Author Topic: Anyone have a good source on the Battle of Alesia? Caesar vs. Gauls?  (Read 1763 times)

Offline neofyte

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Having difficulty finding authoritative source material.  Anyone have any ideas?  :)
My ego is like a kid brother.  He follows me around, gets in the way, and sometimes embarrasses the heck out of me.  But I've learned to love the little guy.  After all, he means well.  And he responds better to my love than my loathing.

Offline Kali

• Posty McPostington
  • Redhead
    • View Profile
Well... not to be pedantic but have you checked out what Caesar had to say about them?  De Bello Gallico is available all over the place, translated for your convenience.
We don't get just one life.  We get as many as we can cram into one lifetime.

Visit my page! JessaLynch.com

Offline neofyte

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Yes, I often do overlook the obvious.  Thanks tons, Kali  :)
My ego is like a kid brother.  He follows me around, gets in the way, and sometimes embarrasses the heck out of me.  But I've learned to love the little guy.  After all, he means well.  And he responds better to my love than my loathing.

Offline the neurovore of Zur-En-Aargh

• O. M. G.
  • Riding eternal, shiny and Firefox
    • View Profile
Well... not to be pedantic but have you checked out what Caesar had to say about them?  De Bello Gallico is available all over the place, translated for your convenience.

While it's useful, it's also an absolute masterpiece of propaganda, so you might not want to take it as your sole source if you can find other options.
Mildly OCD. Please do not troll.

"What do you mean, Lawful Silly isn't a valid alignment?"

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

Offline trboturtle

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Trboturtle's writing pad
You could look for Osprey publishing http://www.ospreypublishing.com/ancient_world/

They specilize in military subjects from all eras -- uniforms, weapons, troops, battles (The above link is to the ancient world section of the website.) They should have what you're looking for....

Craig
Author of 25+ stories for Battlecorps.com, the official website for Battletech canon stories.
Co-author of "Outcasts Ops: African Firestorm," "Outcast Ops: Red Ice," & "Outcast Ops: Watchlist"
http://thebattletechstate.blogspot.com