Poll

Which City are you more interested in Creating?  Answers will be tallied on Tuesday.

San Francisco
Miami

Author Topic: Undertown RPG ~ San Francisco: Shaking the Foundations  (Read 66976 times)

Offline Mij

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Undertown!
Re: Undertown RPG ~ San Francisco: Shaking the Foundations
« Reply #240 on: April 27, 2011, 02:28:39 AM »
Also, as to the use of real world locations in our material, it should technically be covered under Fair Use.

I believe that about locations, Mystic, but what about people?  Should we give Lawrence a new name and slightly altered background?
Your Laundry skill is Poor (-1), and the difficulty here is Great (+4) owing to old machines, poor lighting, and panty-stealing neighbors.  Roll the Fudge Dice, please.

Offline Soulless Mystic5523

• Posty McPostington
  • Icon lovingly crafted by ButMadNNW
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 27, 2011, 02:47:42 AM »
Should still be covered under fair use as it is obviously a work of fiction.
WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN.

Death    Reaper Man   Terry Pratchett

DV SoullessMystic5523 V1.2 YR7 FR5 BK++ RP+++ JB++ TH++ WG CL++ SW+ BC+ MC---- SH[Murphy++, Molly+]

Offline Mij

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Undertown!
« Reply #242 on: April 29, 2011, 02:41:35 AM »
I had something to add, but it completely slipped my mind...
Your Laundry skill is Poor (-1), and the difficulty here is Great (+4) owing to old machines, poor lighting, and panty-stealing neighbors.  Roll the Fudge Dice, please.

Offline Mij

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Undertown!
« Reply #243 on: May 04, 2011, 06:30:47 AM »
Undertowners!

Plot twists galore tonight -- hope y'all are enjoying the ride as much as I am!

In other news, San Francisco is almost finished, so if you have any input or suggestions, get them into me, please.  I'm looking to have it finished in the next couple weeks.

Thanks to everyone who has helped make San Francisco, and I'm looking forward to seeing y'all wrap up the current adventure!

Mij

Offline Fyrchick

• Posty McPostington
  • Overkill is Underrated.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 06, 2011, 11:39:24 PM »
Undertowners!

Plot twists galore tonight -- hope y'all are enjoying the ride as much as I am!

In other news, San Francisco is almost finished, so if you have any input or suggestions, get them into me, please.  I'm looking to have it finished in the next couple weeks.

Thanks to everyone who has helped make San Francisco, and I'm looking forward to seeing y'all wrap up the current adventure!

Mij

First, Tory didn't do it.
Second, holy crap!
Third, naked burglary is always an option.

;)
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Offline Mij

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Undertown!
« Reply #245 on: May 08, 2011, 07:13:22 PM »
Undertowners:

There's a new version of the SF writeup out on the MediaFire site.  It's got some major additions / changes, so I'm especially keen to get y'all's input on it.

First, I've modified the last city theme/threat.  It's been bothering me for some time now, because it overlapped too much (in my opinion) with one of the points of conflict while kind of ignoring the others.  I've replaced it with a new threat (WITH FRIENDS LIKE THESE) that I believe better represents the points of conflict as a whole.  Let me know what you think.

Second, I am giddy with delight to announce that all the locations are now in the writeup -- in their (hopefully) finished form.  Again, please look them over and let me know if I've forgotten or otherwise missed anything.

Finally, I'll be adding in character descriptions in the coming week.  Assuming no (further) changes, that should make the document ready for public consumption.

Looking forward to tonight!
Mij

Offline Mij

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Undertown!
« Reply #246 on: May 08, 2011, 09:00:13 PM »

First, Tory didn't do it.
Second, holy crap!
Third, naked burglary is always an option.

LOL, Fyr

Offline paul_Harkonen

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 11, 2011, 03:56:31 AM »
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=212053520586917340205.0004a2f73c2d4227e4007

For those who are interested, a rough outline of the neighborhoods in SanFran as done by someone who has been there twice in his life.

*edited to fix the link.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 04:01:19 AM by paul_Harkonen »

Offline Mij

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Undertown!
« Reply #248 on: May 11, 2011, 04:01:10 AM »
That's great work paul!  Certainly much better than the one I made  ;D

Mij

Offline Mij

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Undertown!
« Reply #249 on: May 19, 2011, 06:18:22 AM »
Undertowners!

Things are rapidly moving toward resolution in our latest adventure!  We've already had a showdown in the back alleys of Chinatown, with a side of really creepy tunnel.  Now, we've got a fight at the Ghoul Caves brewing, and it may be a come-one-come-all event!  I don't know what will happen, but I'm definitely looking forward to finding out!

Mij

Offline Aine

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 19, 2011, 11:04:28 PM »
Sorry I missed Tuesday, the pain meds are making my judgement of time a little loopy.

Anyway, Enj let me know he is having issues getting into Undertown, while I am not having any problem. Anyone else experiencing Undertown difficulties?

Offline Fyrchick

• Posty McPostington
  • Overkill is Underrated.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 19, 2011, 11:30:36 PM »
Sorry I missed Tuesday, the pain meds are making my judgement of time a little loopy.

Anyway, Enj let me know he is having issues getting into Undertown, while I am not having any problem. Anyone else experiencing Undertown difficulties?
Nope.
I remember Torv was having almost the same problem way back when. It is some kind of Java/flash/browser mismatch issue as best we could tell. The other option was using a proxy server, which for whatever reason solved an issue for me for a similar problem.
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Offline Mij

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Undertown!
« Reply #252 on: May 21, 2011, 03:32:47 AM »

Not a problem, Aine.  It's more important you feel better anyway.  ;D

Mij

Offline Mij

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Undertown!
« Reply #253 on: May 23, 2011, 06:28:31 AM »
Undertowners!

Another plotline in our adventure coming to a conclusion tonight with were-forms running rampant, mysterious fetishes, even more mysterious native american groups, and some of the finest roleplaying I've seen in a long time.  Good job to everyone!

We're almost through with this adventure, but there's still a lot of excitement yet to come.  I'm looking forward to it, and hope you are as well.

Mij

Offline Mij

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Undertown!
« Reply #254 on: May 31, 2011, 02:31:41 AM »
A special thank you tonight to Aine.  Thank you for updating the Undertown web page, but more personally, for making such nice comments about me.

Thank you.

The writeup is nearing completion, and as Fyr says, it's been a labor of love.  Keep checking for updates, as I try to put one out at least once a week.  Also, let me know of anything that I've missed!

Looking forward to the remainder of our current adventure!
Mij