Author Topic: DFRPG events at Gen Con 2010 sold out so fast...  (Read 3521 times)

Offline WadeL

• Participant
    • View Profile
DFRPG events at Gen Con 2010 sold out so fast...
« on: April 11, 2010, 09:11:54 PM »
Man, the DFRPG events run by Indie Games Explosion at GenCon sold out within seconds.  Well, I guess I should be happy they are so popular, but I was hoping to get into one(or more) of 'em!  Were they going to be run by any of the people involved with making the RPG, or just other fans?  Any chance of more events being added to the roster?

Of course, doesn't prevent others from organizing sessions of their own at the Con, especially for any of us who'll be there for the non-scheduled early start Wednesday - I could certainly be convinced to play(or run  :o ) then, if anything were to fall together. ;)

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
Re: DFRPG events at Gen Con 2010 sold out so fast...
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 09:14:17 PM »
I think it was mostly fans (though I forget if Clark Valentine was running any of them). Origins is where we're launching the physical product (hopefully) and have a bunch of GMs running the game. Many more slots there, and for me a more relaxing convention even when I'm working the dealer hall.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 09:14:51 PM »
I think Scott Acker might also be available to run a few games of it in the Games on Demand area -- he's on here, so maybe he can speak to that better than I can.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline WadeL

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 09:33:14 PM »
I had figured the bulk of any of the 'official' types running would be at Origins.  I am sad I won't be able to make it to that con for the launch - I am sure though the one year we choose to go to Origins instead of Gen Con will probably be the one year you decide to hit Gen Con instead of Origins, too.  Heh.  Of the many things Gen Con is, relaxing is not one of them though, so the decision to do Origins instead for you guys is pretty understandable.

I shall keep ears peeled for Scott Acker(or anyone else) who mentions intent to run something at Gen Con though.

Offline SaintAndSinner

• Conversationalist
  • Dresden Files Playtester (Bleeding Alpha)
    • View Profile
    • A Saint And A Sinner
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 12:22:28 AM »
Hi, I'm Scott.  Two of the Dresden Events at Gencon are mine.  I'd be glad to run more at Games on Demand (Friday or Saturday AM), or after hours at the Embassy Suites.  Maybe even Sunday but I have to leave time to get home.  Hope to see a bunch of you there.   ;D
"Before you speak, it is necessary for you to listen, for God speaks in the silence of the heart."
Blessed Mother Teresa, Ora Pro Nobis

Offline Morgan

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 12:38:05 AM »
Hi, I'm Morgan. I've got three of the Dresden Events at Gencon. If anyone is interested in some Dresden I'm also planning on keeping my evenings mostly free and will probably be available for some off the books games at the Embassy Suites.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 12:44:03 AM by Morgan »

Offline WadeL

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2010, 08:24:23 AM »
I figured it'd actually make most sense to necro this instead of starting a new thread - now that we're on the eve of the con, anyone planning on running anything either any time on Wednesday, Friday any time before 5p or perhaps on Sunday night?  Should I be private messaging people about such things, or is my best bet just to show up at Games on Demand on Friday?  We didn't do the Games on Demand thing last year - kept on meaning to stop by, but just never had time.  This year we've got a few more breaks in our schedule, and are actually going to be around on Wednesday.  Craziness will ensue no doubt. ;)

Offline ParanetAdventures

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2010, 11:40:22 AM »
I'll also be there, and have another couple of folks interested in playing if we can work out an after hours or Sunday game.

Offline Elf_NFB

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2010, 11:41:31 AM »
A bunch of us (and everyone else at GenCon from what I hear) are going to Scotty's on Wednesday. If we can't play some Cataan there, I'll see if the gang wants to Create a City for later use in a Dresden Files game. It will be our home town so we shouldn't need TOO much extra research. :)

Booze.. food... and gaming... I LOVE GenCon!

Offline SaintAndSinner

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • A Saint And A Sinner
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2010, 05:24:56 PM »
I'll be there late-ish Thursday thru Monday morning.  I'd love to run (or even better play) Dresden at Games on Demand, after hours at the Embassy, etc.  Just email me at saintandsinner.jmj@gmail.com.
"Before you speak, it is necessary for you to listen, for God speaks in the silence of the heart."

Offline SaintAndSinner

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • A Saint And A Sinner
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2010, 05:27:00 PM »
Games on Demand will take place on Friday and Saturday (August 6-7) from 10am – 6pm in Grand Central Ballroom B of the Crown Plaza Hotel.

Once you’re there, look for us at tables 1-6. Find the event hosts, tell them what you’re interested in playing and let them guide you to the fun.

While you do not need to register for games, generic tickets are required to play at GoD. The best time to find open games is at the start of a session (10am or 2pm). You can also show up with a game ready and volunteer to run it at an open table!

If you’re interested in signing up as a host or GM, contact Scott (saintandsinner.jmj@gmail.com) or talk with one of the hosts at the event for more information.

For additional updates online, or to coordinate game times, check out the @Games_On_Demand account on Twitter.

Offline Morgan

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2010, 06:45:00 PM »
I'll be there in the Games on Demand room (Crowne Plaza Ballroom B) running my three Dresden games Thursday-Saturday at 2pm, but I am also planning to head over to the Embassy Suites lobby most nights around 8pm and putting out my Dresden GM Shingle. If you'd like to sign up ahead of time I'll see about putting out a sign up sheet in the Games on Demand room, or come and see me in person. I'll also be following the @Games_On_Demand twitter.

Offline RoseThorns

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2010, 03:08:14 AM »
I'm so glad to hear there are pick-ups to be had! I'm here at the con and was hoping I wouldn't go home without getting my Dresden on. I'll try to find the pickup games!

Offline Saedar

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2010, 03:47:51 PM »
I'll be there in the Games on Demand room (Crowne Plaza Ballroom B) running my three Dresden games Thursday-Saturday at 2pm, but I am also planning to head over to the Embassy Suites lobby most nights around 8pm and putting out my Dresden GM Shingle. If you'd like to sign up ahead of time I'll see about putting out a sign up sheet in the Games on Demand room, or come and see me in person. I'll also be following the @Games_On_Demand twitter.

Loved the Saturday night game you ran for us!! Sleep deprivation and exhaustion make everything better!

Offline Morgan

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2010, 07:01:09 PM »
Loved the Saturday night game you ran for us!! Sleep deprivation and exhaustion make everything better!

Don't they just. ;D Both the night time pick up games and the scheduled ones were great. I hope next year more folks will be comfortable enough with the system to run a bunch of Dresden Files at next year's GenCon, Origins, and other conventions both big and small. Judging by the thirteen name long sign up list of people with generic tickets hoping to get into the two games on Saturday, and all the other people who showed up wanting to get into all the other scheduled games, we definitely need more people running it.

Mainly because I'd really like to play in some DFRPG con games. I only got to play in my friend Will's pick up game of Leverage Files (mixing the chocolate and peanut butter of Leverage and the Dresden Files) and it was awesome.