Author Topic: Can I Just Say...  (Read 2392 times)

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
Can I Just Say...
« on: April 09, 2010, 03:26:18 AM »
... I'm really impressed by you guys. So many of you have already shown solid understanding of the text -- whether it's to ask good questions or even better to answer them -- which means you've been doing a lot of reading and a good job of keeping it all inside your head in a very short period of time.  I'm not sure *I* can do that, and I helped write part of the damn thing.

My (evil) hat's off to you all.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline LCDarkwood

• Warden
  • Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Can I Just Say...
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 03:44:06 AM »
Ditto. I've had fun with the questions - during the work, I've had to do this kind of geeking out largely to my cat. :)

Also, in case anyone needs to know, or I ever need to quote myself on it again, let me state it here: if I don't agree with you, it doesn't mean you're wrong. I'm just the designer, and I say that with no sarcasm - I'm not at your table, playing with your group. You know best.

-L

Offline Belmonte

• Conversationalist
  • O Dei! Lava quod est sordium!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 03:48:52 AM »
Can /I/ just say that it's incredibly great having you designer guys answering questions for us? :)  It's really good service, and I appreciate it.  I'm tempted to buy another set of books to give as a gift, in thanks.
When you ship or slash, God kills a kitten.  You don't want God to kill a kitten, do you?

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 03:53:11 AM »
Can /I/ just say that it's incredibly great having you designer guys answering questions for us? :)  It's really good service, and I appreciate it.  I'm tempted to buy another set of books to give as a gift, in thanks.

What he said. I got the book, asked like two questions...and got answers to both within a few hours. That's both impressive and really neat, and I'd say I was shocked but, honestly, that's the kind of sheer coolness that I've come to expect from Evil Hat. You folks are awesome.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 03:58:18 AM by Deadmanwalking »

Offline MacsNewBrew

• Conversationalist
  • Lurking faithfully since 2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 03:54:45 AM »
Oh, thank YOU Evil Hat folks! If ferromantic games (of the video kind) were as up front and honest and didn't rush things into publication and delivered great product (will I ever see my $20 preorder for Duke Nukem Forever pay off?) as you guys.....
another one of those discussions about Heaven and God and the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Offline srl51676

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 04:00:59 AM »
I have to agree that I am stunned by the level of interaction and attention we as players receive from the design team and the speed with which the interaction takes place. Thank you so much for a quality product and great customer service.
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur.
"The world wants to be deceived, so let it be deceived."

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 04:07:07 AM »
Treating our customers and fans like they're our peers and our brother and sister gamers is how we roll.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.

Offline Lanodantheon

• Conversationalist
  • A Wizard is as a Wizard does...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 04:59:39 AM »
What can I say Sirs and Madams of Evil Hat: You made a damn good game for some damn good fans of a damn good series.

As an aside, I recently finished all of Changes in one sitting the same way I did every book before it. Without referring to Spoilery material(which I would never do) I will share that my reactionary chain was thus:

Part 1: "No! I want MORE!! I'M NOT SATISFIED!!! "

Part 2: "TO THE GAMING TABLE!!!"

That good Sirs and Madams is the sign of a good game and a perfect storm.

As another aside that will make you guys laugh your asses off, this weekend I get to run a game that explores uncharted territory and if my players or certain nameless authors are reading, don't highlight the spoiler tags:

Question:
(click to show/hide)
Answer: With Gusto... ;D
www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/the-emerald-city  (Nov 2012 Campaign of The Month)

fate-accelerated-star-wars-the-infinite-empire.obsidianportal.com/
(June 2016 Campaign of The Month)

My name is Lanodantheon Thul, Conjure that by your own risk....But first, you have be able to spell it...

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2010, 05:11:10 AM »
Man, I have known about significant parts of the plot of Changes for nearly ten years or so. I am so glad it's out there, because now I'm back in the territory of not knowing (most of) what comes next.

But yes: TO THE GAMING TABLE!
(click to show/hide)
Fred Hicks

Offline void

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2010, 06:02:50 AM »
Honestly, my love for the series wouldn't have been enough to pressure my loved ones into pre-ordering so that I can look over their shoulders at their copies of the PDF...

... it took realizing exactly how connected you (evil) folks are with the fans, how much this clearly meant to you to have this mean so much to us, to get me to work up the enthusiasm to go "WE HAVE TO HAVE THIS!!!!" to the others.

It wasn't Jim's writing and awesome setting that sold this game to me. It wasn't your previous work. It wasn't even your previews.

It was you, the people behind the game, being people, with people. That is why.

Offline blackheart

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2010, 12:57:11 PM »
Can I just say to you Fred...

Dude, Cool. You're Cool. The Game: Damned Cool. We're Cool because of Cool Proximity.
Surrounded by Cool, you get Cool.

Cool? Cool.
(And again, thanks for it all.)
"How do you carjack a Death Star?"
Gina Diggers, Gold Digger #99