Author Topic: Question about "Monster" PC's  (Read 2244 times)

Offline Abhoth

• Participant
    • View Profile
Question about "Monster" PC's
« on: April 06, 2010, 04:03:47 AM »
Hi all I have just got the game and I am really stoked to start playing it, however the game that my group wants me to run will be a little different, essentially I am running a "vampire" game, players will be members of the Courts of Vampires. What I am wondering is how do I handle the character generation for full vampires? (it states vampires are usually npc's) so do I just do normal character generation and assign everyone the vampire template?

Thanks all

Abhoth

PS I am totally new to the Fate system this is my first Fate rpg (and just a aside my group and me have been looking forward to playing in the world of harry dresden for a Long Time)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 04:05:47 AM by Abhoth »

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
Re: Question about "Monster" PC's
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 04:06:06 AM »
Well, your problem will be power level, in part. You'll have to look at the various templates in Our World and see the refresh cost on those to get an idea of what I'm talking about, there. But you could always start with an uber-powerful campaign and set the default refresh level higher than 10...
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline Abhoth

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 04:08:26 AM »
Well, your problem will be power level, in part. You'll have to look at the various templates in Our World and see the refresh cost on those to get an idea of what I'm talking about, there. But you could always start with an uber-powerful campaign and set the default refresh level higher than 10...

Just a question on how refresh actually works, can you increase your refersh as you character gets more experneince? So your characters get more powerful over time? one aspect we thought of as starting as humans who had been selected for turning and go from there.

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 04:09:58 AM »
Just a question on how refresh actually works, can you increase your refersh as you character gets more experneince? So your characters get more powerful over time? one aspect we thought of as starting as humans who had been selected for turning and go from there.
That's covered in the Advancement chapter. Go read it! (But the short answer is yes. The long answer is worth reading.)
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline Abhoth

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 04:12:53 AM »
That's covered in the Advancement chapter. Go read it! (But the short answer is yes. The long answer is worth reading.)

hehe ), Im just VERY EXCITED and yes I should read before asking too many questions lol ! :)

Thanks for your help !

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 04:46:20 AM »
I'd go with Refresh 11, 30 Skills, and just drop Echoes of the Beast from the Red Court. That'll allow Red and White Court, and even Black if you power them down a bit (I reccomend dropping Gaseous Form and Living Dead, the latter with some excuse). That'll give you a roughly Submerged power level game with all the Courts able to be represented.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 07:33:52 AM by Deadmanwalking »