Author Topic: Idea for Physical Immunity: The Observer  (Read 1363 times)

Offline KOFFEYKID

• Conversationalist
  • Im BLEEDING Caffeine!
    • View Profile
Idea for Physical Immunity: The Observer
« on: May 12, 2010, 06:07:26 AM »
I was thinking of interesting catches for physical immunity, and I had one that I thought was really really good, how about this

The Catch: Purely Neutral Entity (+6, since it limits you to doing NOTHING)

You are only immune to everything as long as you don't intentionally interfere with the events happening around you. As soon as you get take any action against anybody in any conflict, you loose the benefit of Physical Immunity for the entire scene.

-edit-

On the upside, I dont think you'll satisfy the catch if you defend yourself from an attack, IE, they are gunning for you.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 06:11:02 AM by KOFFEYKID »

Offline Bosh

• Conversationalist
  • Seoulite
    • View Profile
Re: Idea for Physical Immunity: The Observer
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 06:17:45 AM »
as long as you don't intentionally interfere with the events happening around you
How would you interpret this? There are a lot of "actions" you can take in FATE that don't require any physical interaction.

Offline paul_Harkonen

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 06:23:57 AM »
"Intentionally interfere" doesn't limit itself to simply physical actions.  Presumably this would be a discussion with your GM, but it seems to me to be pretty cut and dry.  If you take actions to help or hinder (blocks, maneuvers, attacks) of any kind (social, mental, physical) you lose your immunity.  It would be an incredibly interesting NPC to have stand by (yoink!) but not a particularly interesting PC as you would never be able to actually involve yourself in the scenario, just stand back and watch (remember that telling people info to help them is still interfering).

Offline KOFFEYKID

• Conversationalist
  • Im BLEEDING Caffeine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 06:34:23 AM »
Paul has the jist of it, just remember that the observer would be able to make a huge difference by interfering at just the right moment, probably paying fate points to ignore a compel against his high concept to do so.

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 08:15:03 AM »
That looks about right. You're not usually going to have it, for reasons others have stated, but on the other hand, it's Physical Immunity for only -2 Refresh, and it hardly needs to be your character's only capability.