Author Topic: DISPROVE THIS  (Read 107969 times)

Offline mid_life_crisis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: DISPROVE THIS
« Reply #360 on: June 29, 2010, 04:39:35 PM »
..yup

cause thats how the duck flies.

in fact, im ilying its becoming moe and more like Mab's

long hoeny blonde with ice blue and green tips

to pure white hite blue tips and highlights
Do you realize that this typo sounds like deep southern for "horny"? 
“Sex is like Bridge. If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand.” - Mae West
Papa said, "son there's a lot of evil temptations out there in the world.  Best to try 'em all so you know which ones to avoid."
Sweat is fat cells crying.  - T-shirt wisdom

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
  • Duck of The Black Court
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 29, 2010, 05:05:17 PM »
..so does Harry
Yeah, but Germans and Hungarians don't pull people's theories out of their sockets when they're challenged.  Ducks are known to do that.

That's been disabled. But I can still CALL you Fup Duck. -Shecky

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 03, 2010, 04:55:56 AM »
annother point of data:

in proven guilty, the three fetches enter the carpenter household, after blasting thru the fence, even tho that area has 'divine' protection; Harry reasons MOlly must have been decieved into inviting them in.

But the story from her brother implies they just forced their way in...

what if they were invited/ sent by Molly..just her 10,000 year older self?

Yeah, but Germans and Hungarians don't pull people's theories out of their sockets when they're challenged.  Ducks are known to do that.

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: July 03, 2010, 07:05:07 PM »
And for post 10,000

BUMP BUMP BUMP !!! MOLLY IS MAB LIVE WITH IT SUCKERS !! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ahem

quack

Offline sanchez

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 03, 2010, 08:03:43 PM »
congradulations ms. duck lol
He writa da book to earna da monie to buya da bread to getta da strength to writa da book... :)

Offline mid_life_crisis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 03, 2010, 08:21:38 PM »
annother point of data:

in proven guilty, the three fetches enter the carpenter household, after blasting thru the fence, even tho that area has 'divine' protection; Harry reasons MOlly must have been decieved into inviting them in.

The "divine protection" supposedly didn't kick in until Michael retired.  Up to that point they had only the panic room and the threat of "do you seriously want to give a knight of the cross a good reason to come after you?"
“Sex is like Bridge. If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand.” - Mae West
Papa said, "son there's a lot of evil temptations out there in the world.  Best to try 'em all so you know which ones to avoid."

Offline svb1972

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 04, 2010, 12:58:05 AM »
But they did have an ass kicking threshhold.  One strong enough that some nevernever creatures should not have been able to cross it.

I mean, if MIchael and the Carpenters don't have an uncrossable threshhold.  Who does?

Offline bigthan

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 04, 2010, 03:08:28 AM »
Well sort of a joke. 

Here is where it all came from:
JB has written that we all have missed two major clue bats in turn coat, and quite a few of us went gonzo trying to figure out what they are. I Believe it was He Whom Walks who first noted that in turn coat, when Harry is searching for Thomas, he does not use his most obvious tool, little Chicago. In fact, it’s not even mentioned in the book at all, unlike every other book when it is used or not, only referred too as a ‘tarp covered table.’
Second, Harry has nasty headaches throughout the entire book. Now there are several ideas about these headaches, many of them involving his brain damage, but especially in light of his not having them in changes, it seems clear these headaches are cause by someone messing with his head, just like the headaches he got in small favor when Mab messed with his head… hmmm…
Third, someone has messed with little Chicago before, during proven guilty, when Mab was involved oh so strangely with Molly. (more on that later.)
So, this led some of to speculate Mab had messed with Little Chicago again, or at least made Harry and Bob forget it existed at all. But Why?
Removing Little Chicago prevents Harry from finding Shaggy and Thomas directly. It has several results, but the largest is it forces Harry to bond with Demonreach, something that JB has written he ‘will deeply regret later.’ Note that Mab, at this point, has considerable other options; She could, for example, have just walked in and offered Harry the winter knight job in return for her help rescuing Thomas. Or unleashed Lea. And those are just the unsubtle options.
Ergo, if we follow this logic, Demonreach is important to Mab, and it is important to her that Harry have it. Why? Well, many possibilities, but in my scenario, it is because Demonreach is the earthly location of the sidhe table (it is directly below it, remember summer knight); this is where, 75,000 years ago, a mortal wizard ascended to become Mab, causing the last major ice age. ( And creating that lovely source of permanent dark magic the island’s warden protects.)
It all came together one night when I was really tired and remembered JB had said this:
‘Well its one of the Laws (time travel) and Harry hasn’t broken it yet, so he will have too.’
So we have Mab, who knows way too much about what is going on and what will happen in the future, who can walk right thru all of Harry’s wards anytime she wants, who forced Harry into the position of Demonreach, somehow predicting that he would take that option…
We have Lea, quite interested in Molly, even back when she was a kid.
We have the entire darn book of Proven Guilty.
We have Molly, whom has powers of illusion, enchantment, and mind control.
We have Mab, whom was probably human once, quite legendary for her illusions, enchantments, and mind controls.
And we have Margaret Katherine Amanda Carpenter; Margaret from Marvarid, also spelled Margot, Marit, and Maeb..or as JB spells it, Mab.
Time travel + location of sidhe table + eternal regret of Harry … Molly is Mab.
As to the rest of the queens, I suspect they came later actually, (Mab says she IS Sidhe, not she IS A sidhe.)…Molly recruited them to balance her out, and end the ice age she accidentally started.
Or as others have suggested, her personality split into pieces..but im in favor of the recruiting idea.

