Author Topic: Las Vegas Game Recruitment  (Read 3608 times)

Offline John Galt

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Las Vegas Game Recruitment
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2010, 02:37:20 AM »
If you have physical immunity why do you need toughness?

Because physical immunity against  not cold would be [-5] and supernatural toughness against cold is [-1], and physical immunity against not fire is [-2].  So it's 2 refresh cheaper and more consistent with the fact he's half fire giant.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 02:46:53 AM by John Galt »

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2010, 02:40:13 AM »
Or to put it another way:

His Physical Immunity is to Fire only. The Supernatural Toughness applies more generally (to anything that isn't Ice or Cold, actually).

Offline John Galt

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2010, 02:46:16 AM »
Pure mortals might not be up to straight up duking it out in a supernatural fight but i planned for this guy to almost never be in direct combat (and have a trouble related to it) he would largely be a well connected guy who is a monster at declarations. Also he would probably have quite a few fate points on average. but if you guys really think i should throw in thaumaturgy i probably could.

Make him however you want.  I didn't mean he'd be useless.  I just figured that it might get disheartening to see consistent weapon9-weapon12 attacks from your teammates taking out full zones of bad guys that could each destroy you in a one on one fight.  But your character would be far from useless.  

And if you decide to go with the tactician I'm going to stick with my Blood Mage.  I like him more than the Giant.  Though the Giant is pretty indestructible.  I'd like to see someone other than Winter Fae wield cold in Las Vegas.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 02:48:01 AM by John Galt »

Offline Archmage_Cowl

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2010, 02:48:37 AM »
I've decided to go with the tactician idea. I'm almost done making him and i'll post him on the character creation thread when i'm done. ;D

Edit: Posted!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 03:20:53 AM by Archmage_Cowl »
"I who stand in the full light of the heavens, command thee, who opens the gates to hell. Come forth Divine Lightning! This ends now! Indignation!" Jade Curtis Tales of the abyss

Tbora

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2010, 02:59:38 AM »
Cool, I'm glad you get to keep your Blood Mage, our sorcerous duo is going to kick ass together.

@Cowl, kk can't wait to see your tactician in action.

Tbora

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2010, 10:38:34 PM »
Trubrujah, are shapeshifter physical heavy dropped out so were in need of another body.We've got 3 wizards (and a pure mortal), so we really don't more spell slinger but anything else is more the welcome.

Offline Bubba Amon Hotep

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2010, 03:29:07 AM »
sent you a message.

Tbora

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2010, 06:17:43 PM »
We don't really need another support char as we have that with our Pure Mortal.We need a physical beat stick to replace our old one who dropped out.

Tbora

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2010, 01:45:28 AM »
Bump - Come on I need new faces!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 05:55:43 PM by Tbora »