Author Topic: A Thread Actually About Dismissing Conjurations  (Read 1152 times)

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
A Thread Actually About Dismissing Conjurations
« on: April 26, 2010, 03:47:51 PM »
Can a spellcaster dismiss/dispel their own conjurations at will?  If not, what sort of action would it be?

(I'm thinking particularly of the case where you conjure up a dagger for the purposes of killing someone with it, and then turning the evidence into ectoplasmic goo.  Of course, if you get stopped by the cops along the way, you might want to turn it to goo right then.)

I'm pretty happy just handwaving it on the side of allowing it, but wondering if there's any explicit rules for it, or any explicit examples in the canon.

I'd make it a supplemental action at least. Though really, it's about removing the force of will that gave the object its form, so it's a lot like "stop paying attention". But I'd agree it's just a titch more deliberate than that, so supplemental action feels about right to me.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline RogerC

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread Actually About Dismissing Conjurations
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 04:54:30 PM »
Excellent; thanks!