Author Topic: High Concepts I'm Playing With  (Read 8234 times)

Offline KnightFerrous

• Participant
  • Goblin Knight
    • View Profile
Re: High Concepts I'm Playing With
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2010, 07:24:11 AM »
Does he have Item of Power: Luggage?

Aspect: All Problems solved by running
First ever Goblin Knight... so there

Joseph Smith
              HitWolf
Things found, Problems Solved
      No Birthday Parties

Offline Shinto_Knight

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2010, 04:41:59 PM »
Does he have Item of Power: Luggage?

umm thats Rincewind not Ronin

Offline toturi

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2010, 06:54:19 AM »
Bruce Wayne
High Concept: The Dark Knight
Trouble: Just a mere mortal
Background Aspect: Richer than God
Aspect: Batman always wins
Aspect: Even if he loses
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 07:55:22 AM by toturi »
With your laws of magic, wizards would pretty much just be helpless carebears who can only do magic tricks. - BumblingBear

Offline JG_Mage

• Conversationalist
  • "Lies. Mab cannot change who your are."
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2010, 03:19:37 PM »
A few of mine
Axe-crazy ex-thrall

Lycanthrope Outlaw

Pyromancer for hire

Heathen Holy Warrior (Asatru worshipper, Tyr specifically)

If anyone wants to hear more about one of them, let me know.

Axe-crazy ex-thrall and Heathen Holy Warrior please.

Offline Valarian

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2010, 04:10:27 PM »
Were-bear Guardian - character idea based on Barak of The Belgariad, the character would be the guardian of one of the other characters. An involuntary change, the bear change would be invoked when the other character was laced in danger. Should be fun for the GM to compel.
Manimal - remember the 80's TV series with Simon MacCorkindale? A multiform shapechanger that can transform in to various animal forms (as long as it's either a panther or a hawk :)).
Immortal Mortal - A character like Capt Jack Harkness (Torchwood / Dr Who) or Capt. Scarlet. They take damage as normal, but can't die. They eventually recover (Trouble: Just can't die). Mythic Recovery, but no other powers. The character is destined for a long life, like a Wizard, and the resulting losses that entails.
Google Groups for FGII Games:
European FG2 RPG - Fridays & Sundays (8pm UK time)
Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games

Offline Drazha

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2010, 09:31:46 PM »
Wrath of God- When the Bible talks about the wrath of God they weren't talking about God being angry, it was talking about a chosen few wielders of Amoracchius  who have the can  completely let loose with the power of God (as in they leave craters where towns used to be) if they are ordered too. The term "tough love" came from these guys and they smack down the righteous gauntlet without blinking an eye.

Offline Viatos

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2010, 11:37:29 PM »
Child of Abomination: Last scion of a long line of outsider-tainted witches stretching back to Salem, "gifted" with a potent combination of water-specialized evocation and the ability to become an unspeakable eldritch horror and devour the unclean.
Hobkin "Security Consultant": Changeling ninja, extremely good at stealth, deception, and the delicate art of cold iron dagger placement.
Pale Court Vampire: An experiment gone so wrong it went right; a human-seeming vampire without feeding dependencies, with red and white feeding methods, the mind powers of the black and white courts, and the best aspects of black and red court shapeshifting.

Submerged Build
----------------

Emotional Vampire -1
Blood Drinker -1
Incite Emotion -1
Domination -2
Supernatural Toughness -1 (Catch: Sunlight and mortal magic)
Human Form +1, tied to
Inhuman Strength -2
Claws -1
Wings -1

Offline JG_Mage

• Conversationalist
  • "Lies. Mab cannot change who your are."
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2010, 03:23:57 PM »
Pale Court Vampire: An experiment gone so wrong it went right; a human-seeming vampire without feeding dependencies, with red and white feeding methods, the mind powers of the black and white courts, and the best aspects of black and red court shapeshifting.

And everybody wants him/her dead or to use him/her? Dang.  8)

Offline Crion

• Conversationalist
  • "Don't. Mess. With. Librarians."
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2010, 02:57:34 PM »
Original poster beat me to the "Former ThreeEye Junkie on the Turnaround" concept I was kicking around, so I'll toss some of the others out here. . .

Fire-Slinging Winter Changeling - Basically the kind of character that doesn't WANT to go Winter but still finds himself answering to certain "instinctual" calls of his nature.

Little Talent with Big Britches - I haven't decided on what kind of non-wizard spellcaster this will be, but their motivation is "I wanna be a Warden someday!" (Not sure if this is a normal Aspect, a better way of wording the High Concept, or even a Trouble Aspect.)
I was rather tempted to add the trouble aspect of "Indebted to Power" and adding sponsored magic to the mix. Hrmmm. . .

Reenactor Running With The Pros - A Vanilla Mortal (or at least one who STARTS as a mortal) who reenacts one (or many) battles and lifestyles of the past, but has been roped into supernatural politics due to the supernaturals present at these events.
(This one is left wide open, as this character can be a Wild West Gunslinger, a Civil War Soldier, or even a Chivalrous Knight, among other options).

Have fun!

--Crion
"Smilies exist because no one has bothered to make a sarcasm font." Lost_Heretic
"I don't care about whose DNA has recombined with whose. When everything goes to hell, the people who stand by you without flinching--they are your family." Harry Dresden

Offline JustinS

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2010, 12:48:09 AM »

Reenactor Running With The Pros - A Vanilla Mortal (or at least one who STARTS as a mortal) who reenacts one (or many) battles and lifestyles of the past, but has been roped into supernatural politics due to the supernaturals present at these events.
(This one is left wide open, as this character can be a Wild West Gunslinger, a Civil War Soldier, or even a Chivalrous Knight, among other options).

Have fun!

--Crion

I could very much see "Reenactor with a real widget" -- I found it at a junk sale, and it went so well with my costume, and now I can't get rid of it....

Offline Viatos

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2010, 03:24:48 AM »
And everybody wants him/her dead or to use him/her? Dang.  8)

And that's just the High Concept - his TROUBLE is "I sparkle, crush on vampire slayers, AND substitute eroticized murder fixation for all my personality traits at the same time"!

Offline Crion

• Conversationalist
  • "Don't. Mess. With. Librarians."
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2010, 01:47:55 PM »
I could very much see "Reenactor with a real widget" -- I found it at a junk sale, and it went so well with my costume, and now I can't get rid of it....

That's also a fun way to go. A spin on your twist:

Curious Collector With a Rider - (I need a better name for this one.) Average Joe that came into possession of an Item of Power that has it's own personality with it. Think Hexenwulf belts and the Silver Denarii, only with an actual person of the past within it that offers knowledge, power, or just forces themselves into the poor fool who possesses it.

I've had this used in a different game some time ago: an Archaeologist who specialized in Ancient Egyptian History coming into contact with an item owned by a long forgotten Egyptian Sorceress. It played out as one part Lash (offering knowledge and Sponsored Magic as needed), one part Hexenwulfen (psuedo-possession to complete certain physical tasks), and a LOT of interesting roleplay.

The idea has also been seen in a few other shows/books/etc, but it's a good one.

--Crion
"Smilies exist because no one has bothered to make a sarcasm font." Lost_Heretic
"I don't care about whose DNA has recombined with whose. When everything goes to hell, the people who stand by you without flinching--they are your family." Harry Dresden