Author Topic: In case anybody's planning on playing online...  (Read 2794 times)

Offline Ghsdkgb

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
In case anybody's planning on playing online...
« on: April 25, 2010, 06:07:53 PM »
...whether play-by-post or chatroom or Skype or whatever, I'm going to be running an online game soon, so I made up some .doc versions of the character sheets, that can be typed into for ease of sharing:

http://rapidshare.com/files/380072362/Dresden.zip.html

So, in case any of you want them, I've decided to upload and share them here. I've only done the Character Phases worksheet and the Character Sheet so far. I have yet to even look at the town I'll be creating for my campaign, so I haven't made those sheets yet.

Use 'em or don't, just thought I'd share them.
"I am responsible for more than my own fun."

Offline SoulCatcher78

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • dA page
Re: In case anybody's planning on playing online...
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 08:20:19 PM »
Looks great, thanks for sharing them!

Offline Valarian

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 08:47:13 PM »
I'm hoping to run a Dresden Files game using Fantasy Grounds II once the current Summerland game is concluded. I'm working on a character sheet now for the software for us to use.
Google Groups for FGII Games:
European FG2 RPG - Fridays & Sundays (8pm UK time)
Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games

Offline sanchez

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 09:09:42 PM »
wait...is this like a dresden files type game online?
He writa da book to earna da monie to buya da bread to getta da strength to writa da book... :)

Offline Valarian

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 09:30:36 PM »
Yup. We'll be playing using software that mimics the tabletop experience, using text chat instead of speech. The game runs a little slower as it's written, not spoken, communication. We've found that in-character roleplay and story are actually improved as a result (compared with face to face).

I'll be running the game with the Friday night group.

Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games

Offline sanchez

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 11:13:11 PM »
is it a software thing you have to download, or is it anything you have to pay to do? im asking these questions cause i didnt know there was anything like this that could be done.
He writa da book to earna da monie to buya da bread to getta da strength to writa da book... :)

Offline SoulCatcher78

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • dA page
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 11:24:28 PM »
Yes it has to be purchased but has been around for quite a while and is a stable gaming platform (as far as sharing maps, etc with your group).

Offline Ghsdkgb

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2010, 12:37:27 AM »
Huh. We always just used an AIM chatroom and sent .docs and .pngs for charsheets and maps. The chatroom has a built-in diceroller, so it's served us well.
"I am responsible for more than my own fun."

Offline Valarian

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2010, 02:17:02 PM »
I'm hoping to run a Dresden Files game using Fantasy Grounds II once the current Summerland game is concluded. I'm working on a character sheet now for the software for us to use.
Well, I finished up the character sheet and I'm ready to run a game once I get the time. If I can figure out how to get a screenshot up, I'll post one for people to have a look at.

Offline drnuncheon

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2010, 02:49:56 PM »
Anyone looking for an excellent free alternative to software like Fantasygrounds should check out RPTools.net. I've been using Maptool plus Skype for my D20 fantasy game for a few months now and it has been almost like having a dining room table that somehow stretches from Pennsylvania to Colorado.