Author Topic: DISPROVE THIS  (Read 107735 times)

Offline Krymzin

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: DISPROVE THIS
« Reply #165 on: June 03, 2010, 04:59:28 PM »
Mab is actually Murphy?
She found out Molly was going back in time, and she went back in too.  Murphy beat Molly to the Winter Queen, so Molly took Summer Queen.  This is why they fight all the time.  It's 5000+ year spat over who gets Harry.

They should've just went on the Jerry Springer show to sort this all out. Would've went faster.

Wait, what was it in the Dresdenverse? Oh! The Larry Fowler show! I think that was it.

Offline Aakaakaak

• Posty McPostington
  • Kittens taste great and stay crunchy in milk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 03, 2010, 05:01:15 PM »
Mab is actually Murphy?
She found out Molly was going back in time, and she went back in too.  Murphy beat Molly to the Winter Queen, so Molly took Summer Queen.  This is why they fight all the time.  It's 5000+ year spat over who gets Harry.

I'm envisioning a very bad episode of Time Cops....
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Clarke
"Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology." - Niven
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Neurovore
"Sufficiently advanced technology my ass" - Dresden

Offline nthnclls

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 03, 2010, 07:48:17 PM »
Soi it all worked out for the best in the end, because Plan 9 rocks.

It was enough to cause one of the worlds darkest quasigods ever, and you're saying it ROCKS?  >:(
Corpsetaker was a psychotic, body-stealing, mind-penetrating, ghoul-enlisting, power-craving asshole, but he had a certain charm about him.
You can plan a pretty picnic, but you can't predict the weather.

Offline ballplayer72

• Posty McPostington
  • sweet i love being a pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 03, 2010, 07:53:41 PM »
I'm envisioning a very bad episode of Time Cops....

This implies that there was a GOOD episode of time cops.... which is blasphemy  ;D
Only a dumb SOB brings a knife to a gunfight

Offline Aakaakaak

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 03, 2010, 09:18:16 PM »
I was going for the "even worse than normal bad time cops".
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Neurovore

Tharios

« Reply #170 on: June 03, 2010, 09:41:50 PM »
On the topic of Mab having never been able to lie before even if she'd been human because of the "the stars will fall from the...blah...blah...blah" line, it's irrelevant.

It's a matter of ambiguity versus specificity.  If she had said that and added "again" at the end of the line, it would not be ambiguous.  We would KNOW that she had lied before at some time.  If she had included at the proper point in the statement "ever," it would not be ambiguous.  We would KNOW that she had never lied before at any time.  As it stands, by adding neither term nor any term synonymous with them, the entire statement is absolutely ambiguous as to whether or not she ever has lied BEFORE making that statement...most presumably during a time when she may not have actually been Fae.  By her statement we can only derive certainty that she WILL NOT lie from then...we can not determine from it that she HAS NOT lied before then.  Considering the Fae propensity toward wordplay and Mab's personal affinity for it, it's not at all reasonable to assume such a certainty without knowing with additional certainty that she has in fact always been Fae.

Now...as for the theory itself of Molly being Mab...I find it highly interesting, and I can't really disprove it.  But, it doesn't quite feel right to me.  Possible yes, but I'm gonna say my opinion is that it probably isn't the case.  Sure be interesting if I'm wrong though...poor Harry.

Oh, one last thing to add to the mix...Harry did dump a pitcher of ice water over her when she tried to get in his pants the first time...

Offline ballplayer72

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 03, 2010, 09:42:29 PM »
I was going for the "even worse than normal bad time cops".

ah.. well thats koscher.... just know the Inquisition has its eye on you  >:(   ;)

Offline Aakaakaak

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 03, 2010, 09:44:05 PM »
Will Torquemada be there? How about Mel Brooks?

