Author Topic: DISPROVE THIS  (Read 107854 times)

Offline Drizzt VS Kyler

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: DISPROVE THIS
« Reply #270 on: June 22, 2010, 01:23:01 AM »
I am so amused that people seem to be giving this theory serious thought. 
yea realy this is strange how did she turn inti a demi god in the last 5 mins

Offline cass

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 22, 2010, 02:03:15 AM »
Mab is powerful on par with some lesser deities and the archangels.
Ms. Duck kindly threw a monkey wrench into the gears of reality by suggesting (in a thread, called, IIRC, "DISPROVE THIS" (caps included)) that Mab was, originally, Molly Carpenter.  (Molly would have to have been thrown quite a ways backward in time, then done a some sort of ascension rite to become one of the Queens.)

So.
That's how we got to Molly being a demigod.
Crazy. But, well, try to conclusively disprove it!

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
  • Duck of The Black Court
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 22, 2010, 04:14:36 AM »
It has two things going for it realy..

1) the prophecies that Harry will: truly regret bonding too demonreach. Harry will someday break all the laws, including time travel.

2) It explains a lot of the little details about Mab. What she knew, when, how she predicted things from happening, how she knew about Little Chicago, why she 'borrowed' it in turn coat, etc..
Yeah, but Germans and Hungarians don't pull people's theories out of their sockets when they're challenged.  Ducks are known to do that.

That's been disabled. But I can still CALL you Fup Duck. -Shecky

Offline Lordsothe

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 22, 2010, 05:22:25 AM »
Did I miss something?

Since when does Mab need to be any other than Mab?  Same with Titania, for that matter...

Offline nthnclls

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 22, 2010, 12:12:21 PM »
It has two things going for it realy..

1) the prophecies that Harry will: truly regret bonding too demonreach. Harry will someday break all the laws, including time travel.

2) It explains a lot of the little details about Mab. What she knew, when, how she predicted things from happening, how she knew about Little Chicago, why she 'borrowed' it in turn coat, etc..

Do we know that it was her that "borrowed" it?

And Lordsothe, this is all pretty much a joke.  There was another 16+ page thread that spawned this one.
Corpsetaker was a psychotic, body-stealing, mind-penetrating, ghoul-enlisting, power-craving asshole, but he had a certain charm about him.
You can plan a pretty picnic, but you can't predict the weather.

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 22, 2010, 01:47:08 PM »
Well sort of a joke. 

Here is where it all came from:
JB has written that we all have missed two major clue bats in turn coat, and quite a few of us went gonzo trying to figure out what they are. I Believe it was He Whom Walks who first noted that in turn coat, when Harry is searching for Thomas, he does not use his most obvious tool, little Chicago. In fact, it’s not even mentioned in the book at all, unlike every other book when it is used or not, only referred too as a ‘tarp covered table.’
Second, Harry has nasty headaches throughout the entire book. Now there are several ideas about these headaches, many of them involving his brain damage, but especially in light of his not having them in changes, it seems clear these headaches are cause by someone messing with his head, just like the headaches he got in small favor when Mab messed with his head… hmmm…
Third, someone has messed with little Chicago before, during proven guilty, when Mab was involved oh so strangely with Molly. (more on that later.)
So, this led some of to speculate Mab had messed with Little Chicago again, or at least made Harry and Bob forget it existed at all. But Why?
Removing Little Chicago prevents Harry from finding Shaggy and Thomas directly. It has several results, but the largest is it forces Harry to bond with Demonreach, something that JB has written he ‘will deeply regret later.’ Note that Mab, at this point, has considerable other options; She could, for example, have just walked in and offered Harry the winter knight job in return for her help rescuing Thomas. Or unleashed Lea. And those are just the unsubtle options.
Ergo, if we follow this logic, Demonreach is important to Mab, and it is important to her that Harry have it. Why? Well, many possibilities, but in my scenario, it is because Demonreach is the earthly location of the sidhe table (it is directly below it, remember summer knight); this is where, 75,000 years ago, a mortal wizard ascended to become Mab, causing the last major ice age. ( And creating that lovely source of permanent dark magic the island’s warden protects.)
It all came together one night when I was really tired and remembered JB had said this:
‘Well its one of the Laws (time travel) and Harry hasn’t broken it yet, so he will have too.’
So we have Mab, who knows way too much about what is going on and what will happen in the future, who can walk right thru all of Harry’s wards anytime she wants, who forced Harry into the position of Demonreach, somehow predicting that he would take that option…
We have Lea, quite interested in Molly, even back when she was a kid.
We have the entire darn book of Proven Guilty.
We have Molly, whom has powers of illusion, enchantment, and mind control.
We have Mab, whom was probably human once, quite legendary for her illusions, enchantments, and mind controls.
And we have Margaret Katherine Amanda Carpenter; Margaret from Marvarid, also spelled Margot, Marit, and Maeb..or as JB spells it, Mab.
Time travel + location of sidhe table + eternal regret of Harry … Molly is Mab.
As to the rest of the queens, I suspect they came later actually, (Mab says she IS Sidhe, not she IS A sidhe.)…Molly recruited them to balance her out, and end the ice age she accidentally started.
Or as others have suggested, her personality split into pieces..but im in favor of the recruiting idea.

