Author Topic: NeverNever  (Read 1106 times)

Offline Madmacabre

• Participant
    • View Profile
NeverNever
« on: April 09, 2010, 12:28:27 PM »
Hello all,

Where can I find more information about the Nevernever?

PS: Not done reading the novels yet. I am at Dead Beat

Offline blackheart

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: NeverNever
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 01:58:37 PM »
Summer Knight has the first in depth look at the lands of Fairie.
Proven Guilty has a wonderful scene in the Winter Court.

Short Answer: NeverNever is whatever you want it to be.
Slightly Longish Answer: NeverNever is the sum total of everything ever imagined or thought of.
Everything.

The Fairie lands are closest to "our" world, and thus the first place you end up in when you cross over. The Summer and Winter Courts Lands and the FaeWild are the most accessable. After that is the mythic lands of legends, like Avalon (from Arthur and Camalot) and presumably the Old Gods realms (like the Greek and Norse mythos).
It's been speculated that both Heaven and Hell are somewhere in the depths of NeverNever. But if anyone has made it there and back, we haven't heard about it.
"How do you carjack a Death Star?"
Gina Diggers, Gold Digger #99

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 02:23:48 PM »
Yeah, somewhere else I saw someone say that documenting the nevernever is like trying to draw a detailed map of the universe on an index card.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline The Codex

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 02:30:55 PM »
Personally i am going to use using lots of different representations for the NeverNever

So local art and history for bits of historical never never (so in the NeverNever Nottingham Castle is still fully standing and grand and regal but decayed as the GhostKing resides here)

As well as area that have a specific Look so Wotton Park (has a dark creepy look due to it being a hunt ground of the Erlking and his Huntsman representative Hood)

Hope this helps