Offline ballplayer72

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 03, 2010, 09:47:53 PM »
Will Torquemada be there? How about Mel Brooks?

hey hey hey!  I'll be doing the Inquisiting here, you strap yourself to that iron maiden and think about what you've done  ;D

Offline Aakaakaak

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 04, 2010, 01:20:47 AM »

hey hey hey!  I'll be doing the Inquisiting here, you strap yourself to that iron maiden and think about what you've done  ;D

MMMM, Mollyfied by potatoes....

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
  • Duck of The Black Court
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 05, 2010, 03:30:09 AM »
hey with all this time travel stuff are we gonna give our poor timeline gnome an anurysim?

75000 BSF Molly tuns 20..
10 BSF Molly born...

jokes aside the theory does give some new interpretaions to what happened in PG
Yeah, but Germans and Hungarians don't pull people's theories out of their sockets when they're challenged.  Ducks are known to do that.

That's been disabled. But I can still CALL you Fup Duck. -Shecky

Offline cass

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 05, 2010, 04:25:14 AM »
I...don't think I want to disprove your theory.

Too awesome.   So farfetched and twisted, but...I could see it going like that.   Which is a truly scary thought.

I need chocolate. Lots of chocolate.

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 05, 2010, 10:10:01 AM »

No, because quite frankly I consider myself alot smarter than most of the populace and able to get away with (ie NOT GET CAUGHT AT) a great many crimes and societal taboos if I engaged in them.   My first thought isn't "but what if i get caught and they put me in federal pound me in the butthole jail?" its "how could I ever look at myself in the mirror after I did that?" followed by "plus if you didn't do it right you'd get caught."
Its an afterthought not a main cause.

I like the irony of this statement made by someone who claims to be more moral and righteous than the average person.

Personally, I will admit that I am a law abiding, "good" citizen because I fear consequences.  Whether it be in this life or the one after, I don't want to answer for bad things I do.

I think a lot of people are just not self-aware or honest enough to admit it.  With absolute power, I would do terrible, terrible things.  Perhaps wonderful things too... the funny thing about this world is the way perspective shapes our views.

For instance, say I ascended to godhood.  If I were to annihilate all the Arabs in the Gaza strip, Israelis would think I was awesome.  If I did the same to the Israelis, the Arabs would think I was an angel.  The point I am making is that there is no possible way for anyone to appear "good" to everyone.  I mean heck, even those who believe in God and worship Him still bitch about him "taking" so and so due to cancer.

Get me?
Myself: If I were in her(Murphy's) position, I would have studied my ass off on the supernatural and rigged up special weapons to deal with them.  Murphy on the other hand just plans to overpower bad guys with the angst of her short woman's syndrome and blame all resulting failures on Harry.

Offline Curly

• Posty McPostington
  • Roar!!! *Coughcough*
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 05, 2010, 10:41:43 AM »
I like the irony of this statement made by someone who claims to be more moral and righteous than the average person.

Personally, I will admit that I am a law abiding, "good" citizen because I fear consequences.  Whether it be in this life or the one after, I don't want to answer for bad things I do.

I think a lot of people are just not self-aware or honest enough to admit it.  With absolute power, I would do terrible, terrible things.  Perhaps wonderful things too... the funny thing about this world is the way perspective shapes our views.

For instance, say I ascended to godhood.  If I were to annihilate all the Arabs in the Gaza strip, Israelis would think I was awesome.  If I did the same to the Israelis, the Arabs would think I was an angel.  The point I am making is that there is no possible way for anyone to appear "good" to everyone.  I mean heck, even those who believe in God and worship Him still bitch about him "taking" so and so due to cancer.

Get me?

And so you think that Harry ...? ;)
;) unless explicitly stated otherwise

Quote from: Neurovore
Why are you assuming it has to be heartbreaking ?

Offline snowbank

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 05, 2010, 12:24:39 PM »
They should've just went on the Jerry Springer show to sort this all out. Would've went faster.

I just like this idea. I'm kind of 'meh' on the Mab/Molly timetraveling thing.
ALIEN SPACE BATS!!!!!!!!