Author Topic: Funny section of a campaign  (Read 1644 times)

Offline DesertCoyote

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Funny section of a campaign
« on: May 22, 2010, 09:10:44 AM »
This ties in to a theme that in people in our city go missing routinely.

While off on some side quest, a pixie named . . . . I'm not telling you, but we'll call her Scoot, Scoot appears suddenly and demands payment on a debt the players are currently unaware of.  The players had enough magical sense to know that Scoot couldn't directly lie to them and they must somehow have gained a debt to her.

My players ended up losing a social combat against Scoot.  As a result, the only info about the debt they got was "There are no air holes in the box!" and Scoot disappears quickly looking a bit worried.   The info would have been slightly more informative if they'ed won...

My players continued about their business with the side quest and ended up getting jumped by weeping angels (see a thread I posted a few days ago) and shot back in time (to post civil war era Texas) and are now suspected of being lawbreakers by the wardens.

My players ended up turning themselves in, and after a consulting with the gatekeeper, a warden that soulgazed them, the senior council ostensibly agree that my players aren't law breakers and let them go, but do not help them get back to their own time.

Scoot, 11 inches tall, has been watching the trial and was there they decided to turn themselves in.  After pooling their collective lack of resources a hundred years before any of them are born, they agree to a deal they broker with Scoot.

My players get back to their own time.

Scoot gets a favor with a few conditions:
Will take no more than 15 minutes of their time.
Will break no mortal laws.
Will break no laws of magic.
Will not antagonize supernatural nations

Scoot leads them into the Nevernever.  A small army of little folk are standing guard over a linen closet that looks to be of mortal make.  For all intents and purposes, they're treating the linen closet as a fort.

Scoot shoves my players into her stronghold, and does the funny time thing of the Nevernever.  Scoot is only powerful enough to do that to the inside of her box.  It's a very cramped box.

Suddenly Scoot opens the box looking concerned and says "whew... Well, I guess you didn't need air holes anyway."

The party emerges from the box in their own time.  They also notice that Scoot has shrunk from 11 inches to 9.  Also, half of her guards from around her linen closet aren't there.

Scoot calls in her favor and leads them to an unfamiliar city.  Another person meets the party and Scoot there and provides a bag of nails.  Scoot commands the party to dump the nails outside the basement windows of an old building and at the bottom of a staircase leading down.  While they're trying to figure out where they are and how to get home, a bus drives by with Chicago Transit Authority plastered all over one side.

After my guys lost control of their bowels... out of character... they don't know Harry... they start reviewing the terms of their deal with Scoot and decide to leave a note telling the resident of the basement apartment about the nails and that they were under oath to put them there, and that he might want a magnet.

Offline Archmage_Cowl

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Funny section of a campaign
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 07:23:38 PM »
That... is made of so much win. Absolutely amazing ;D
"I who stand in the full light of the heavens, command thee, who opens the gates to hell. Come forth Divine Lightning! This ends now! Indignation!" Jade Curtis Tales of the abyss

Offline GoldenH

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 10:16:45 PM »
agreed :D

Offline Mattastic

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 05:51:25 AM »
Rad!
Was that in the books?

Offline DesertCoyote

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 06:37:16 AM »
No, but I'd be hella flattered if a note on Harry's door about the nails somehow got included in one of those short stories JB puts out.  I'd LOL so hard if the story starts off with Harry stepping on a nail and getting stuck with a mild physical consequence "stepped on a nail" for the rest of the story.