Author Topic: The Cutoff  (Read 5542 times)

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
The Cutoff
« on: April 26, 2010, 03:06:16 PM »
I'm probably going to stop reading the message board after today as I work on the run-up to the printer this week. There's a LOT of energy getting thrown here -- some of it with a contentious rather than constructive edge to it -- and frankly taking the time to participate, respond, and where necessary fix the text is impeding my ability to get work done.

No game goes to press perfect, and this won't be an exception. I do think we've gotten it better than it would have been if it had gone to press three weeks ago when the preorder started, but some issues simply won't be resolved and -- in a few cases -- won't be viewed by Evil Hat as something that *needs* to be resolved in a general case. The tools are there to tweak the game to work for you at your table. Pursue that, with a passion, and our blessing.

But expect there to be a break from issuing Official Word on a lot of stuff because, well. We gots to get done.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline SaintAndSinner

• Conversationalist
  • Dresden Files Playtester (Bleeding Alpha)
    • View Profile
    • A Saint And A Sinner
Re: The Cutoff
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 03:53:40 PM »
Just get the game in my hot little hands and I'll be a very happy man.   ;D
"Before you speak, it is necessary for you to listen, for God speaks in the silence of the heart."
Blessed Mother Teresa, Ora Pro Nobis

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 04:01:57 PM »
Just get the game in my hot little hands and I'll be a very happy man.   ;D

You and me both, hombre.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.

Offline SaintAndSinner

• Conversationalist
  • Dresden Files Playtester (Bleeding Alpha)
    • View Profile
    • A Saint And A Sinner
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 04:11:26 PM »
You and me both, hombre.

I hope you get a chance to take at least a mini-vacation once this gets off.  Charge the batteries before the onslaught of attention once the physical book gets out there. 
"Before you speak, it is necessary for you to listen, for God speaks in the silence of the heart."
Blessed Mother Teresa, Ora Pro Nobis

Offline Nudge

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 04:16:15 PM »
I do think we've gotten it better than it would have been if it had gone to press three weeks ago when the preorder started, but some issues simply won't be resolved and -- in a few cases -- won't be viewed by Evil Hat as something that *needs* to be resolved in a general case. The tools are there to tweak the game to work for you at your table. Pursue that, with a passion, and our blessing.

Awesome.  I think the game is awesome, I think anywhere I didn't understand what you (the authors) were saying has been addressed, and I eagerly await the deadtree version. 

Thanks for putting the game together, for having the Early Bird version, and for reading and considering our questions.

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 04:37:40 PM »
I hope you get a chance to take at least a mini-vacation once this gets off.  Charge the batteries before the onslaught of attention once the physical book gets out there. 

Fingers crossed. I'm definitely taking SOME kind of time off, but I don't know if I'll manage that before Origins.
Fred Hicks

Offline SavageMage

• Participant
    • View Profile
    • The Savage Mage
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 04:45:48 PM »
I don't think I have the words to express my gratitude for all the love, hard work, and pure awesome that Evil Hat has poured into this project. You have my sincere appreciation for this Herculean effort and I hope you all take some time off to work off all those "Consequences" accumulated in the production of this tome :D

Offline Archmage_Cowl

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2010, 07:37:14 PM »
Thank you very much(and the rest of the staff who answers question too) for coming down to this board and answering all of our yappy questions ;D I speak for my entire group(all 7 of us) when i say you have been unbelivably helpful.

P.S. Good luck working off those consequences ;) and enjoy your break(if you can sneak one in there)
"I who stand in the full light of the heavens, command thee, who opens the gates to hell. Come forth Divine Lightning! This ends now! Indignation!" Jade Curtis Tales of the abyss

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2010, 09:06:30 PM »
Yeah, good luck on getting a break. You deserve it.  :)

And thank you once again for your prompt and extraordinarily helpful responses on a variety of questions. Truly. You rule, man.  8)

Offline Mattastic

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2010, 11:07:55 PM »
Go get your shit done!
Fred rawks da hizzouse!!

Offline Lanodantheon

• Conversationalist
  • A Wizard is as a Wizard does...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2010, 11:10:31 PM »
Good luck to you, sir.  :)
www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/the-emerald-city  (Nov 2012 Campaign of The Month)

fate-accelerated-star-wars-the-infinite-empire.obsidianportal.com/
(June 2016 Campaign of The Month)

My name is Lanodantheon Thul, Conjure that by your own risk....But first, you have be able to spell it...

Offline Biff Dyskolos

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2010, 11:24:15 PM »
So long and thanks for all the fish... um, I mean fate.

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2010, 01:29:39 AM »
HARD STOP. Any further problems with the text reported will end up in an errata document in all likelihood. The files go to the printer tomorrow.
Fred Hicks

Offline Tush Hog

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2010, 02:11:19 AM »
HARD STOP. Any further problems with the text reported will end up in an errata document in all likelihood. The files go to the printer tomorrow.
Congratulations, man!

How soon before us early bird folks might get our hands on the final draft PDFs?

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2010, 04:31:48 AM »
How soon before us early bird folks might get our hands on the final draft PDFs?

1-2 weeks.
Fred Hicks