Author Topic: Chracter Ideas  (Read 1341 times)

Offline MFeeney

• Participant
    • View Profile
Chracter Ideas
« on: April 15, 2010, 03:47:16 PM »
I know there is a thread for "out there" concepts this is for other I am more into story than stats so I am going to get the ball rolling by giving some of first thoughts on a couple of Characters I may make
Ideas:  Characters for DFRPG
Brother and sister;
Brother is older by about 2-4 years: concept idea is a modern day Paladin ( maybe True believer as PC or starts as a vanilla Mortal)
Sister is 16 (ran away at 14): concept Enchantress (possible wizard level)

History  born to loving parents and raised in a fun and loving home for the first few years (maybe when the sister was 6)  an accident happens killing the parents throwing them on the mercy of a cold system ( possible thought for this is all we have/had is each other).  When the girl is 10 something happens (not sure exactly what happens but it leads them into contact with magic possibly running into a fae).   They never talk about it afterwards and this leads to the beginning of the estrangement between them as she is drawn more into the world of magic. When he leaves for college she runs away from the foster home disappearing into San Francisco ( the Haight-Ashbury) 

When the game starts He is working as either a police officer or EMT in San Francisco while quietly searching for his sister knowing that she would be called there this leads him to some in the know  about the Occult including the (Order of Michael Militant)   She is (enthralled or apprenticed) to the first threat that I will have for my players as a Gm  these are NPC’s that can become PC’s or threats depending on how the game goes ( since I share GM responsibilities with others in my normal gaming group we keep NPC/pc characters around for when GM’s change)    really just writing these up to get them out of my head since I am a few thousand miles away from my game group.   So what do you think?  Is it a good starting place ?   

Offline SoulCatcher78

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • dA page
Re: Chracter Ideas
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 08:46:02 PM »
Sounds very workable but you'll have to be careful that the sister doesn't get dead accidentally (i.e. storming the villians hideout spraying bullets would end badly).  Depending on what sort of story you are looking for you could even use the sister against the protaganists but have her freed of the influence in the end only to leave since she can't "face what she's done to others" while under the influence.  This has the possibility of becoming a long running story element (she pops up now and then and it's a "do we trust her or not" moment for the PCs since she was a villian at first).