Enjoy disproving.

Yeah, but Germans and Hungarians don't pull people's theories out of their sockets when they're challenged.  Ducks are known to do that.

Offline OpticChaos

• Posty McPostington
  • Vive Ri e Ama
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 22, 2010, 02:52:39 PM »
Well sort of a joke. 

(Long Explination)

Enjoy disproving.

Ok I was all on board with the rediculous idea port of call on this theory, but that makes it logical. Damn . . .

*Must now go reasses all her theories from the books.*
Glad to be back. Missed this place terribly!

Offline cass

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 22, 2010, 03:02:29 PM »
See?  SEE?
Now you've been sucked in.  ;D

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 22, 2010, 03:07:05 PM »
fear the Duck

Her Bill doth (ahem) well.

;D

Offline snowbank

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 22, 2010, 07:18:24 PM »
Well sort of a joke. 

JB has written that we all have missed two major clue bats in turn coat, and quite a few of us went gonzo trying to

snip...

and end the ice age she accidentally started.
Or as others have suggested, her personality split into pieces..but im in favor of the recruiting idea.

Enjoy disproving.

Excellent post, Ms. Duck. However I'm not fond of that idea, so I may just go start rereading Twilight into eternity. It is a devilishly clever idea, though.  :-*

ALIEN SPACE BATS!!!!!!!!

Offline Scop

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 22, 2010, 07:30:35 PM »
Okay, then where do Mother Winter and Mother Summer fit into all this?

By the way, about 75,000 years ago (or so) is when the Genetic Bottleneck occured.  That's the time when they back track all the human genes and found out about 75,000 years ago, something happened and there were suddenly only about 1000 humans left on Earth.   Must have been one HELL of an ascension spell for Mab :)

Offline GWPfark

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 22, 2010, 07:38:18 PM »
Okay, then where do Mother Winter and Mother Summer fit into all this?

By the way, about 75,000 years ago (or so) is when the Genetic Bottleneck occured.  That's the time when they back track all the human genes and found out about 75,000 years ago, something happened and there were suddenly only about 1000 humans left on Earth.   Must have been one HELL of an ascension spell for Mab :)

NO NO NO that is when the Survivors from the colonies landed.
"By human standards, if she was any flakier you could pour milk on her and call her breakfast."

Offline Scop

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 22, 2010, 08:04:43 PM »
... and they were all voted off the planet save MAB!

I'm finding it rather spookie that Little Chicago's missing and Harry dosen't know.  I just figured it was under the tarp, but did find it odd he didn't use it.

I'm imagining this in a role playing situation
Player 1: My brother's missing and he's in trouble.  I'll just use Little Chicago to find him.
GM: What's Little Chicago
Player 1: My replica of Chicago I spent all that time building.  It's sitting on that table over there.
GM:  All that's sitting on that table is a tarp... and that's all you remember ever being there.

So either it was under the tarp and he didn't "notice" it, or someone nicked it along with all his memories of it.  I like the idea of it being nicked.  That way it still exists and wasn't burnt up in the house fire.  Eck! would real Chicago have burnt up if Little Chicago did?  It has been described as a voodoo doll of Chicago before.

Offline sanchez

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 22, 2010, 08:56:49 PM »
i dont think so since it only worked when harry was pouring magic, and his mind into it
He writa da book to earna da monie to buya da bread to getta da strength to writa da book... :)

Offline Scop

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 22, 2010, 09:22:39 PM »
Okay, good.  No accidental fires in Chicago.

But who could have grabbed Harry's memory... okay, who couldn't have is a better question.
The Nickleheads had him when they dragged him from the lake after the Aquarium thingy.  They may have done something then?