Author Topic: Bringing in new players?  (Read 1053 times)

Offline Kabluey

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Bringing in new players?
« on: June 21, 2010, 06:28:28 AM »
I'm starting a DFRPG campaign and my group has already done the city and character creation as described in the book, but we haven't had our first regular session yet.  But now it looks like I may get two new players - one who will be joining us at the first session, and another who will be joining in a few weeks.  My question is, since the new players weren't involved in the collaborative character creation, how have others handled creating the new characters?  Do you just have them write their own back story, or go through the 5 phases on their own, or actually have the group participate in creating the characters?

Offline Morgan

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Bringing in new players?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 07:10:44 AM »
Well if you have the two of them joining up have them make their characters together and let them guest star in each others stories/novels. Then to tie them into the rest of the group who've already made there characters have them guest star in one of previously created player character's stories/novels.

Or if they can't get together for some collaborative creation then just have them come up with their own stories for their two 'guest star' Aspects. But you'll probably want to tie the whole group together with some shared phases. 

Offline Papa Gruff

• Conversationalist
  • in omnia paratus!
    • View Profile
Re: Bringing in new players?
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 07:29:24 AM »
I'd do a quick character creation or on-the-fly character creation and let the gaming sessions define the character.
in omnia peratus! ... wait a minute! ... to give anybody a rucksack? ... DAMN CORRESPONDENCE COURSE!