Enjoy disproving.

holly shit that atuchaly macks sens and now i am scared of molly
but a nuther question why would harry send molly that far back in time he has no reson to and also why would molly whont to become mab and on tope of all of this if mab is molly would that evenchuly chang how time played out this time around would she not try to chang some thing because she is molly

Offline bigthan

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 04, 2010, 03:19:04 AM »
... and they were all voted off the planet save MAB!

I'm finding it rather spookie that Little Chicago's missing and Harry dosen't know.  I just figured it was under the tarp, but did find it odd he didn't use it.

I'm imagining this in a role playing situation
Player 1: My brother's missing and he's in trouble.  I'll just use Little Chicago to find him.
GM: What's Little Chicago
Player 1: My replica of Chicago I spent all that time building.  It's sitting on that table over there.
GM:  All that's sitting on that table is a tarp... and that's all you remember ever being there.

So either it was under the tarp and he didn't "notice" it, or someone nicked it along with all his memories of it.  I like the idea of it being nicked.  That way it still exists and wasn't burnt up in the house fire.  Eck! would real Chicago have burnt up if Little Chicago did?  It has been described as a voodoo doll of Chicago before.

i like the way you think so what if some one knew that in the near future that Harry's house was going to bern dow and that if it did it might actually hert the city of chicago s they tock it and the memories of him making it but why not then just stop him from making it in the first place

Offline ClintACK

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 04, 2010, 03:32:37 AM »
annother point of data:

I thought this was explained quite clearly in the books.

Molly's use of fear-based mind control magic on her two friends was what summoned the fetches to her.  They could come to her through the threshold because she was (unconsciously) calling to them --- this was a part of the consequences of her violation of the Laws.

Offline mid_life_crisis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 04, 2010, 03:35:45 AM »
i like the way you think so what if some one knew that in the near future that Harry's house was going to bern dow and that if it did it might actually hert the city of chicago s they tock it and the memories of him making it but why not then just stop him from making it in the first place
He mentions Little Chicago in Changes.

Offline ClintACK

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 04, 2010, 03:41:23 AM »
Well sort of a joke. 

