Author Topic: Harry's Stats plus Assorted Other Stat Revisions (Small Favor through Cold Days)  (Read 171900 times)

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
I doubt you can work magic while engaged in mental combat. Both are very mentally intensive and you really can't afford to be distracted while doing them.

True...but Morty wasn't actually involved in the combat in question, Molly was. It just took him most of the combat to prep his stuff.

Offline narphoenix

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
True, I suppose.

But his Discipline seems low. He works complicated Ectomancy (see Dead Beat: Harry needs Little Chicago to do that), and it doesn't backfire.
GMing:

Paranet 2250

Avatar from Scarfgirl and TheOtherChosenOne of Deviantart

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
True, I suppose.

But his Discipline seems low. He works complicated Ectomancy (see Dead Beat: Harry needs Little Chicago to do that), and it doesn't backfire.

Discipline 3 means he can channel one shift of power a round with very very low chances of failure, since he would need to roll a -3 for that to happen, and even if it did, he could just burn an FP to counteract it. If you're that worried, you could switch the table to a Control bonus, I suppose.

Offline Hick Jr

• Posty McPostington
  • Actually just a jar full of bees attached to a CPU
    • View Profile
I'd give Morty some kind of channeling or evothaum. 
Hi! My home is called an apiary! I collect honey, and defend the Queen!

Not-so-secretly a power hungry megalomaniac with a Modular Abilities addiction.

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
I'd give Morty some kind of channeling or evothaum.

Channeling? Definitely not. Too many times it would've ben useful that it didn't come up. Evothaum? Possible, but I can't think of anything he does that necessitates it.

Offline Hick Jr

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
The wraith pit, I'd say. Possibly forcing his will upon Harry's spirit (the car, exorcising him)

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
The wraith pit, I'd say. Possibly forcing his will upon Harry's spirit (the car, exorcising him)

The Wraith Pit he had definite time to do (that's what was being discussed earlier). And exorcising a ghost from yourself seems as simple as not wanting them there, it's explicitly noted that they aren't demons to possess the unwilling. I'm not remembering the thing in the car...

Offline Mrmdubois

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
He grabs Harry and keeps him from falling through the floor.  Didn't seem like a spell to me though.

Offline Hick Jr

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
He was basically exercising his will on a ghost. I might call it a high concept compel, but giving him evothaum makes sense to me.

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
I'd peg that as more flavor than anything. The kind of thing that's represented by him making, say, a Conviction maneuver that he tags for effect.

Evothaum's certainly reasonable...but I'm not throwing on what amounts to a custom power based on being able to help Harry not fall out of a car, which appears to be the only real example available.

Offline Mrmdubois

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
I'd peg that as more flavor than anything. The kind of thing that's represented by him making, say, a Conviction maneuver that he tags for effect.

Evothaum's certainly reasonable...but I'm not throwing on what amounts to a custom power based on being able to help Harry not fall out of a car, which appears to be the only real example available.

This is the way I saw it too.

By the way, giving Mort Mimic Points is pretty cool.

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
This is the way I saw it too.

By the way, giving Mort Mimic Points is pretty cool.

That part is all Sanctaphrax's idea. I might have come up with it on my own, but we'll never know, because I saw his version and went 'That's perfet!' before really considering statting him myself.

Offline narphoenix

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
So when Mort Mimiced Harry, he took Evocation and... What?
GMing:

Paranet 2250

Offline Deadmanwalking

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
So when Mort Mimiced Harry, he took Evocation and... What?

Probably a level of Refinement or Harry's Conviction skill.

On the other hand, that might've been an example of Harry's ghostly abilities rather than Mort's standard trick as Harry later does the same thing to Molly, and she clearly doesn't have such a power. Doesn't seem to be a thing most ghosts can do (barring Morty's intervention), but willing possession appears to have been on Harry's list of abilities as a ghost.

Offline narphoenix

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
So what do you think he did with the +1 Refresh he got after sending Capriocorpus on that southbound train?
GMing:

Paranet 2250