Author Topic: Dresden Files MUSH  (Read 39549 times)

Offline Rechan

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Dresden Files MUSH
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2007, 11:09:28 PM »
Aah; so players would be moonlighting as a GM for plots that would involve their backstory or something.

Offline Northcott

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2007, 11:10:34 PM »
I'm planning on providing them with GM Tools, and allowing them to run the game, although major plots may require approval by the staff.

I peeked at the other posts in this thread, but didn't see the answer to this question: are you planning on using the Dresden Files RPG?   Or are you basing it off SotC, FATE, etc?

Offline CBeilby

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2007, 11:13:38 PM »
We're basing it off Fate 3.0, but there will likely be differences from the final Dresden Files game as published.

Offline CBeilby

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2007, 11:15:11 PM »
Aah; so players would be moonlighting as a GM for plots that would involve their backstory or something.

It doesn't even have to be tied into their own background.

Offline Rechan

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2007, 11:32:46 PM »

Just using that as an example. I mean if one PC decides "I'm going to go work for the Fae/Mob" and turns to a GM and goes "If you want to force my hand due to my connections, go ahead".

We're basing it off Fate 3.0, but there will likely be differences from the final Dresden Files game as published.

By different from the game as published, do you mean Rules wise, or just Universe wise (since I know it was said previously that you have your own ideas about Baltimore's supernatural makeup and the like)? I can also imagine that Fate would likely have to be tinkered with to fit the MUSH programming.

Offline CBeilby

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2007, 11:39:13 PM »

Just using that as an example. I mean if one PC decides "I'm going to go work for the Fae/Mob" and turns to a GM and goes "If you want to force my hand due to my connections, go ahead".

Well, that all depends on how they integrate themselves into the storyline/

By different from the game as published, do you mean Rules wise, or just Universe wise (since I know it was said previously that you have your own ideas about Baltimore's supernatural makeup and the like)? I can also imagine that Fate would likely have to be tinkered with to fit the MUSH programming.

System wise.  We're developing the code now, so our Magic System, Advancement, and a few other things will likely be different.

Offline Rechan

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2007, 11:47:16 PM »
IN that case, where do you pick up Fate 3.0? :D

Offline CBeilby

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2007, 11:50:31 PM »
I've got Spirit of the Century, but the System Resource Document is available at http://www.faterpg.com/dl/.  However, this is still for 2.0.  Currently the only way to get 3.0 is to get Spirit of the Century.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 12:00:35 AM by CBeilby »

Offline Rechan

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2007, 11:58:39 PM »
Ha! Turns out I all ready had that; I thought that was an earlier version.

Offline CBeilby

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2007, 12:34:03 AM »
Actually, the Spirit of the Century System Resource Document is available here.

I won't be posting MUX specific rules, such as our Magic Rules, until the game is closer to opening.

Offline Ebenezar McCoy

• Participant
  • Hell's bells, Hoss!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2007, 09:44:25 PM »
How come you don't want to do it in Chicago? Why don't you want to use canon characters? I am sure the answer is within the thread somewhere, but I am weary from all the reading. Sue me.

Offline Rechan

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2007, 09:48:44 PM »
How come you don't want to do it in Chicago? Why don't you want to use canon characters? I am sure the answer is within the thread somewhere, but I am weary from all the reading. Sue me.

The same reason that the Dresden RPG is not set in Chicago, using Canon characters.

Offline CBeilby

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2007, 09:50:16 PM »
To prevent affecting Jim's ability to write the books, and protect him from people saying that he stole their ideas.

Offline Rechan

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2007, 09:51:55 PM »
To prevent affecting Jim's ability to write the books, and protect him from people saying that he stole their ideas.

And here I would have thought it would be due to Jim handling all of Chicago in his books, and it would be somewhat dumb to have Big Powerful Harry Dresden able to swoop in and solve any problem instead of the characters.

Offline Ebenezar McCoy

• Participant
  • Hell's bells, Hoss!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2007, 10:10:45 PM »
Indeed, that sounds proper. Thanks CBeilby!