Here is where it all came from:
JB has written that we all have missed two major clue bats in turn coat, and quite a few of us went gonzo trying to figure out what they are. I Believe it was He Whom Walks who first noted that in turn coat, when Harry is searching for Thomas, he does not use his most obvious tool, little Chicago. In fact, it’s not even mentioned in the book at all, unlike every other book when it is used or not, only referred too as a ‘tarp covered table.’
Second, Harry has nasty headaches throughout the entire book. Now there are several ideas about these headaches, many of them involving his brain damage, but especially in light of his not having them in changes, it seems clear these headaches are cause by someone messing with his head, just like the headaches he got in small favor when Mab messed with his head… hmmm…
Third, someone has messed with little Chicago before, during proven guilty, when Mab was involved oh so strangely with Molly. (more on that later.)
So, this led some of to speculate Mab had messed with Little Chicago again, or at least made Harry and Bob forget it existed at all. But Why?
Removing Little Chicago prevents Harry from finding Shaggy and Thomas directly. It has several results, but the largest is it forces Harry to bond with Demonreach, something that JB has written he ‘will deeply regret later.’ Note that Mab, at this point, has considerable other options; She could, for example, have just walked in and offered Harry the winter knight job in return for her help rescuing Thomas. Or unleashed Lea. And those are just the unsubtle options.
Ergo, if we follow this logic, Demonreach is important to Mab, and it is important to her that Harry have it. Why? Well, many possibilities, but in my scenario, it is because Demonreach is the earthly location of the sidhe table (it is directly below it, remember summer knight); this is where, 75,000 years ago, a mortal wizard ascended to become Mab, causing the last major ice age. ( And creating that lovely source of permanent dark magic the island’s warden protects.)
It all came together one night when I was really tired and remembered JB had said this:
‘Well its one of the Laws (time travel) and Harry hasn’t broken it yet, so he will have too.’
So we have Mab, who knows way too much about what is going on and what will happen in the future, who can walk right thru all of Harry’s wards anytime she wants, who forced Harry into the position of Demonreach, somehow predicting that he would take that option…
We have Lea, quite interested in Molly, even back when she was a kid.
We have the entire darn book of Proven Guilty.
We have Molly, whom has powers of illusion, enchantment, and mind control.
We have Mab, whom was probably human once, quite legendary for her illusions, enchantments, and mind controls.
And we have Margaret Katherine Amanda Carpenter; Margaret from Marvarid, also spelled Margot, Marit, and Maeb..or as JB spells it, Mab.
Time travel + location of sidhe table + eternal regret of Harry … Molly is Mab.
As to the rest of the queens, I suspect they came later actually, (Mab says she IS Sidhe, not she IS A sidhe.)…Molly recruited them to balance her out, and end the ice age she accidentally started.
Or as others have suggested, her personality split into pieces..but im in favor of the recruiting idea.

Enjoy disproving.

This is a neat theory --- but how do you account for the Mothers?

A Rite of Ascension might give you enough power to equal (or create) Mab, but Mother Winter and Mother Summer seem *vastly* beyond Mab and Titania.

Where do they fit in?

Offline mid_life_crisis

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 04, 2010, 03:47:07 AM »

A Rite of Ascension might give you enough power to equal (or create) Mab, but Mother Winter and Mother Summer seem *vastly* beyond Mab and Titania.

Where do they fit in?
Or as others have suggested, her personality split into pieces
Maybe her ascension ritual was that powerful.  So much power that her psyche fragmented from the effort of containing it all and over time her different avatars, if you will, forgot that they were once one being.

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 04, 2010, 04:03:22 PM »

Where do they fit in?

a running hypothesis is:

her time travel was accidental, and either her eixting/ ritual effect caused the last ice age (100,000+ ya) or she ascended to end it (75000 ya), and that the later queens were added in to help restor balance.

this is based on:

Harry will casue a time travel accident
Harry will vastly regret his bonding to the isle
Mab's words could be interpeted to mean she wasa the first sidhe. Now some believe she was speeking poetically, but im not sure Mab is that peotic...

as to Molly unconciously summoning the fetches, honeslt I just dont buy that. A likelier explanastion is Mab sent them after her in the fist place, to get PG rollling...all of which lends support to my insane idea.

Offline Landing

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 04, 2010, 04:14:00 PM »
No Molly was sent even further back, the whole ascension ritual involved the killing of all the dinosaurs on the earth. It was such a powerful magic that she had the create the Mothers to contain part of the power. the mothers are really just crude constructs. That's why we don't really see them doing much to influence the world. Molly, now calling herself Mab, created Titania at some point in all that time to have someone to compete with so she wouldn't kill herself from boredom. Molly is also the reason for the evolution of mankind which she encouraged in order to bring about herself and for something to do with all her time.   ;D ;)
Purveyor of the theory that the overarching plot of the Dresdenverse is that its all the dinosaur's fault.

DISCLAIMER: What Duck's says but funnier.