcha got for Aemon Prince the Dragonknight? (hey, if Jim can tip his hat to Tolkien, I can tip my hat to GRR Martin  ;)

« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 01:19:40 AM by Tush Hog »

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: The Dragonknight
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 01:10:45 AM »
I have a PC who's the Emissary of a Dragon.

his actual stats don't match up for what you're looking for (mostly anway) but his powers might:

Marked By Power [-1]

Human Guise [+0] effecting;
Claws [-1]
Wings [-1]

Inhuman Strength [-2]
Inhuman Speed [-2]
Inhuman Toughness [-2]
Inhuman Recovery [-2]
The Catch is Cold [+3]

For higher Refresh you could add on Sponsored Magic (possibly with some Refiement for Item Slots) or up Inhuman Toughness and/or Strength to Supernatural.

For skills, I reccomend something like this:

Superb: Athletics, Fists (or Weapons if that suits your style better)
Great: Presence (or Intimidation, again based on style), Resources,
Good: Conviction, Endurance, (plus Discipline if you go with Sponsored Magic, plus Fists if you went with Weapons above)
Fair: Alertness, Lore, Rapport, Intimidation (or Presence if you went with Intimidation above)

Other skills at Mediocre to Fair, all depending on what direction you want to take this in.

Offline Tush Hog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 01:30:51 AM »
I like it! I'm also considering giving him breath weapon. Skill breakdown looks good, too. I'm leaning toward giving him Sponsored Magic as well.

Offline Wyrdrune

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 10:07:02 AM »
At my gaming table we have a similar NPC who is sometimes an ally, sometimes an adversary, depending on her master's wishes... as she is an NPC she is a bit overpowered. she is very similar to your emissary, but has an additional supernatural sense, which allows her to smell magic and ritches (her master is a dragon after all).

Offline BigMrE

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 01:40:03 PM »
I was actually considering making a PC that was an emissary of power backed by a dragon...hmm....

Offline John Galt

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 03:59:46 PM »
I like it! I'm also considering giving him breath weapon. Skill breakdown looks good, too. I'm leaning toward giving him Sponsored Magic as well.

Well if the idea is to make him a powerful NPC, I wouldn't bother with Breath Weapon.  It's fairly useless.  I'd just give him the ability to channel his master's chosen element.

Offline wyvern

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 04:36:00 PM »
On the other hand, if you're making a powerful NPC, there's no particular need to restrict yourself to the listed breath weapon power.  Need a variant that works off fists skill, has a three zone range, and is weapon: 6?  Go for it.  I have no idea what the refresh cost on that would be, though; on the one hand, it's weaker than an optimized evoker; on the other hand, it doesn't cost mental stress, and is rather stronger than an un-optimized evoker.  Maybe -4?

Offline AsaTJ

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 05:30:39 PM »
Personally, I treat my dragon servants similar to the Fae Court Knights- Ritual and Channeling are the first things I give them, and the rest can wait for higher refresh.

Offline Bubba Amon Hotep

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 11:18:24 PM »
I have an NPC I created.  Who only bears the [-1] Marked by Power.  With a stunt taken to help him hide it.  He takes care of the Sanctum for his Dragon Master, does research, manages some pure vanilla mortal employees, and fulfills tasks that are to trivial for the Dragon.

The rest are simply in stunts.

Who says all Dragon Knights need to be kick ass warriors to have all the fun.  :)

Offline McConaughey1984

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2010, 10:24:19 AM »
Will Aemon Prince have a nemesis named Robert King ( or Robert Stag) fighting for the had of a certain dark haired wolf girl( possibly a werewolf )  ;D

Offline Tush Hog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2010, 05:43:17 PM »
Will Aemon Prince have a nemesis named Robert King ( or Robert Stag) fighting for the had of a certain dark haired wolf girl( possibly a werewolf )  ;D
Now you're talking!  ;)

Maybe he will have a crush on a werewolf  :P