Author Topic: Some rules questions  (Read 1790 times)

Offline stranger

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Some rules questions
« on: May 14, 2010, 12:05:33 PM »
1. Do the bonus physical stress boxes from high endurance, inhuman toughness and hulking all stack?

So a creature with Supernatural toughness, hulking, and good endurance would have:

4 + 4 + 2 = 10 boxes of physical stress, 4 of which do not count against the catch?

2. Does a weapon rating stack with the bonus shifts of damage granted by inhuman strength?

3. Would a Nian's weakness to fireworks (As listed on the creature's wiki page) count as a +3 or +4 catch?

I know the last one is ST fiat, but I would welcome opinions on it nonetheless.

Thank you.

Offline SoulCatcher78

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • dA page
Re: Some rules questions
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 12:11:18 PM »
1. I think that is correct
2. Yes...this is what makes creatures with built in weapon values (Claws) and above normal stregnth so dangerous.
3. Dunno, linkage to this wiki critter?

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 12:27:30 PM »
1. Yes they do. Look at Ogre stats in OW for an example.
2. Yep, again look at various creature stat blocks for examples (Damocles Ravenborn, just to pick one at random).
3. Well, it depends on whether everyone in the supernatural community knows about it or not. If everyone knows it's +4, if not it's +3.

Offline stranger

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 02:04:48 PM »
3. Dunno, linkage to this wiki critter?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nian

The tradition began when a Nian attacked a village. After the attack, the villagers discussed how to make the Nian leave them alone. Eventually they came up with a plan where drums, plates and empty bowls were hit and firecrackers were thrown, causing loud banging sounds that would scare off the Nian.

Now, I was going to make the creature such that dislike of loud sounds was an aspect to be compelled, and fireworks or vicinity to fireworks were the catch. Is this reasonable?

Offline SoulCatcher78

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • dA page
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 02:16:29 AM »
Fireworks would be somewhat uncommon depending on where you are in the world (although this creature seems specific to Asia and the Chinese government might not take kindly to anyone running around with things that go boom).  I would go with any loud noise but if you want to increase the effectiveness you could add light (simulate both effects with magic).

Offline stranger

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 08:55:08 AM »
Fireworks would be somewhat uncommon depending on where you are in the world (although this creature seems specific to Asia and the Chinese government might not take kindly to anyone running around with things that go boom).  I would go with any loud noise but if you want to increase the effectiveness you could add light (simulate both effects with magic).

We have considered changing the catch to a more general "explosions", which would cover grenades etc. and magical simulation of fireworks also.With regards to the Chinese government, the game is an American one (Georgia, to be specific).

Thank you to everyone who helped me by replying to this thread.