Poll

Which City are you more interested in Creating?  Answers will be tallied on Tuesday.

San Francisco
Miami

Author Topic: Undertown RPG ~ San Francisco: Shaking the Foundations  (Read 67039 times)

Offline Soulless Mystic5523

• Posty McPostington
  • Icon lovingly crafted by ButMadNNW
    • View Profile
Re: Undertown RPG ~ San Francisco: Shaking the Foundations
« Reply #225 on: March 30, 2011, 12:40:48 AM »
I dunno, I'd rather think I was hot than cool. :P
WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN.

Death    Reaper Man   Terry Pratchett

DV SoullessMystic5523 V1.2 YR7 FR5 BK++ RP+++ JB++ TH++ WG CL++ SW+ BC+ MC---- SH[Murphy++, Molly+]

Offline Aine

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 08, 2011, 05:59:02 AM »
Be vewy vewy quiet...I'm hunting gnomes.

Nasty gnomeses. Hates them. Hates them we do...

Offline Mij

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Undertown!
« Reply #227 on: April 09, 2011, 05:06:06 AM »
Fyr and Aine:  Thank you.  I'm blushing.

I'm also considering starting a Gnome Liberation Front in San Francisco.
 ;D

Game on !
Your Laundry skill is Poor (-1), and the difficulty here is Great (+4) owing to old machines, poor lighting, and panty-stealing neighbors.  Roll the Fudge Dice, please.

Offline Fyrchick

• Posty McPostington
  • Overkill is Underrated.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 09, 2011, 04:26:17 PM »
Freakin' gnomes! They're everywhere... like sand in your underpants. Whatever happened to mandatory aerial spraying? Now look... they have infested the city with their little red hats and pitter-pattering feet. It's like cockroaches, only without the disgusting pincer things and chitinous bodies.
They must be eradicated. I hear the TSA has special machines to deal with this exact issue. (Other than just disemboweling them with spoons and the like, of course.)

The League of Gnomish Nations is no match for the Anit-Gnome Coalition. And the Liberation Front... what a bunch of sissies. Sheesh....
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Offline Aine

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 12, 2011, 03:44:41 AM »
Special machines. Who needs special machines? Disemboweling them with spoons was good enough in my day, consarnit, and it is good enough for the TSA, too!

*gets out flamethrower for the lawn gnomes*

Offline Mij

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Undertown!
« Reply #230 on: April 12, 2011, 04:35:38 AM »
*gets out flamethrower for the lawn gnomes*

Get off my lawn!
 ;D
Your Laundry skill is Poor (-1), and the difficulty here is Great (+4) owing to old machines, poor lighting, and panty-stealing neighbors.  Roll the Fudge Dice, please.

Offline Mij

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Undertown!
« Reply #231 on: April 25, 2011, 01:02:06 AM »
Gratuitous Bump.

;D

Offline devonapple

• Posty McPostington
  • Parkour to YOU!
    • View Profile
    • LiveJournal Account
« Reply #232 on: April 25, 2011, 08:41:56 PM »
Does this group happen to be in the Bay Area, or was it just the city your group selected?
"Like a voice, like a crack, like a whispering shriek
That echoes on like it’s carpet-bombing feverish white jungles of thought
That I’m positive are not even mine"

Blackout, The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets

Offline Fyrchick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 26, 2011, 03:52:57 AM »
Only one of us is on location. The rest are all over the place!
Game wise AND where we live.... ;)
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Offline Mij

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Undertown!
« Reply #234 on: April 26, 2011, 05:23:41 AM »
Does this group happen to be in the Bay Area, or was it just the city your group selected?

As it says in our campaign setting "Some of us actually live here.  The rest just enjoy making up stuff about it."

And to that I will add "and stalking it through Google Earth".

;D

Offline Aine

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 26, 2011, 05:39:25 AM »
As it says in our campaign setting "Some of us actually live here.  The rest just enjoy making up stuff about it."

And to that I will add "and stalking it through Google Earth".

;D

Especially Mij. *cough*

Offline Mij

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Undertown!
« Reply #236 on: April 26, 2011, 05:55:18 AM »
And speaking of the San Francisco setting:

UNDERTOWNERS (Past and Present):

The San Francisco writeup has truly been a team effort, and you should all be rightfully proud of it.  It's almost complete at this point, and several of you have mentioned that you would like it to be made available to other groups that may be interested in using it for their own campaigns.

If we're going to make that happen, then we need to decide/do some things:

1) I'd like to get everyone's consent to do it.  You all put work into the product, and I don't want to release it if you're not all willing.

2) I think we should put a Creative Commons License on it so that others can use it legally.  I'm leaning toward "Attribution Non-Commercial" myself, but I'm not a lawyer.  If you have another suggestion, please let me know.  You can check out the Creative Commons license at creativecommons.org.

3) I'm not sure, but I think the license requires a single point of contact.  If it's alright, I'll fill that role.

Please let me know what y'all think.  San Francisco should be completed in the near future.

Mij

Offline Fyrchick

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 26, 2011, 02:43:57 PM »
Ok.
 8)

Offline Mij

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Undertown!
« Reply #238 on: April 27, 2011, 12:00:09 AM »
Also if any of you are lawyers:

I have a concern about the setting as it's currently written.  It uses actual businesses and people (example: City Lights Bookstore and its owner Lawrence Ferlinghetti).  I'm comfortable with public locations and such, but I don't know if there are legal ramifications to using an actual business and/or person.

I'd like to leave San Francisco "as is", but we can make some tweaks if needed.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Mij

Offline Soulless Mystic5523

• Posty McPostington
  • Icon lovingly crafted by ButMadNNW
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 27, 2011, 12:35:46 AM »
I'm cool with it. But for one thing:

2) I think we should put a Creative Commons License on it so that others can use it legally.  I'm leaning toward "Attribution Non-Commercial" myself, but I'm not a lawyer.  If you have another suggestion, please let me know.  You can check out the Creative Commons license at creativecommons.org.

If its going to be licensed, then I think we should use the CC - BY - SA license rather than the non-commercial one. It reads :

Attribution-ShareAlike
CC BY-SA

This license lets others remix, tweak, and build upon your work even for commercial purposes, as long as they credit you and license their new creations under the identical terms. This license is often compared to “copyleft” free and open source software licenses. All new works based on yours will carry the same license, so any derivatives will also allow commercial use. This is the license used by Wikipedia, and is recommended for materials that would benefit from incorporating content from Wikipedia and similarly licensed projects.

Not really a huge difference, but as our source is technically a commercial source, this would allow them to use our material as well as other fans.

This is also the CC license used by Wikipedia and other similar things.

Also, as to the use of real world locations in our material, it should technically be covered under Fair Use.
WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN.

Death    Reaper Man   Terry Pratchett

DV SoullessMystic5523 V1.2 YR7 FR5 BK++ RP+++ JB++ TH++ WG CL++ SW+ BC+ MC---- SH[Murphy++, Molly+]