Author Topic: quick sponsored magic question(namely hellfire)  (Read 1471 times)

Offline Archmage_Cowl

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
quick sponsored magic question(namely hellfire)
« on: April 08, 2010, 11:50:00 PM »
okay so i have a character who wants to play a wizard with hellfire from the shadow of a denarian(sound familar?  ::) ) But this idea has caused me to come up with three questions.

First So okay in the sponsored magic descripition it say sponsored magic can be combined with any evocation bonus's from specialization for a supercharged effect. So would this be like if the wizard has a +2 to fire evocation power and he casts a blast of fire with hellfire in it he would also get the +1 from hellfire for dealing stress equaling a total of +3 to the power?

Second does having the shadow of a denarian cost refresh(like demonic co-pilot)?

Third does hellfire and other sponsored magic's work automatically or does the character have to draw on them specificly for a spell?
"I who stand in the full light of the heavens, command thee, who opens the gates to hell. Come forth Divine Lightning! This ends now! Indignation!" Jade Curtis Tales of the abyss

Offline LCDarkwood

• Warden
  • Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: quick sponsored magic question(namely hellfire)
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 03:07:45 AM »
First, yes.

Second, it depends on what impact you want that background to have in your game.

Third, I'm assuming you can choose when to use the bonuses and when not to. But, as the book says, the dark powers are always willing to help...

Offline Archmage_Cowl

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: quick sponsored magic question(namely hellfire)
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 03:13:10 AM »
lol yes those sneaky jerks trying to corrupt mortals and all that  ;D
On a less joking note thanks for the answer getting that -1 refresh back will probably cheer that player up.
"I who stand in the full light of the heavens, command thee, who opens the gates to hell. Come forth Divine Lightning! This ends now! Indignation!" Jade Curtis Tales of the abyss