Poll

Which City are you more interested in Creating?  Answers will be tallied on Tuesday.

San Francisco
Miami

Author Topic: Undertown RPG ~ San Francisco: Shaking the Foundations  (Read 65689 times)

Offline Fyrchick

• Posty McPostington
  • Overkill is Underrated.
    • View Profile
Re: Undertown RPG ~ San Francisco: Shaking the Foundations
« Reply #345 on: April 25, 2012, 08:52:50 PM »
We don't have to donate at all. Its supposed to be free when it is released for real.  But if we do donate (25$) then we can use it sooner- beta test. It will also have chat and roller in the same window, even if we dont use the other options. But Mij can also upload the maps of buildings and stuff like that so we all have immediate reference.

Since we have been looking for option this might be an option.
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Offline Soulless Mystic5523

• Posty McPostington
  • Icon lovingly crafted by ButMadNNW
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: April 26, 2012, 12:33:30 AM »
I just donated a $1 so that I get a fancy badge next to my name. They talk about adding in a FATE system which is perfect. Also have you guys seen the DFRPG character creator that one of the board guys made?
WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN.

Death    Reaper Man   Terry Pratchett

DV SoullessMystic5523 V1.2 YR7 FR5 BK++ RP+++ JB++ TH++ WG CL++ SW+ BC+ MC---- SH[Murphy++, Molly+]

Offline Mij

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Undertown!
« Reply #347 on: May 03, 2012, 04:25:09 AM »
Undertowners!

I went ahead and sponsored Roll20 at the Hero level.  That means I get to participate in the beta testing and have a say in the development of the product.  I'm going to start setting up my campaign soon.  I'll keep you posted on how things are progressing.

Mij
Your Laundry skill is Poor (-1), and the difficulty here is Great (+4) owing to old machines, poor lighting, and panty-stealing neighbors.  Roll the Fudge Dice, please.

Offline Fyrchick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 03, 2012, 07:23:59 PM »
Undertowners!

I went ahead and sponsored Roll20 at the Hero level.  That means I get to participate in the beta testing and have a say in the development of the product.  I'm going to start setting up my campaign soon.  I'll keep you posted on how things are progressing.

Mij

you are the bestest GM ev-ah!
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 04, 2012, 12:35:04 AM »
Does that make me the bestest player ev-ah since I'm the one who pointed him towards Roll20? ;D

DV SoullessMystic5523 V1.2 YR7 FR5 BK++ RP+++ JB++ TH++ WG CL++ SW+ BC+ MC---- SH[Murphy++, Molly+]

Offline Mij

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Undertown!
« Reply #350 on: May 09, 2012, 12:45:06 AM »
Undertowners!

So this weekend I played with the Roll20 application.  First impression: it's a pretty cool tool.  I put in the City Lights Coffee House (and Accorded Neutral Territory), and made some observations based on the experience:

- The application has a library of tokens, tiles, etc, that is really great.  It doesn't have all the shapes I need (for example, I couldn't find a quarter circle to do the stage) but it certainly has a lot.  I'm also sure the collection will grow as more users contribute (i.e. after it becomes available to the general public).

- I encountered some initial difficulties because I couldn't find some things (like the "delete" option for objects).  In other words, the application has a bit of a "learning curve," but nothing dramatic.  Also, players shouldn't have to worry about that.

- After drawing the map (minus the stage) the first time, I closed out and then re-opened only to discover that my stacked objects had changed their ordering.  This is an issue that has already been raised, and is being worked.

- The page options menu is not persistent; in other words, if I set a scale for the grid, the disable it and later re-enable it, the grid doesn't remember my last setting.

- There is no current ability to flip graphic objects.  It would be handy for things like doors.

None of these, by the way, should interfere with your experience because players don't (in general) have to concern themselves with making the maps and such.  I may be asking some of you to try logging into the game soon.  I'd like to get your feedback from a player perspective.

Mij
Your Laundry skill is Poor (-1), and the difficulty here is Great (+4) owing to old machines, poor lighting, and panty-stealing neighbors.  Roll the Fudge Dice, please.

Offline Fyrchick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 09, 2012, 12:58:06 AM »
I suppose we can try it....  :P ::)

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 09, 2012, 01:03:34 AM »
Yay! And it sounds like something I would have fun playing with. I love building maps and whatnot. I played my lil sis's Sims game just to build houses.

Offline synobal

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 09, 2012, 10:56:51 PM »
Looking forward to the game tonight! Also thank you Fyr for the shirt it just got here today!

Offline Mij

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Undertown!
« Reply #354 on: May 10, 2012, 04:10:59 AM »
Undertowners!

Just a quick update.  I'm currently finishing up the last few NPCs for the setting.  Then I'll probably put a copy on the website so y'all can look and make any comments.  I think we can have this thing wrapped up and released in the next week or two!

Thanks to everyone for all your thoughts, ideas, and most importantly, help in making this a reality.

Mij

Offline Mij

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Undertown!
« Reply #355 on: May 15, 2012, 01:42:42 AM »
Undertowners!

I am positively GIDDY with delight to announce that I have placed the FINAL DRAFT version of the San Francisco writeup on the MediaFire site!  Please feel free to download, read, and MAKE COMMENTS!

I anticipate going public with the setting in another week or so.

Again, thanks to all of you for the hard work, great ideas, and untold hours of fun we've had!

Mij

Offline Mij

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Undertown!
« Reply #356 on: May 20, 2012, 04:48:58 AM »
Undertowners!

The final, releasable version of the setting is ready!  It's been a long time coming, and there were times when I didn't think it would ever really happen.  Thanks to all of you for your ideas, your help, and of course, your time in the chat room playing!

I'm going to put a copy of the final product out on the website.  I'm also trying to figure out how to make it generally available.  More on that when I have something.

Looking forward to more adventures to come!

Mij

Offline Mij

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Undertown!
« Reply #357 on: May 20, 2012, 04:48:37 PM »
Undertowners (and all interested):

The final, releasable version of the San Francisco setting is now available for download!  I've put it on the group's regular archive website, but in a different folder that is publicly accessible.  So if you'd like to get a copy, please use the following link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ib7w1c3p5h759

We're releasing the setting under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported license, which means you're free to use it for your own campaigns or just for ideas.  And we'd love to hear from you if you download it!

Mij

Offline Fyrchick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 20, 2012, 06:19:16 PM »
Yay!
Perhaps a new thread for those who don't follow the San Francisco game?

Like in the Resources section or whatever?

Offline Mij

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Undertown!
« Reply #359 on: May 20, 2012, 07:23:27 PM »
Done.  I've put a new thread in the Resources section. 

Mij